Azalea: New Low Cost or Investment Homes for Cypress Village

A good agent is not just there to write you a rebate check. They are also an extra set of eyes during walk throughs to catch things you might miss, recommend any vendors or anything else you might need or not have thought of, and let you know if the floorpan/lot is a good buy to begin with.

eyephone said:
talkirvine said:
In a buyer's market, an experienced agent can negotiate down the price more than buyer themselves can do, so an agent is useful.

I don?t think there are discounts in the current market.

There are depending on the collection.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
A good agent is not just there to write you a rebate check. They are also an extra set of eyes during walk throughs to catch things you might miss, recommend any vendors or anything else you might need or not have thought of, and let you know if the floorpan/lot is a good buy to begin with.

eyephone said:
talkirvine said:
In a buyer's market, an experienced agent can negotiate down the price more than buyer themselves can do, so an agent is useful.

But for new construction, I'm not aware of any builders that allow you to bring outsiders like an agent along in the official walk-through. Does anyone know of a builder that allows it?

I have never had an issue with any builder to be present at any portion of the escrow of new construction.

Cares said:
I have never had an issue with any builder to be present at any portion of the escrow of new construction.

Cal Pac told me only my wife and I can be there. Also, they told me my home inspector cannot be there before or during the walk-through. I was also given the afternoon time slot, which didn't give my home inspector much time. Either I would have to sacrifice my walk-through a bit or sacrifice the time my inspector would have to finish the inspection by 5PM. Unsurprisngly, they would not reschedule me for the morning slot.

So having an agent during the walk-through is handled differently than having a home inspector during the walk-through?

CogNeuroSci said:
Cares said:
Yes 50% rebate on new construction should be a minimum! The amount time required on new construction by the agent is minimal.

My real estate agent gave us 100% of the commission.

Was that before or after taxes?

CogNeuroSci said:
Cares said:

Cal Pac told me only my wife and I can be there. Also, they told me my home inspector cannot be there before or during the walk-through. I was also given the afternoon time slot, which didn't give my home inspector much time. Either I would have to sacrifice my walk-through a bit or sacrifice the time my inspector would have to finish the inspection by 5PM. Unsurprisngly, they would not reschedule me for the morning slot.

So having an agent during the walk-through is handled differently than having a home inspector during the walk-through?

Thats their official stance. In practice they never stop you from bringing along who you want. Be it family or your agent ect ect.

test said:
CogNeuroSci said:
Cares said:
Yes 50% rebate on new construction should be a minimum! The amount time required on new construction by the agent is minimal.

My initial post was kind of kidding, because my real estate agent is also my wife! She has a real estate license, although that's not what she does for a living.

And yes, a portion was taken off before we received the rest.

I heard that buyers will need to bid on Azalea??!!  has anyone heard that too?  that's so crazy. what price do you think it will climb to?  any thoughts?

ryan3398 said:
I heard that buyers will need to bid on Azalea??!!  has anyone heard that too?  that's so crazy. what price do you think it will climb to?  any thoughts?

If they have buyers bid, probably into the $700s

ryan3398 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Lennar is doing this for some communities. If I was a new home builder that's what I would do to maximize revenue.

Cares said:
ryan3398 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Lennar is doing this for some communities. If I was a new home builder that's what I would do to maximize revenue.

Yup, builders outside of CA are doing just that.  Lots are selling for $50-100k+ the starting price from what I've heard in Las Vegas and Texas.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:
ryan3398 said:

Yup, builders outside of CA are doing just that.  Lots are selling for $50-100k+ the starting price from what I've heard in Las Vegas and Texas.

My friend just came back from Texas he said builders are now cancelling contracts and asking buyers to re-sign at $50k+ higher base price.  Sounds crazy but if the buyer decides to opt out the builder will just resell their spot at the new price to the next guy on the waitlist.

Seems that buried in the contract verbiage is the right for the builder to cancel the contract on the buyer before close for any reason.  Feels shady but it?s happening a lot.

I am sure it had catch on local to us here.

Commodities as a whole risen accross the board substantially.

Builders either raise prices or cancel contract when profit margin shrinks.

Compressed-Village said:
I am sure it had catch on local to us here.

Commodities as a whole risen accross the board substantially.

Builders either raise prices or cancel contract when profit margin shrinks.

Builders can only do that because there is strong demand, as soon as that demand levels off they won't be able to do that any longer.

test said:
CogNeuroSci said:
Cares said:

Is the rebate taxable? My agent gave me a 1099 for it. What should I do with it?

Back