Bull run in housing over???

Went to Delano and did the garage test noise in Plan 1, which sit above 3 car garages. I can hear it and I can feel the garage vibration going up and down. I am not kidding.

This is truly a sucker purchased.

Compressed-Village said:
Went to Delano and did the garage test noise in Plan 1, which sit above 3 car garages. I can hear it and I can feel the garage vibration going up and down. I am not kidding.

That's weird. I didn't when I tried myself. When did you try? Maybe they made improvement after you did the test?

Man this he said/he said/he said thread has been rough to follow. Maybe someone who actually lives in a Delano plan 1 can chime in. Someone post this question on wechat please!

bones said:
Man this he said/he said/he said thread has been rough to follow. Maybe someone who actually lives in a Delano plan 1 can chime in. Someone post this question on wechat please!

That's a good idea. Hopefully someone lives there or any home similar. Maybe BTB? lol

momopi already said he didn't have noise/heat issues. I remember aquabliss who once lived in Treo said there was no noise issue either although he did say his home was hot, but I personally think that was because of the direction the home was facing.

Anyone else?

Mety said:
bones said:

That's a good idea. Hopefully someone lives there or any home similar. Maybe BTB? lol

momopi already said he didn't have noise/heat issues. I remember aquabliss who once lived in Treo said there was no noise issue either although he did say his home was hot, but I personally think that was because of the direction the home was facing.

Anyone else?

You may want to re-read what Ronnie said about noise at Treo.

aquabliss said:
Mety said:
Selling it to the next buyer would be a lot easier with EW homes than GP homes is what BTB is talking about.

BTW, what's so bad about attached homes? Please share if you got any bad experiences.
My first condo had 2+ attached walls. I could hear the next neighbor talking and even hear his phone vibration. Not to mention I could hear every time he slammed the door. I could also hear his personal experiences with his gf at night. But it was an old condo and I don't know if newer condos will have the same issues with thin walls between you and your neighbor.
Anyways I decided I would buy the detached home next and I did, and never looked back.

Had a Woodbury condo built in 2005, sound proofing was for the most part good but our neighbors garage was under our master bedroom.  The garage doors have those hydraulic auto-close hinges and the thing slammed shut every time and literally made our bedroom shake. 

Also both my neighbor and his wife smoked but always outside by the garage or in the side courtyard, the smell and fumes went right up to our windows and seeped in.  It was almost a constant flow of smoke and we could never open the windows, even could smell it slightly when windows were closed. 

They were very nice people and we got along with them, they didn't play music loud and I couldn't hear them talking or yelling, but I couldn't take it and had to go detached as well.  I'd rather live in a detached in Tustin or LF vs. another Irvine attached... just can't predict what you will get in terms or attached neighbors.

Sorry I missed that part. But I want to ask if it was just that neighbor's garage door or all 3 garage doors were like that?
I did the test for Treo also and plan 1's garage door was pretty smooth.
But overall, sounds like he had bad experiences.
Thanks for the feedback and re-link again, bone.

I need to go check out Delano.

It?s the most miraculous attached product in the world.  Not only does it promise max ROI... but also zero noise.

It?s like the new FlexSeal/Tape/Glue!!!!

(and yes, I?ve already said multiple times I am not a fan of attached products, esp ones where you are over someone else?s garage... does the thin concrete stop mahjong tile and ping pong ball noise too?)

#zerolotreference

irvinehomeowner said:

It?s the most miraculous attached product in the world.  Not only does it promise max ROI... but also zero noise.

(and yes, I?ve already said multiple times I am not a fan of attached products, esp ones where you are over someone else?s garage... does the thin concrete stop mahjong tile and ping pong ball noise too?)

#zerolotreference

You should check it out. It's pretty nice, but it's too expensive now so maybe you will hate it.
What is mahjong? Some kinda Chinese game?
Sorry bro, I ain't Chinese. I'm a hard working American with a wife and a kid. Are you Chinese since you live in Irvine?

irvinehomeowner said:

#zerolotreference
Mahjong and ping pong? Man, dats some racist shit.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#zerolotreference
Mahjong and ping pong? Man, dats some racist shit.

I guess he likes to make entertainment out of attached homes and Chinese people.
No hard feelings man. I still respect and accept you as who you are, IHO.

I don?t care if people play cards, dominos, majong, ps4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, ping pong, B-ball...

(What?s the big deal?)  ;)

Hah... since when is ping pong racist?

I'm surprised at Happiness' response because "mahjong and ping pong" is sort of a TI meme started by the garage epoxy threads where people want to make the garage look nice to entertain people (whereas I just park my cars in it).

I think it originated with ZeroLot (who is no longer here).

Keep reaching Mety... and attached homes are not entertainment... they are bad investments if they are high priced and even worse to live in at those prices. Don't settle... live somewhere else for $1m.

In addition of ping pong and mahjong you should consider Lamborghinis.

The person we sold our Willow plan 3 came to pick up the keys in his Aventador and insisted on trying to park his car in the tandem garage. It was sooo loud when he reversed in the garage, I would have loved to hear how it sounded from the plan 2 above.

irvinehomeowner said:
Hah... since when is ping pong racist?

I'm surprised at Happiness' response because "mahjong and ping pong" is sort of a TI meme started by the garage epoxy threads where people want to make the garage look nice to entertain people (whereas I just park my cars in it).

I think it originated with ZeroLot (who is no longer here).

Keep reaching Mety... and attached homes are not entertainment... they are bad investments if they are high priced and even worse to live in at those prices. Don't settle... live somewhere else for $1m.

Okay. I actually agree with you on your last statement.
That's why our family now lives in a detached home. It's probably not as big as your house, but I'm sure we are younger and we are saving to move up some day to that 3 car garage home. Hopefully TIC makes those homes in a future.

You and CV somehow think I live in Delano, but I don't. No assets invested in that area whatsoever.
I'm just interested and curious how the market is moving and sharing gathered information and experiences.

irvinehomeowner said:
Like driveways, 3CWGs are extinct.

I think you can only get 3CLG or 3CTG.

What's next?
The yard will be extinct? Oh wait, yeah that's gone too.
No deck/patio next?

irvinehomeowner said:
Sideyards are gone too.

I predict one communal bathroom for the entire house. :)

I think GP might be building one of those.
Well, the tubs've been gone in many homes also.

Back