Backyard Landscape Plans and Recommendations

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
Oh great - here we go again. Expect PMs, PARAGRAPHS/multiple posts.

Or lack thereof... oooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Has your buddy - messaged you lately or knock on your door? Lol

Joe Joe came by to look at my backyard.  He's on the clock. 

Yeah he just came a week ago.. his guy came to do a measurement over the weekend so I expect to hear back next week.  He's quite busy so not sure if that's translate into me getting a great deal but hey.. if he wants the TI recommendation!  ;)

jmoney74 said:
Yeah he just came a week ago.. his guy came to do a measurement over the weekend so I expect to hear back next week.  He's quite busy so not sure if that's translate into me getting a great deal but hey.. if he wants the TI recommendation!  ;)

I think a lot of landscapers are busy, since it's summer time.  People want to throw a summer party. 

I believe winter time is when it slows down. (Get the best price)

jmoney74 said:

I'm also getting a quote from Jo and will fully support him on this site.  (even if I ultimately cant' afford him, I must say he does the best looking jobs in Lambert Ranch).

esquire22 said:
jmoney74 said:

I'm also getting a quote from Jo and will fully support him on this site.  (even if I ultimately cant' afford him, I must say he does the best looking jobs in Lambert Ranch).
What's your budget?

eyephone said:
esquire22 said:
jmoney74 said:

What's your budget?

I think he might quote higher as well. I threw out a 20K number and he kind of gave me the look. Lol. All good. He showed me pictures of his jobs. Looked good. Also told me to come see his current work. Sounds trustworthy as well.

In general with contractors, get them at a price you want. Then say how about all cash. Some of them would say I can do lower price if all cash. (Just a thought)

eyephone said:
esquire22 said:
jmoney74 said:

What's your budget?

esquire22 said:
eyephone said:
esquire22 said:
jmoney74 said:

What's your budget?

That's a big budget.  Waterfalls and built in BBQs!

Irvinecommuter said:
esquire22 said:
eyephone said:
esquire22 said:
jmoney74 said:

What's your budget?

I'm having second thoughts regarding built in BBQ . (After the story I heard on TI. something like earthquake then there was a leak in the nat gas line to the BBQ under the pavers and it was only cought due to the spike in nat gas bill)

Anyone try arcbazar.com? Friend had good results on an interior project. Figure quality varies, but nice thing is you usually get multiple designs to keep.

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
esquire22 said:
eyephone said:
esquire22 said:
jmoney74 said:

What's your budget?

I'm having second thoughts regarding built in BBQ . (After the story I heard on TI. something like earthquake then there was a leak in the nat gas line to the BBQ under the pavers and it was only cought due to the spike in nat gas bill)

I don't think built in BBQs are worth it at all...unless you love BBQing and spending a lot of time outside.  It takes up a lot of space and maintanence.  Just go buy a nice grill for like $500 and save yourself the headache.

It all depends how it's done.  If you make a nice built in BBQ with a large bar and a congregating area (perhaps with TV), it can be a nice retreat and outdoor living area.

I took this pic at Baker Ranch I think, this would be a great entertaining space, and there are other examples of built in BBQ's well done at PP Melrose/Whistler/Springhouse.

Attachments

• BBQ.JPG
    BBQ.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 285
That was my earthquake story.

It depends on the install, like I said, I don't think my landscapers did a good job, but I would recommend if you can, use an external gas line install or something that's not set into concrete so you can do work on it if a leak does occur.

aquabliss said:
It all depends how it's done.  If you make a nice built in BBQ with a large bar and a congregating area (perhaps with TV), it can be a nice retreat and outdoor living area.

I took this pic at Baker Ranch I think, this would be a great entertaining space, and there are other examples of built in BBQ's well done at PP Melrose/Whistler/Springhouse.

That set up has got to cost $50K to $100K.

Back