Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

iacrenter said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
The simplified typical series of events and steps for discounts from a builder

1) Lot has not sold through the priority list and is sitting, Then offer closing cost credit with preferred lender

2) Builder has begun to build the home themselves and it is in danger of becoming costlier to hold standing inventory, Then offer design credit

3) The standing inventory home is sitting around for quite some time, Then reduce price of the home.

4) Standing inventory builds up, Then increase broker co-op

I thought #4 comes before #3. Builders loathe price cuts and it angers previous phase buyers.

No actually discounts off the price is much more common. You have to remember when a builder builds the house themselves they are putting in a bunch of high profit upgrades. So when they are giving you a discount its off the inflated price of the upgraded home, not the base price.

lovingit said:
I?m wondering at what phase will there be standing inventory?  I think Shea should have started building in the back and make the view lots toward the later phases.  Not sure why they would release view lots on the beginning?  Whoever is on their marketing team isn't doing a strategic job.

My prediction is never. This will be one of those collections that sells out without ever having standing inventory. Priority list only.

Charging more at later phase doesn't mean they are making more money. Construction cost and materials goes up. They probably made much more profit off phase 1 view lots than they will from the parking-lot view homes at the last phase.

I would disagree.  All depends on how you market.  Even with the increase in building costs, if you build up the hype and with the gradual phase increases, they could probably mark up the view lots way more toward the end.  Plus, the market may have increased by then also.  Unless Covid brings everything back down.

JadedOne said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Approx Early Jan for P4

Nope, typically when a builder is selling their released lots quickly they?ll release a new phase within 4-6 weeks.  I?m guessing the holidays had something to do with it.

Is a two month delay between phases typical? I expected they'd continue on the monthly schedule.

Plan 2 seems to be the most popular plan. Anyone have a feel for the least popular?  Or are they all just selling out like hot cakes?

scubasteve said:
Plan 2 seems to be the most popular plan. Anyone have a feel for the least popular?  Or are they all just selling out like hot cakes?

Tough to say but my buyers are most interested in Plan 2 and Plan 3.  They don't like how the family room is kind of small with the courtyard in Plan 1 but I know some buyers like that courtyard area as it brings in more light.

I like to recommend 20ft of setback before thinking a small pool. Otherwise it really crowds up the yard. If I recall correctly the view lots have 11-15ft setbacks

lovingit said:
I think only plan 2 has a 23' set back from the great room.  The CA room side is 11'.  Could that work?

Generally you want the smallest distance to be 20ft or it will look crowded. None of the view lots would fit even a small pool. Perhaps a 2-3 person spa for some romantic nights could work. If we are talking semantics is that what you would consider a small pool? Go see the plan 1 and 2 models in person which are on lots with about the minimum distance I recommend. The plan 2 model has a small pool.

Does the model Plan2 have a 20ft setback?  I think they did a good job of making the Pool look OK.; Nm saw your response that the model has min setback.

Do the view lots generally go for more than a larger non-view lot?  I stopped by last night and the view lot was very unimpressive (low elevation as mentioned here) and the backyard looked tiny when I looked at the new houses being built/framed.

scubasteve said:
Do the view lots generally go for more than a larger non-view lot?  I stopped by last night and the view lot was very unimpressive (low elevation as mentioned here) and the backyard looked tiny when I looked at the new houses being built/framed.

Yes, the view lots are selling with a $400k+ lot premium compared to the non-view lots.

Low elevation?  These are higher than Trevi?s $4m views.
Have you seen some of the lower elevations of the Vistas on Leafy Pass where you have the backyard of another Vista home backed right below you? 

scubasteve said:

irvineboy said:
Low elevation?  These are higher than Trevi?s $4m views.
Have you seen some of the lower elevations of the Vistas on Leafy Pass where you have the backyard of another Vista home backed right below you? 

scubasteve said:

Apparently not! Not too familiar with OH as I live in CV with a 10ft setback ??

USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:

Yes, the view lots are selling with a $400k+ lot premium compared to the non-view lots.

There were some larger lots compared to the view lots on the right side of the Dev map (can't recall the exact street names).  Do you know what the premium is on those?

Back