Bestest Newest Detachedest Home in Irvine for less than $1m?

Burn That Belly said:
Quick google search reveals......cost cutting measures by 5P.

Common Problems with Flat Roofs

• A flat roof may be more susceptible to leaking than a conventionally sloped roof. Since flat roofs are nearly parallel to the ground, they have a natural tendency to collect rainwater and runoff.
  • Many flat roofs are sealed with an asphalt membrane, which is designed to protect the roof from UV radiation and water damage. Over time, and as your building shifts and settles on its foundation, the asphalt membrane on top of your flat roof may begin to buckle.
  • Another common problem with flat roofs is that they are more likely to develop standing pools of water. Your flat roof may be most likely to develop pooling water after a heavy rainstorm. If these pools of water are left to sit for too long, they can damage your roofing materials and create leaks

Why are flat roofs popular?
Flat roofs are economical to construct. They reduce the volume of the building thus reducing energy costs

What maintenance is required?
Regular maintenance of flat roofs is still required, as they are less forgiving than steeply sloped roofs. The most common problems are that rainwater outlets become blocked with leaves and other windblown debris.

Water pooling on a flat roof as a result of a blocked outlet
Roof-pooling-water-225x300.jpg

Cadence Park?  #NotWorthIt!

No need to worry about TCE or landfill at all because the roof is about to collapse!

This nothing bro. Go to the Elllwood thread. There?s a homeowner complaining about the leaky roof and stuff. Also, I brought up to the top designer guy that goes on TI. We debate about flat roofs and the traditional housing roofs. (Look at my previous posts, I?m too lazy to look it up.)

My original house was a fully flat roof. WHAT A HEADACHE. On top of the leak issue, there was no attic space to run ducting for air condition. I had to construct a pitched roof ($20k+) if I wanted to get AC. I just bought portable room units before I sold that place.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
This nothing bro. Go to the Elllwood thread. There?s a homeowner complaining about the leaky roof and stuff. Also, I brought up to the top designer guy that goes on TI. We debate about flat roofs and the traditional housing roofs. (Look at my previous posts, I?m too lazy to look it up.)

I'm too lazy too. Find it for me. Based on what I google, there's nothing great of having a flat roof for residential. There are too many cons, liability, and maintenance. However, the builder saves money though.
I remember that thread. The poor owner of a house in Beacon Park that he just moved into already had massive amounts of toxic mold growing inside of his walls!  Terrifying. Imagine what all of those flat roof homes will be like in five years,

Of course they don't care about humanity.
All they care about is money, looking for the best appreciation right out of your pocket fastest way possible.

Personally, I don?t like the box design or the flat roofs but unless BTB is an architect, there are ways to design homes with flat looking roofs that don?t hold water and drain properly.

I think IHS posted about this when these designs first popped up in GP.

Or should I use the BTB argument?

?How would you know if you don?t have a flat roof??

It?s just the latest in his list of reasons of why Delano is better, yet couldn?t even argue against Stonegate when someone brought it up.

Anyways, Delano is attached so doesn?t belong in this thread. :)

You spewing some false accusation here. 5Points is the Master builder, they sold lots and raw land to home builders. Home builders then take the lot, pour the concrete and build the homes. The responsibly of a faulty build is the responsibility of the home builder, in this case it was Richmond America.

Get your facts straight. YF

Burn That Belly said:
Cares said:
My original house was a fully flat roof. WHAT A HEADACHE. On top of the leak issue, there was no attic space to run ducting for air condition. I had to construct a pitched roof ($20k+) if I wanted to get AC. I just bought portable room units before I sold that place.

You can't put the evaporator/blower in the closet? Where do they put the evaporator/blower in these flat roof boxed GP homes?

Well that home was old and constructed before ACs were common. These new homes are built with AC in mind so there was space already set aside for them.

Compressed-Village said:
You spewing some false accusation here. 5Points is the Master builder, they sold lots and raw land to home builders. Home builders then take the lot, pour the concrete and build the homes. The responsibly of a faulty build is the responsibility of the home builder, in this case it was Richmond America.

Richmond America is a public company. It?s a company under  M.D.C. Holdings Inc. Ticker symbol: MDC

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:

Richmond America is a public company. It?s a company under  M.D.C. Holdings Inc. Ticker symbol: MDC

Right, and they have plenty of faulty with new builds. Ask any new homeowners, and I mean any new homeowners that they don't have any issues with their new house. I would be surprise if you can find 1 that will agree to that.

Perhaps there are some, those are the FCB that bought but don't live in them. Or only live in them a a couple of weeks out of the year. Then they later flip it to you. Plenty of those in Eastwood.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:

I'm assuming you're quoting compressed-village given the blank spaces. I've censored his posts. That man still thinks I read his comments. Not worth a penny of my time.

When I see stupid and false comments, I should have just ignore it.

Back