Beacon Park

Here's the fence at the entry.  It's a bit concerning.  I'm assuming they will stain it but still, looks a bit like a new home tract in the Inland Empire or something.

21y6tf.jpg

149owo9.jpg

Ya I seriously don't know how they are going to pull this off.  Someone  is bound to be fired for this one before they tear it down.

At first when I saw them put it up, I thought it might be temporary during construction but this thing is here to stay.  Not liking it so far.

U really think someone will be fired for this?  I don't think it looks that bad. Plus there will be landscaping/greenery around it. Maybe let's wait to judge the final product?  But hey, if this is the worst irvine has to face, then I guess we are pretty lucky.

Probably not... GP designers will pat themselves on the back for this no matter how hideous it looks in the end.  Just like the non-functional playground in PP.    They even held a seminar explaining why they designed it that way.  I've been to many a playground, and that one is near the bottom of my well designed playground list.  Try going there with 2 toddlers and you probably won't be back.

However I'm sure it will look better when complete.  If they stain it and cover it with greenery front and back, maybe some clever signage, it has potential but... not feeling it yet.

aquabliss said:
Probably not... GP designers will pat themselves on the back for this no matter how hideous it looks in the end.  Just like the non-functional playground in PP.    They even held a seminar explaining why they designed it that way.  I've been to many a playground, and that one is near the bottom of my well designed playground list.  Try going there with 2 toddlers and you probably won't be back.

However I'm sure it will look better when complete.  If they stain it and cover it with greenery front and back, maybe some clever signage, it has potential but... not feeling it yet.

I'll see what the finished product looks like before I judge.  I'm guessing the fence is what they want it look like as it matches the marketing. 

It can be a temporary fence, or maybe not. I've seen builders put up a temporary fence and later build a wall.

I think they should of used the white vinyl fence.

It looks low class and cheap unfinished, untreated, unpainted.  Looks like they just went to Home Depot and stuck it there.

aquabliss said:

Yea playground sucks. Your kids are toddlers for a few years. Lot size is forever (or until you sell). Plenty of other playgrounds in the surrounding area to play in. Thanks TIC!

I think there is a piece that goes on top which they still have to put on. I bet it will look normal once it's done.

bones said:
aquabliss said:

Yea playground sucks. Your kids are toddlers for a few years. Lot size is forever (or until you sell). Plenty of other playgrounds in the surrounding area to play in. Thanks TIC!

Yup the playground at PP sucks thats why a lot of the neighbors here at PP have their own swing sets in their yard

bones said:
Yo Ronnie, they are spraying it dark brown as I type. They prob read your posts this am :)

It will still look tacky. (Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s - wood fence was in)

I thought the builder standard/expectation wise, is to put vinyl fence.

bones said:
Yo Ronnie, they are spraying it dark brown as I type. They prob read your posts this am :)

Ya I drove by again at lunch and saw the staining happening.  It looks slightly better but I'm still not convinced.

aquabliss said:
bones said:

Ya I drove by again at lunch and saw the staining happening.  It looks slightly better but I'm still not convinced.

Our trash talking is being heard.. they are changing it on the fly!

man those fences look really bad.. Premium priced homes surrounded by cost cutting initiative? 

jmoney74 said:
man those fences look really bad.. Premium priced homes surrounded by cost cutting initiative? 

Are we sure the fence is permanent?  The fencing is literally right at the sidewalk. Also the side where the models are going to be, there's a black wall behind parts of the fence or at least it looks like there is.

Back