Bestest Newest Detachedest Home in Irvine for less than $1m?

I still think that Silverleaf at PS is a good deal for a detached condo.  CalPac is recycling the floorplans for one of their new developments also, Montara.

Saves $100k+ over Trellis Court/Talise.

Prototype said:
I still think that Silverleaf at PS is a good deal for a detached condo.  CalPac is recycling the floorplans for one of their new developments also, Montara.

Saves $100k+ over Trellis Court/Talise.

As a previous Silverleaf owner I'd agree if you only need 3 bedrooms - the plan 3 really felt bigger than the quoted 1839 sq ft and wasted zero space.  If I could do it all over again though, I probably would have ponied up for Trellis for the 4th bedroom and the ~2K annual difference in MR. 

Burn That Belly said:
No love for Delano 4 bedroom?  (jk)

For Short Term Price Appreciation-est Home - yea I'd have to give the nod to Delano.  Agree that the 4th bedroom probably helps a lot of people ignore the attached issue.  If you need 4 BR the list is substantially shorter.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Las Ventanas Plan 1 and 2 will trade or or under $1m today, best part is that you get a detached SFR with one HOA.  Alas, there are hasn't been one to hit the market since I sold a Plan 2 at the end of last year...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/33-Los-Indios-92618/home/45377998

Good point. Close to the toll road but at least these are proper SFRs on neighborhood streets, not courtyard, motorcourts or alleys. And these are streets with berms so your driveways are actually longer than normal.

We we were so close to buying a Plan 3 when these first opened in 2011... you can't find this type of SFR for $700k anymore... so at just under $1m, probably still a better deal than attached.

i1 said:
I think this is the cheapest in the 700s. https://www.khov.com/find-new-homes/california/irvine/92618/k-hovnanian-homes/deco-at-cadence-park

I visited and didn?t love the floorplans but it?s good value. I use about $16-17k extra on a mortgage = $1k MR.

Also, GP MR can be paid off for around $18-19k per $1k reduction in MR.

These were interesting. I prefer the floorplans with the living space on the 1st floor and the third floor being the bonus and deck. I don't like the box style but space-wise I would rather spend $900k+ on this than an attached townhome.

#TakeThatBTB

Burn That Belly said:
GP is the only place you can get cheap 3 bedroom detached for under a $1m easily and it comes with no drain pipes, requiring constant mold remediation and treatment, which should guarantee a HOA litigation within the 10-year mark, not to mention the fraudulent amount of MR one needs to pay into the coffers of the GP org.

I will take the Hyundai instead. They come with industry-leading 10-year 100K mile powertrain warranty.

or baker ranch

Burn That Belly said:
GP is the only place you can get cheap 3 bedroom detached for under a $1m easily and it comes with no drain pipes, requiring constant mold remediation and treatment, which should guarantee a HOA litigation within the 10-year mark, not to mention the fraudulent amount of MR one needs to pay into the coffers of the GP org.

I will take the Hyundai instead. They come with industry-leading 10-year 100K mile powertrain warranty.

Like someone said earlier, the new Montara in Portola Springs is a 3 bedroom detached for under $1 million. Although, in my opinion if you're going for detached you really should be aiming for 4 bedrooms.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:

or baker ranch

The only way for GP to convince me that it is a great community and philanthropic humane organization is if they offer to WIPE out any all all MR for all future home buyers. Then...and only then... would I be very impressed. 5P has deep pockets to make that happen. The reason why I say that is because 5P is commercializing the area. Amphitheater, base camp food hall, water park... they could just use that revenue stream to fund the GP org.

But there is MR in GP. Therefore I think Baker Ranch is a better buy.

Burn That Belly said:

Again, using your strategy, you don't worry about it 10 years down the road because you have sold it to the next buyer.

You act like attached products don't have their own share of issues and litigation... what are the HOA fees at Delano by the way? If I recall correctly, attached products have high HOAs because of the liability.

You have Eastwood colored glasses on... #fakedrainpipenews.

irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:

Again, using your strategy, you don't worry about it 10 years down the road because you have sold it to the next buyer.

You act like attached products don't have their own share of issues and litigation... what are the HOA fees at Delano by the way? If I recall correctly, attached products have high HOAs because of the liability.

Selling it to the next buyer would be a lot easier with EW homes than GP homes is what BTB is talking about.

BTW, what's so bad about attached homes? Please share if you got any bad experiences.
My first condo had 2+ attached walls. I could hear the next neighbor talking and even hear his phone vibration. Not to mention I could hear every time he slammed the door. I could also hear his personal experiences with his gf at night. But it was an old condo and I don't know if newer condos will have the same issues with thin walls between you and your neighbor.
Anyways I decided I would buy the detached home next and I did, and never looked back.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:

Selling it to the next buyer would be a lot easier with EW homes than GP homes is what BTB is talking about.

BTW, what's so bad about attached homes? Please share if you got any bad experiences.
My first condo had 2+ attached walls. I could hear the next neighbor talking and even hear his phone vibration. Not to mention I could hear every time he slammed the door. I could also hear his personal experiences with his gf at night. But it was an old condo and I don't know if newer condos will have the same issues with thin walls between you and your neighbor.
Anyways I decided I would buy the detached home next and I did, and never looked back.

Had a Woodbury condo built in 2005, sound proofing was for the most part good but our neighbors garage was under our master bedroom.  The garage doors have those hydraulic auto-close hinges and the thing slammed shut every time and literally made our bedroom shake. 

Also both my neighbor and his wife smoked but always outside by the garage or in the side courtyard, the smell and fumes went right up to our windows and seeped in.  It was almost a constant flow of smoke and we could never open the windows, even could smell it slightly when windows were closed. 

They were very nice people and we got along with them, they didn't play music loud and I couldn't hear them talking or yelling, but I couldn't take it and had to go detached as well.  I'd rather live in a detached in Tustin or LF vs. another Irvine attached... just can't predict what you will get in terms or attached neighbors.

Back