Backyard Landscape Plans and Recommendations

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
I got SEVEN private messages from a dude claiming to be the asian guy I posted a review on about his company a few pages back in this thread.  They started innocently enough - inquiring about whether or not he did quote me.  Then he kept pressuring me to give him my address.  One of his last messages to me included the words: "I think I can locate you."  Ummm ok - kind of scary.  So I deleted my comments about his company.
That was really OpenSky counterstalking you.

:)

#ohnohedidunt

Opensky knows who Derek jeter is. This guy told me he didn't recognize me from my profile picture and bc of that - doesn't think he quoted my place. I was like...you mean Derek jeter? The professional baseball player?  Yea....I don't look like that....

WHAT????!!!!!  I was totally going ask you about Minka Kelly!

bones said:
I got SEVEN private messages from a dude claiming to be the asian guy I posted a review on about his company a few pages back in this thread.  They started innocently enough - inquiring about whether or not he did quote me.  Then he kept pressuring me to give him my address.  One of his last messages to me included the words: "I think I can locate you."  Ummm ok - kind of scary.  So I deleted my comments about his company.

Like woah - that's deep.

This is jo from echo family, inc.

I already sent you a message and if you don't supply proof what you posted here, you are responsible for my damages. You can say anything but you are responsible for what you said. Thanks.

So defensive for a honest review, if you provided better service you wouldn't be looking stupid defending yourself on a public forum.

jojoe1104 said:
This is jo from echo family, inc.

I already sent you a message and if you don't supply proof what you posted here, you are responsible for my damages. You can say anything but you are responsible for what you said. Thanks.

Jo,

Please stop cyberstalking forum members. Harassing people through private messaging is not the answer. Your first post on the forum makes you look like a  contractor out for a vendetta.

Why don't you post your side of the story? We can have an open public discussion about your company, customer service, and professionalism.

Welcome to TI. I never met you. So I can't give a comment regarding you or your company.

In general, people just share ideas and experiences on talk irvine.

Let me give you advice that is worth less than a penny.  ;)
There's nothing you can do about the past. But going forward, change can be made for the better. There are a lot companies (small to big) that make mistakes. But the great companies over come the mistakes and move on.

Irvinecommuter said:
We are in the same boat.  Contacted Aloha, BAC, Land Reform, and KS...we'll see what happens.

I suggest you don't use Land Reform Construction.  Ken uses his wife's license to do business which is illegal in California.  Violation of California Business and Professions Code Section 7031

Land Reform License Statushttps://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/LicenseDetail.aspx?LicNum=973721

Ken's Revoked Licensehttps://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/LicenseDetail.aspx?LicNum=521455

I was supprised to hear from my customer about ti comment about me and my company and I looked at the quote. It's groundless vicious piction. So I already sent several msgs to dealcatcher requesting about proof of any of the story he made but unfortuately he doesn't answer me back up until now.

Also I sent msgs to bones asking proof of any estimate I made. He said he can't supply. What he said was I pushed him to use same yellow stone as my other customers in neighborhood. Noway. If I did estimate for him, I never suggest like that. I show my porfolio and ask budget range and explain pro and con of each material. After that, if home owner wants to see my jobs and referals, I guide to my customer house and they can have rough ideaof what kind of material they are interested in. And I give contact info of my customers and they talk directly to them. Except few exceptions for very securative customer, most customer give pre approval for me to visit any time to show my project to my prospective customers. Even if they are not home, they allow me to show their house. After that, I propose design and price based on consultation. After price adjustment, I accompany customer to stone yards, nuseries and potteries, etc. to help them to chose what fits them most. This is most crucial point of making project successful and even if I'm so busy, I do this way instead of showing few samples. Customer satisfaction is doubled when they involved in choosing their own materials. I do service like that.
I am still susficious of bones if he is real residence to hear why he quoted me like that. So I asked him where did he lived because he said he move. What he says is not my way of doing business. 

I found another guy studio who said 'agree on most' of what dealcatcher accused of me and I noticed him easily who he is. He visited my customer (who hired me based on her friend's referal and she was happy with my service and she referred me neighbors in mendocino and other places in Irvine) house and sas my job and he liked that. So he asked me to come over his house for estimate for similar job. It was almost of end of last year. I told my customer and him that I have very tight schedule and early schedule is most problem for my company. Again I told him about my schedule when I first visited him for measurement and consultation. And he didn't contact me more than 1 month and he asked me estimate for his job as what he think of. I guided him my opinion about his project again and he asked me about my availability and I said around June. And he said he was angry about me because I told him my availabilty at the end. No way. I told him about the difficulty of scheduling with me at the first meeting. He says he didn't hear that. I don't want to fight for that with studio but I clearly told him about my availability from the beginning. I don't want to make my customer waste their precious time. And I asked him how he agree most of what dealcatcher's novel. He mentioned first 2 out of so many fictions. That's not true. I'm ready to work with my customers and my telephone and email are open at any time. Also i studied here in America and I have at least enough English ability to deliver right service to  my customers. At least rational person should not make such kind of absurd quote. I have read one quote at this site that he was asked by me about scheduling at the beginning of the telephone consultation. That's what I am doing all the time and who fits my company schedule frame, I work for them. I want to serve all the referal customers but unfortunately I can't.

