beach house - Naples

Liar Loan said:
Most of OC is in the 8-9% range for sales tax, with a couple cities over 10%, so not much of a savings.

7.775% to be exact in the OC and it adds up fast when you have a lot of spend like I do.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:
Most of OC is in the 8-9% range for sales tax, with a couple cities over 10%, so not much of a savings.

7.775% to be exact in the OC and it adds up fast when you have a lot of spend like I do.

It depends on the city.  Most are higher than that.

Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:

The ones that count (Irvine, LF, Tustin, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Anaheim, Orange) are 7.75%, so I'm good.

CalBears96 said:
Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:

The ones that count (Irvine, LF, Tustin, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Anaheim, Orange) are 7.75%, so I'm good.

Also, the mello roos burden in Irvine more than offsets any sales tax difference for most household budgets.

Of course, if you live in an area of OC with lower sales tax and no mello roos, you enjoy the best of both worlds, like I do.

Liar Loan said:
CalBears96 said:
Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:

Also, the mello roos burden in Irvine more than offsets any sales tax difference for most household budgets.

Of course, if you live in an area of OC with lower sales tax and no mello roos, you enjoy the best of both worlds, like I do.

Don' t you live in Garden Grove, with higher sales tax?

Sleepy is the one enjoying best of both worlds, living in LF.

CalBears96 said:
Liar Loan said:
CalBears96 said:
Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:

Your tax burden is going to supersize moving from Riverside.  You asked how it was a mistake to buy in Irvine, and here's another example.

The truth is morekaos has a nicer property and lifestyle with an overall lower tax burden.  I can't believe USC as a CPA didn't realize that.

Liar Loan said:
Your tax burden is going to supersize moving from Riverside.  You asked how it was a mistake to buy in Irvine, and here's another example.

The truth is morekaos has a nicer property and lifestyle with an overall lower tax burden.  I can't believe USC as a CPA didn't realize that.

What the hell are you babbling about? I like Irvine. How is that a mistake?

You lied about lower sales tax in Garbage Grove and then deflect? Typical you.

Lifestyle is SUBJECTIVE. There's no TRUTH to what you said. My wife is scared of the ocean. How does living next to it a better lifestyle?

The more you post, the less respect I have for you.

Honestly we are equidistant from Costco Los Al and Costco Signal Hill.  We do all our shopping just over the bridge in OC but still live where we live.  It works out just fine.

Liar Loan said:
CalBears96 said:
Liar Loan said:
CalBears96 said:
Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:

Ummm, the home that I'm buying in Irvine has no Mello Roos and my Tustin Ranch home which will turn into a rental with a 2.375% fixed 30-year rate has $1,200/yr in Mello Roos expiring in 2 years.  I don't want to live by the water and deal with the traffic during the summers, I like living in Irvine/Tustin Ranch for many reasons.

And here's something that your dumbass doesn't understand, LL:

The MR for both my Eastvale and Lake Elsinore homes are HIGHER than my new Irvine home. Irvine isn't the only place with MR.

CalBears96 said:

The MR for both my Eastvale and Lake Elsinore homes are HIGHER than my new Irvine home. Irvine isn't the only place with MR.

Unfortunately LL doesn't take little details like that into perspective, everything is straight black and white when live is many different shades of gray. 

Dangit, just rode through Naples last weekend on a bike ride... should have yelled "MOREKAOS!" as I was pedaling down 2nd Street.

irvinehomeowner said:
Dangit, just rode through Naples last weekend on a bike ride... should have yelled "MOREKAOS!" as I was pedaling down 2nd Street.

You ventured outside of Irvine and into LA County?  Did you get lost IHO?  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:

Unfortunately LL doesn't take little details like that into perspective, everything is straight black and white when live is many different shades of gray.

The fact remains that morekaos has a lower local tax burden than CalBears.  With these new details, he might even be paying less in tax for Naples than CalBears is paying for Riverside. 

And of course, morekaos has the ability to purchase things in OC that are no further in distance than many of you drive within Irvine city limits while shopping.

Back