Beacon Park

bones said:
aquabliss said:
Bullsback said:
bones said:
aquabliss said:
No, Springhouse in PP all have driveways but some are classified as detached condos (though none on motorcourt).

You're probably talking about Birch Trail.  Those have a mix of motorcourt + driveway homes.

Aren't those springhouses backing portola next to the dog grass area in a motorcourt?  A couple of 4 packs are there?  They do have full driveways but in motorcourt setup
Yep, those are springhouses. 

Ya sorry guys my bad... I always though those were birch trail units along the perimeter.

Why these owners would not  pay the 30k premium (or thereabouts) to get the house on  the street is beyond me.  It's really a night and day difference in spacing, privacy, and resale.

Some on the motorcourts have nice size yard. Mostly usable too IIRC.  And then there's a thing called budgets. Already stretching to get a motorcourt. Can't stretch more to get driveway.
Yeah, some have 40+ foot setbacks.  Really nice yards.  It was why I was quietly looking at Welton...thought it was going to be a nice value proposition (lose out on the full SFR, but get a nice yard and a bit bigger home then Springhouse (which wasn't quite big enough for my needs...scratch that...wants). 

Asians and Caucasians age differently.  In the ad, the Caucasian man is actually about 30 and his Asian wife is 45. 

The California Court Company said:
also old money  + new money. I mean literally you have a 40/50 something Caucasian  and his much younger Asian wife

Irvine Fanatic said:
ps9 said:
What do you guys think of the new revamped www.greatparkneighborhoods.com ?

There's a video that auto plays if you're on a laptop/non handheld.

Kinda miss the old site where the homes are in the little squares.

Looks like it's appealing to the white/asian consumer. Like how they threw an interracial couple  ;D
(Irvine isn't all asians. Its half/half)

aquabliss said:
Why these owners would not  pay the 30k premium (or thereabouts) to get the house on  the street is beyond me.  It's really a night and day difference in spacing, privacy, and resale.

Could also be a phase issue too. The premium lots with driveways are usually gone during 1st phase (Ellwood's sold out fast). For birch trail it was 1st and last 2 phase (or thereabouts).

If you can't wait 6 months until then you're kind of out of luck. But yes I agree, we get a hefty amount of space difference between the units, particularly from our wacky side yard.

ps9 said:
What do you guys think of the new revamped www.greatparkneighborhoods.com ?

There's a video that auto plays if you're on a laptop/non handheld.

Kinda miss the old site where the homes are in the little squares.

new site is nice with lots of modern must (responsive design, clean cut layout, etc.)

but auto play videos vs. show casing the product is meh decision in my opinion. you gotta scroll down and click the "FIND HOME" button to be able to see the products. I can almost bet they'll change this up a bit later after launch when people are unfamiliar with the product.

Ronnie, your permanent fence just got taller in one area:

zo70rb.jpg

WTTCHMN said:
The California Court Company said:
also old money  + new money. I mean literally you have a 40/50 something Caucasian  and his much younger Asian wife

Nah, they just used Ronnie & family.  Even got his MIL in there.  ;)

But Ronnie had a Japanese last name... so confusing.

Perspective said:
I prefer the style of the bridges along the Jefferey Trail.

The ones that I keep thinking they're going to finish but everyone tells me they are already finished?  Awesome.

aquabliss said:
It's a picture of the bridge...

Looks better than the rusty TIC bridges.

2h81p2h.jpg

Well to be fair, the rusty bridges would fit better with the "rustic" landscape of PP/GP.  The picture of the one they are planning looks for like the Verrazano-Narrows.

I went to the meet the neighbors event this afternoon from 4-6pm...wasn't crowded at all, it was mostly GP employees and the hired caterers, we didn't stay long since it was hot out...they had Jeni's there!  Their ice cream was a life saver in the heat. 

akkord said:
I went to the meet the neighbors event this afternoon from 4-6pm...wasn't crowded at all, it was mostly GP employees and the hired caterers, we didn't stay long since it was hot out...they had Jeni's there!  Their ice cream was a life saver in the heat.

I did sneak in as well.
Very nice setup, but the flies ruined it. Nobody dare to touch the food witch almost covered with flies.

oceanmonkey said:
akkord said:

I did sneak in as well.
Very nice setup, but the flies ruined it. Nobody dare to touch the food witch almost covered with flies.

Sounds like fun. (Coughs)

oceanmonkey said:
akkord said:

I did sneak in as well.

I still don't know why they picked a friday for this event, most people still at work/happy hour/tired go home etc.  Last Sunday would've been perfect.

This probably has already been answered but what part of the base is BP on? We know that PP was built on the land that was being used for agriculture, was the land use for the BP area the same?

Someone test me up here.

Back