Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

Cares said:
You maybe can get around it if you have a willing reservation holder go on title with you during the original purchase with the builder and then quit claim the property to you after close of escrow. You would probably need a lawyer to figure out the stuff in between.

That's assuming the original buyer bought it for cash and you'll still be hit with county trasnfer tax for recording a quit claim deed and transerring the property to a non-family member.

People need to take a deep breathe and relax. Get on the wait list and wait for your name to be called. Will you get a larger lot or view lot if you register now?  Probably not, but you'll have a decent chance of buying an interior lot if you are patient.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:
You maybe can get around it if you have a willing reservation holder go on title with you during the original purchase with the builder and then quit claim the property to you after close of escrow. You would probably need a lawyer to figure out the stuff in between.

That's assuming the original buyer bought it for cash and you'll still be hit with county trasnfer tax for recording a quit claim deed and transerring the property to a non-family member.

People need to take a deep breathe and relax. Get on the wait list and wait for your name to be called. Will you get a larger lot or view lot if you register now?  Probably not, but you'll have a decent chance of buying an interior lot if you are patient.

Exactly. With attrition of the wait list, anyone can get a large lot in those later phases as long as you get your name on there and be patient.

Phase 3 early November btw.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:

Is this getting close to irrational exuberant? Or are we there already?

There is always something else when you have those coins and a little time.

Is this one of a kind property? hardly.

Relax and enjoy the process, it might be in your favor after the election.

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:

There's a lot of low interest rate FOMO out there, that's for sure. So many buyers and multiple counter offer situations out there (for me on both sides) and some of the bidding is getting a little out of hand. Here are a few examples on the buy side for me....
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/11-Appleglen-Dr-92602/home/4794167
Was listed at $865,000 (they raised the price to $895k then put it on hold) and my buyer went $870,888...no dice, there were 8 offers on this one and we weren't even considered as a back-up buyer.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/24-Willowhurst-GN-92602/home/5814932
My buyer went $1,021,000 with no appraisal contingency with more than enough to cover an appraisal shortoff on this one...nope, they had 7 offers and the buyer they picked offered more.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fountain-Valley/10215-Swallow-Ave-92708/home/3816508
My buyer bid $960,000 off the bat and then went $1,001,000 with no appraisal contingency with plenty of liquidity to cover....that wasn't enough, apparently an all cash buyer went higher and removed ALL contingncies day 1 including the inspection contingency.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:

There's a lot of low interest rate FOMO out there, that's for sure. So many buyers and multiple counter offer situations out there (for me on both sides) and some of the bidding is getting a little out of hand. Here are a few examples on the buy side for me....
Was listed at $865,000 (they raised the price to $895k then put it on hold) and my buyer went $870,888...no dice, there were 8 offers on this one and we weren't even considered as a back-up buyer.
My buyer went $1,021,000 with no appraisal contingency with more than enough to cover an appraisal shortoff on this one...nope, they had 7 offers and the buyer they picked offered more.
My buyer bid $960,000 off the bat and then went $1,001,000 with no appraisal contingency with plenty of liquidity to cover....that wasn't enough, apparently an all cash buyer went higher and removed ALL contingncies day 1 including the inspection contingency.

Amazing!!!  But FED say, they are not even thinking, about thinking, about thinking, thinking to raise rate. Four thinking of thinking is the next message comes out after next meeting.

For a second there, I thought and the FED had me believe that everything is going to be fine. :) :) :)

USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:

seems to be properties under a million...how's it looking like with $1.5 and up?

trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:

seems to be properties under a million...how's it looking like with $1.5 and up?

There is less craziness in the $1.5m+ market for sure (less buyers and much more inventory) but that market has improved in the past few months, this includes on the resale sides and on the new home side. Most of the buyers in the $1.5m+ market are move up buyers who are selling their homes around $1m. The stregnth in prices of the home that theses buyers own is giving them confidence to upgrade their homes.

I actually feel bad for my buyers that are in the entry level market. Homes in the $700-800k entry range are so competitive and are all going over asking. I had a buyer that put in an offer on an $800k listing in Torrance for $850k. Didn't even get a counter. They said they countered only 3 offers there were over $900k. It's crazy.

Phase 3

Lot 54  2C  1,795,000
Lot 55  1B  1,775,000
Lot 56  3D  1,830,000

View Lots

Lot 68  1A  2,215,170 Includes several structural options
Lot 69  2D  2,249,720 Includes several structural options
Lot 70  3A  2,277,995 Includes several structural options

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Phase 3

Lot 54  2C  1,795,000
Lot 55  1B  1,775,000
Lot 56  3D  1,830,000

View Lots

So what did the view lot base price increase by from phase 2? (It was a $50k increase from phase 1 to phase 2)

irvineboy said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Phase 3

Lot 54  2C  1,795,000
Lot 55  1B  1,775,000
Lot 56  3D  1,830,000

View Lots

So what did the view lot base price increase by from phase 2? (It was a $50k increase from phase 1 to phase 2)

about 50-55k from Phase 2 depending on plan. There was no plan 1 in phase 2 though.

shadyoc said:
I wonder if they sold out?  Jeez, so phase 3 view lots increased by $130k from phase 1 view lots.

The builder knows that a good number of people on the waitlist (maybe even the majority) are waiting for a view lot so they'll keep raising the view lot premiums every phase to maximize profit. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadyoc said:
I wonder if they sold out?  Jeez, so phase 3 view lots increased by $130k from phase 1 view lots.

The builder knows that a good number of people on the waitlist (maybe even the majority) are waiting for a view lot so they'll keep raising the view lot premiums every phase to maximize profit.

its interesting because with these view lots, there isnt much space. its more like a back patio with a view.

shadyoc said:

That?s just the pricing. The phase isn?t released for sale until nov 7.

shadyoc said:
So are buyers still trying to buy these view lots or have the price caused a slow down?

We'll know by this weekend.  I'm guessing that one of my contingent buyers who got on the list in early Sept may get a call for one of the interior lots in the next few phases.

shadyoc said:
So are buyers still trying to buy these view lots or have the price caused a slow down?

I?m wondering if the recent fire in OH?s backyard would affect any potential buyers.

Back