Beacon Park

Mostly entry roads, guard gates and some runways.

Plume looks like it starts at the south end of Beacon.

Maybe the hottest weekend of the year, probably hit close to 98 degrees around 1-2pm.  Bring sunblock, leave elderly and small kids at home, the golf carts are bumpy.

Cheezy, but a valiant effort.

2extwdw.jpg

Stop ignoring me Ronnie. I've been calling your name for the last 10 mins. Probably too busy chowing down on chix and waffles.

What are the logistics of opening day?  Park and then golf cart to homes?  If so bring a 'seat cover', those vinyl golf cart seats get hot, especially the rear facing ones. 

ps9 said:
What are the logistics of opening day?  Park and then golf cart to homes?  If so bring a 'seat cover', those vinyl golf cart seats get hot, especially the rear facing ones. 

You park and hop on the shuttle bus. Cold water handed to you as you exit. If you are VIP, you park in VIP section and take a golf cart over. Tons of staff. Tons of random food spots (pretzels, cookies, etc). They have this "beacon" thing that you scan for any floorplan that you like in the actual model. Actually helpful if you are seriously new home shopping bc things start to blur together so you can review the ones u liked when you get home or on your phone. We were there when it was empty so hard to say what it will be like when it opens at 10am. Even if you are not in the market for a new home, you should swing by and check out the park and common areas. Very fresh and refreshing to see something other than the usual TIC stuff. I'm sure people will complain about how it's not practical, blah blah blah but I liked it!  Happy BP opening everyone!

Potential 90 to 100 degrees, plus the crowd makes it a no go.

Plus parking/traffic/fcbs (f#bs)/waiting to get food (possibility)

I want to relax and chill.

Sorry I am signing autographs in Vancouver today. Base on my strategy Ellwood will be the most clever product based on its price range. Due to many of you with analytical mind it offers the most and largest bedrooms with minimal circulation. 1/3 have a 2 full car driveway. I studied all of you well enough and how petty you guys are this should deliver most of your likings.

Happiness said:
I wonder if IHS will be at the grand opening signing autographs.  I'm going for the free breakfast.  I already got the orange paint for my bike.

Grand opening was pretty good.  Not that busy.  5P was well prepared with a cadre of pedicabs, golf carts, and buses but maybe the heat is keeping the crowds away.  Free breakfast was a nice perk.  Funny thing was that they were serving chicken & waffles but no Tyrone Biggums in sight.  I thought the most impressive models were Silvermist... all had high ceilings and felt very grand.  The single story however looked like a mosque.  They are clearly targeting Muslim buyers as even the books were by Arab authors.

Torrey was just ok.  Large staircases ate up a lot of the square footage but the backyards were huge and one model even had 2 pools.

Disappointed Legend wasn't even open yet.

Stopped by the notorious Ellwood in honor of IHS.  3rd story deck did indeed have very nice views and you can see the ocean (as well as the dump, which also looks quite impressive up close).  The Persians will love the deck for entertaining but I feel bad for the neighboring homes who will be kept up at night with raucous hookah parties.

Aside from breakfast, they had lemonade, popsicles, pretzels, cookies, pies, and an Australian coffee bar staffed by a real Aussie serving flat whites.  Also lots of swag... baseball caps (adult & kids sizes), tote bags, key chains, etc.

The pool was disappointly small and lacked a kiddie pool.  The park is better than PP but overall the Greenwood amenities are much more impressive.

aquabliss said:
Cheezy, but a valiant effort.

where do you pick one of these up anyways? at the breakfast event at PP's terrace? if so we missed that.

bumped into Emile in one of the Lennar model when he overhead me telling wife (in Chinese) that he's Five Point's CEO (can't tell if he understands a bit of Chinese or overheard the "Five Point" keyword)

asked us where our PP VIP pass was to which I shrugged. nice guy, though.

WTTCHMN said:
Aside from breakfast, they had lemonade, popsicles, pretzels, cookies, pies, and an Australian coffee bar staffed by a real Aussie serving flat whites.  Also lots of swag... baseball caps (adult & kids sizes), tote bags, key chains, etc.

saw the lemonade stand on the way in via the shuttle but beyond the dry pretzels, did not spot cookies/pies/coffee bar. where was that anyways?

bones said:
You park and hop on the shuttle bus. Cold water handed to you as you exit. If you are VIP, you park in VIP section and take a golf cart over. Tons of staff. Tons of random food spots (pretzels, cookies, etc).

oh damn. that would have been nice vs waiting for the shuttle (though it was fast and wasnt too bad). where do we grab the PP VIP pass? is it still available at the terrace?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sorry I am signing autographs in Vancouver today. Base on my strategy Ellwood will be the most clever product based on its price range. Due to many of you with analytical mind it offers the most and largest bedrooms with minimal circulation. 1/3 have a 2 full car driveway. I studied all of you well enough and how petty you guys are this should deliver most of your likings.

Happiness said:
I wonder if IHS will be at the grand opening signing autographs.  I'm going for the free breakfast.  I already got the orange paint for my bike.
Then why haven't you build me a single story home with a 4-car garage? 

Back