Bestest Newest Detachedest Home in Irvine for less than $1m?

Cadence Park Deco, Bellerose plan: 1,916sqf for $882K. DETACHED, garage and living all on same floor. bedrooms all on same floor.

Eastwood Delano Plan 2: 1,714sqf for $956K. ATTACHED

The Cadence Park Deco MR is about $2,600 higher than Delano, but the Delano HOA is $125/mo or $1,800 higher per year.

So, you are looking at only $67/month of higher MR+HOA to live in Cadence Park Deco vs. Delano. HOWEVER, that is all washed out by the $800/year higher base property tax at Delano (the extra 1.1% base tax on the $74k higher purchase price of Delano). 

Net/Net: There is almost no adjustment needed on total monthly cost when you factor in Base Tax + MR + HOA between Delano vs. Deco. Deco gives you Detached plus 200 extra square feet for $74k less.

btb, we know you don't like GP, but what is so great about Eastwood to pay $74k extra for Attached and 200sqf smaller in a high density, homogenous village next to trailer homes?

btb, if you decide to reincarnate again, i suggest screenname sarahsanders

can't keep up with the misinformation

Jantoven said:
AW said:
Dunno about that. Not everyone thinks that way. They may rather be living on what?s showcased in all the brochures, have good neighbors, walk kids along to school together, see one another at the parks, instead of absent/non existent/vacant/investor ones.  Appreciation of course would be nice, but may not be the most important.  I?d say as long as they can afford it, quality of life trumps appreciation. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I agree, especially if you are buying a home you intend to live in for 10-20 years.  Of course appreciation is a factor, but it's likely not the most important one.  Quality of life, how it fits your needs, etc are all probably more important.

If you are buying a starter home with the intent of moving up in 5 years, then perhaps appreciation potential becomes the primary factor instead.

Just curious, any folks here in Irvine lived in the same home for 20 years? Even 10 years?

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
GP is the only place you can get cheap 3 bedroom detached for under a $1m easily and it comes with no drain pipes, requiring constant mold remediation and treatment, which should guarantee a HOA litigation within the 10-year mark, not to mention the fraudulent amount of MR one needs to pay into the coffers of the GP org.

Again, using your strategy, you don't worry about it 10 years down the road because you have sold it to the next buyer.

You act like attached products don't have their own share of issues and litigation... what are the HOA fees at Delano by the way? If I recall correctly, attached products have high HOAs because of the liability.

You have Eastwood colored glasses on... #fakedrainpipenews.

You can't always bet or assume that you're buying it to dump it to the next buyer. Nobody has a magic crystal to time the market right.

For the most part you need to bet on the fact that you may have to hold it longer or you might end up liking and staying longer. Buying in GP is a short term play (under 10 years) before the HOA litigation kicks in. Even then, after all the MR/HOA fees, how much profit does one stand to make? 

The "Argument" of saying GP has so many wonderful amenities therefore, we should buy there is a joke. As I said before, even a tourist can waltz right into GP and enjoy it's wonderful amenities and piss in their fountains without paying a dime. What say you about that? 

Now, build a Great Wall 15 feet high as a gated community surrounding GP then we're talking..

Talk about circular logic.

Back on the Delano thread, I asked you to BTBFactVomit the pros/cons of attached housing and your response was that it didn't matter because you would sell it the next person.

Burn That Belly said:
Nobody cares about problems. They only care about appreciation. When there are problems, you just dump the home to the next sucker. The game repeats.

Now you are saying that you can't "just dump the home on the next sucker"... so which one is it?

Let me clarify again.

The "it doesn't matter" applies only to desirable TIC neighborhoods. It does not apply to a Volkswagen due to dieselgate drama.

How do you put a bike into reverse?

#backpedal

I'm just saying that if you're going to keep pointing out design/structure issues with GP products, you shouldn't live in a glass Delano.

Attached homes have more issues than detached ones, and that's not just structural, as several posters have pointed out here, you have neighbor noise to deal with, etc etc.

Also, is insurance more or less for attached homes vs detached? I don't know as I've never bought an attached product.

i1 said:
Cadence Park Deco, Bellerose plan: 1,916sqf for $882K. DETACHED, garage and living all on same floor. bedrooms all on same floor.

The Cadence Park Deco MR is about $2,600 higher than Delano, but the Delano HOA is $125/mo or $1,800 higher per year.

So, you are looking at only $67/month of higher MR+HOA to live in Cadence Park Deco vs. Delano. HOWEVER, that is all washed out by the $800/year higher base property tax at Delano (the extra 1.1% base tax on the $74k higher purchase price of Delano). 

Net/Net: There is almost no adjustment needed on total monthly cost when you factor in Base Tax + MR + HOA between Delano vs. Deco. Deco gives you Detached plus 200 extra square feet for $74k less.

btb, we know you don't like GP, but what is so great about Eastwood to pay $74k extra for Attached and 200sqf smaller in a high density, homogenous village next to trailer homes?

Dang, did BTB just get out data'd?

I hope BTB has a better response than just:

Burn That Belly said:
i1

Just go buy a Deco and enjoy it.

#TeamDecoVSTeamDelano

irvinehomeowner said:
i1 said:

Dang, did BTB just get out data'd?

I hope BTB has a better response than just:

Burn That Belly said:
i1

Just go buy a Deco and enjoy it.

#TeamDecoVSTeamDelano

You missed BTB's response with the whole rain gutter issues.

BTB is just mad because inside he knows attached is inferior to detached.

You can't call Delano a BMW... it's more like a tandem bicycle than a car, because you have to share it with someone else.

Is that why you know your FCBs neighbors are not there? Because you can't hear them through the walls? :)

And my apologies to Delano owners, if it suits you then good for you... but it's not a superior product just because it has drain pipes and people are overpaying for it.

Available soon from the low $900s, fully detached starter homes.

news_cardboardcity_jessekummer_img_1708.jpg

Burn That Belly said:
Water pooling on a flat roof as a result of a blocked outlet
Roof-pooling-water-225x300.jpg

you must not be in sales...this looks like a "feature" to me.  one man's leaky roof is another's swimming pool  :)

Back