Beacon Park

Just talked to some potential folks looking to buy, first question they asked was about school district, and only interested in iusd, that's just the way it is, BP has the advantage

iacrenter said:
wrigley said:
That didn't take long. Don't worry your strada home is fine ( unless you bought tusd  ;D ) More home choices are good for everyone. I just don't like how TIC has convinced everyone that super small lots are normal for 1 mil+. "But you're walking distance to a nice park!"  Pssh.

I love how 5P convinced people that buying a home on a superfund site is a bargain.

They did?  They must be doing a piss poor job because everyone on this site is saying BP is anything but a bargain.

bones said:
iacrenter said:
wrigley said:
That didn't take long. Don't worry your strada home is fine ( unless you bought tusd  ;D ) More home choices are good for everyone. I just don't like how TIC has convinced everyone that super small lots are normal for 1 mil+. "But you're walking distance to a nice park!"  Pssh.

I love how 5P convinced people that buying a home on a superfund site is a bargain.

They did?  They must be doing a piss poor job because everyone on this site is saying BP is anything but a bargain.

Tell that to the sheeple at the BP grand opening.

Just checked out BP today. Still grand opening, had free food, crafts for the kids and we all got the green baseball caps to help block out the sun. I was expecting a lot of people like greenwood, but not so much. At least it wasn't a mad house like the OH opening. First impression, got a very family friendly vibe. It has a young family type of feel. Perhaps it's due to the large range of products. Most of the homes didn't have any special layout that you couldn't find in other Irvine villages with one exception, Amber at Silvermist. That one story home was by far the best in my opinion. On the website it seems like a bargain at $1.050, but when I asked for price sheet, sales rep said it won't be avail till later phases at $1.4M to $1.5M.  :-[ other than the impressive lot sizes avail, the prices and mello/prop taxes are priced accordingly (current market pace) no bargain but not outrageous.

That 1 story monster, 12 ft ceiling almost felt like 18 ft, felt like Alice in wonderland. 
Was thinking how much effort needed to replace recessed lighting bulbs. Didn't see where the smoke detectors were, but if it's up there, going to take some effort. 

i1 said:
Perspective said:
Discount Orchard Hills to Beacon Park? This doesn't sound genuine nor reasonable. You don't just buy a house. You buy the neighborhood. So even if your house has no view in Orchard Hills, you VIEW the neighborhood every moment you leave and re-enter it. That might not be worth much to some people, but it's worth something to many, and a lot to some. Discount? No.
OH is a nice hood. It is cookie cutter like other TIC villages but still looks nice.  It is branded well since TIC told us 10 years ago it was supposed to be like the turtles of north irvine. But I don't like the location (too far out) and the amenities are just ok. You are buying a hood, and worst part is the weird tusd/iusd split. Part of a hood is kids being able to make friends with neighbors and going to different schools makes it harder to develop a strong community feel.

So unless I'm getting a view from my home, I would discount OH a few % to BP.

The school district split is silly, and it sucks that friends might attend different schools. But what exactly do you mean by "too far out"? From what? It's on Culver. Beacon Park is east of Sand Canyon!

Better location is really dependent on the buyer.
Many years back, OH would've been perfect for us, now, BP would serve us better. 
Shady canyon would be even better, but they won't let us in :(

i1 said:
Perspective said:
i1 said:
Perspective said:
Discount Orchard Hills to Beacon Park? This doesn't sound genuine nor reasonable. You don't just buy a house. You buy the neighborhood. So even if your house has no view in Orchard Hills, you VIEW the neighborhood every moment you leave and re-enter it. That might not be worth much to some people, but it's worth something to many, and a lot to some. Discount? No.
OH is a nice hood. It is cookie cutter like other TIC villages but still looks nice.  It is branded well since TIC told us 10 years ago it was supposed to be like the turtles of north irvine. But I don't like the location (too far out) and the amenities are just ok. You are buying a hood, and worst part is the weird tusd/iusd split. Part of a hood is kids being able to make friends with neighbors and going to different schools makes it harder to develop a strong community feel.

The school district split is silly, and it sucks that friends might attend different schools. But what exactly do you mean by "too far out"? From what? It's on Culver. Beacon Park is east of Sand Canyon!
BP has better access to Spectrum Center, 5 fwy, metro station and future GP amenities. I prioritize that over the stuff OH is near and suspect many others would as well.

Spectrum is kind of pricey place to shop and eat. Do you go there everyday to eat?

Perspective said:
i1 said:
Perspective said:

OH is sitting at the end of culver, and there is almost nothing out there. Besides, there are few bigger things are east of sand canyon, hospital, spectrum, great park, schools.

Judging from the maps visually more than 60% of the area is dedicated to non residential use. This means the quality of life at the Greatpark will extend beyond the current typical Irvine standard of just pocket parks and strip mall retails.

I believe for the uninformed buyer, BP will present 3 obstacles:

1).  High Mello
2).  (ex)Superfund site
3).  Cemetery disclosure

All 3 can be debated and defended, but to the folks left out of the know, will it be a TKO for their decision to buy?  PP also faced the same hurdles but had the best counter:  lower pricing. 

Will the K-8 school and unique elevations of the community be enough for people to buy? 

Back