The reason I was embarassing is not because of the comments were negative on me but because it's not the way I do business. I am waiting dealcatcher's response with his proof. Which customer had such kind of experience with my service!!!  If any customer had such unhappy incidents with me, just post it when and how I did that kind of misbehabiors. It's unacceptable quality control. I'm boast of myself for quality service.

Some people use anonymity of cyber space and damage to innocent person. I'm a victim now but bigger victim is ti paticipant because they can make wrong decision based on wrong comment. 

eyephone said:
Welcome to TI. I never met you. So I can't give a comment regarding you or your company.

In general, people just share ideas and experiences on talk Irvine.

Let me give you advice that is worth less than a penny.  ;)
There's nothing you can do about the past. But going forward, change can be made for the better. There are a lot companies (small to big) that make mistakes. But the great companies over come the mistakes and move on.

Hi,
Thank you for your advice. It sounds you already believe what was commented about me and my company but it's a groundless vicious fiction. As I said, I requested proof for what dealcatcher insists. Irvine is very small town. I am supprised many occasion to see how small it is. When I'm getting referrals, they mansion easily 2, 3 customers from whom they heard of me and my company. From family members, from friends, from company colleagues or multiple neighbors... I can't tell a lie. If I make mistake or wrong doings in Irvine, it will be magnified probably 10 times,  so quickly. Please let me know if you know who is dealcatcher. If my any customer is damaged or deceived by my work or material or any others things, he/she can tell their name and experience with me to help other forum members. Bad minded people just use anonymity to hurt somebody to get some benefits from their distorted fiction. I'm hiding my company because of the very case like this. I don't advertise my company. No picketing. Only some small business card for neighborhoods in new area.  Long time landscaping business in orange county, especially in Irvine, leads me more customer than what I can control now. I feel very bad to reject service to referral customer but I don't want to make customer's new home project ruined by my poor service. Everybody is really happy with their new home because it's their big accomplishment. I want to make their dream yard as nice as possible. I work for people who want to work with me and willingly to wait beacuse they know how I work. Problem for me is it's over my capacity.  Irvine people want decent work and I'm fullfiling their wish. Thank you again for your kind advice.

For the contractors coming on here to defend your company.. It's fine but the customers are unhappy for a reason. They want to remain anonymous because it's the right thing to do  in cyber space. Maybe you won't get bad reviews if you picked up the phone and took some action. When you ignore customers they tend to get upset. Not the type of business you run?  It's a bit late to come in with that after the fact.

Complete a job on time... Show up on time.  Things that a lot of contractors don't do. These type of forums help homeowners weed out the flakey ones.

jmoney74 said:
For the contractors coming on here to defend your company.. It's fine but the customers are unhappy for a reason. They want to remain anonymous because it's the right thing to do  in cyber space. Maybe you won't get bad reviews if you picked up the phone and took some action. When you ignore customers they tend to get upset. Not the type of business you run?  It's a bit late to come in with that after the fact.
Hi,
As I mensioned, if the ment is relevant one based on fact, I should fix it or apoogize bout it. But vicious people just uses ananymity and do irresponsible action to public. It damages everybody. If they are really unhappy with what I did, they can tell specific instance bacause they want to ruin me anyway or protect further victim from me. I found many jealousy contractors before who talked bad on me and my company bacause they lose bids againt me even if they offer lower price. Irvine customer don't hire contractor because It was justcheap. My customers want quality at reasonable price which I am offering. Before it was private wrong accuzes toward few people but this case is different because publicly accuze me ananimously and irresponsibly. I need to find out who do these kind of bad things which damages everybody. You can be a victim, too.

ps9 said:
Especially when the reviews come from vetted TI members
Hi,
How do you know he/she is vetted? To me, he/she is not at all vetted because I'm not such contractor as mensioned here from members you think vetted.

jmoney74 said:
Possible. You are right. I can be critisized for my mistake but I have my own business philosophy to keep. And the assersioin here is irrelevant to me and my work.

Back