Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

quattroporte said:
I just wonder how much longer the prices are going to keep rising this fast. It seems $15K every month is now becoming the norm, not the exception.

It is the case for Santa Clara before and Santa Maria now... For some more pricey SFR in SG it seems the rate doesn't rise as much but still not easy to deal with.
While I don't think it's unique to new homes and IP, I think it's even more aggressive for current homes in Irvine. As a matter of fact, it is starting to look like it's not Irvine specific anymore...

As for price today VS 2007/2008, not sure if they are related, but now Dow Jones did went up 10% from the previous high in 07/08, PLUS consider the dollar today value less than the dollar back then (back then an ounce of Gold is like what? $800 VS around $1300-$1400 today even with the recent gold price drop)... I am starting to wonder if the house price will eventually pass the previous high in just a few year VS a typical cycle...

USCTrojanCPA said:
quattroporte said:
LiefinIrvine said:
JasonTheArtist said:
BunkMoreland said:
$574k - Jan
$636k - May (includes pre-packaged upgrades)

Wow! That more than a plan 3 San mateo 6 months ago!

And they had sold only 40 homes. If this is the trend, then imagine the price in the last phase :mad:

- 168 homes - 40 homes = 128 homes left to build
- $574,000 - $636,000 = $62,000 increase after 40 homes
- $62,000/40 = $1,550 average increase per home
- 128 homes x $1,550 = $198,000 increase up to last home
- $198,000 increase + $636,000 current price = $834,000 price of last home

I don't know if this is possible, but this is Irvine!
The price increase is per PHASE not per HOUSE.  I think the price for the last phases will be around $700k with the model selling for around $750k.

You're probably right... but WTF!?!?

I'm still hoping this is just a mini-bubble.

borca said:
quattroporte said:
I just wonder how much longer the prices are going to keep rising this fast. It seems $15K every month is now becoming the norm, not the exception.

It is the case for Santa Clara before and Santa Maria now... For some more pricey SFR in SG it seems the rate doesn't rise as much but still not easy to deal with.
While I don't think it's unique to new homes and IP, I think it's even more aggressive for current homes in Irvine. As a matter of fact, it is starting to look like it's not Irvine specific anymore...

As for price today VS 2007/2008, not sure if they are related, but now Dow Jones did went up 10% from the previous high in 07/08, PLUS consider the dollar today value less than the dollar back then (back then an ounce of Gold is like what? $800 VS around $1300-$1400 today even with the recent gold price drop)... I am starting to wonder if the house price will eventually pass the previous high in just a few year VS a typical cycle...

Definitely not Irvine specific.  A new development outside Irvine that I was interested went up in price by $45k within 1-2 months.  It appears the builder priced too aggressively and has adjusted to market.  Crazy too because the phase sold out when it was released.

One of my clients who I registered on Sunday morning on Jan. 27th got a call yesterday from the sales office about him being next up to select a lot.

USCTrojanCPA said:
One of my clients who I registered on Sunday morning on Jan. 27th got a call yesterday from the sales office about him being next up to select a lot.

They just call you up out of the blue 5 months after signing up?

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

They just call you up out of the blue 5 months after signing up?
Not me, they called my buyer.

Latest Base Price,

Plan 1 : $548K

Plan 2 : $589k

Plan 3 : $622K
[/quote]

Are these the base prices or do they include pre-selected upgrades?
[/quote]

This is the base price (Now , for Cambria, base price includes backyard landscaping).

Preplanned upgrades will be extra (Ranges from 9000 to 16000) + Lot premiums.

eyephone said:
OCgirl said:
When do they typically charge lot premiums?

Depending on the location of the lot.

I guess any house not next to Irvine Blvd could be subject to location or lot premium. While I wonder, or I should say IP can always charge for more premium as they see fit, like next to a park or whatever.

borca said:
eyephone said:
OCgirl said:

I guess any house not next to Irvine Blvd could be subject to location or lot premium. While I wonder, or I should say IP can always charge for more premium as they see fit, like next to a park or whatever.

Yeah - you are correct. They are delivering the same exact product which is a house or a condo and charge extra for the "ideal/good location."

borca said:
eyephone said:
OCgirl said:

Even those houses(which are backing to irvine Blvd) were sold with Location Premium. They offered me one and i said No, those lots were sold immediately.

LiefinIrvine said:
borca said:
eyephone said:
OCgirl said:

Even those houses(which are backing to irvine Blvd) were sold with Location Premium. They offered me one and i said No, those lots were sold immediately.
Wow that's madness! Are you still waiting for one then?

OCgirl said:
LiefinIrvine said:
borca said:
eyephone said:
OCgirl said:

Nope , I signed one up already. Now praying for mortgage rates to go down to sub 4% 8)

LiefinIrvine said:

I'm speechless. I'm trying to be logical but I honestly can't think of any "premiuminess" by being next to Irvine Blvd...

LiefinIrvine said:
OCgirl said:
LiefinIrvine said:
borca said:
eyephone said:
OCgirl said:

Nope , I signed one up already. Now praying for mortgage rates to go down to sub 4% 8)

Which plan did you get? We are going to be neighbors!

Back