Auburn at Stonegate by Richmond American

aquabliss said:
BruinDoc said:
aquabliss said:
Compressed-Village said:
You can drive by and walk right into the home while under construction. I've done it dozen of times and including the house that I purchased.

You would walk in an unfinished basement built by Richmond America?  If you look at it funny, the thing might collapse.
I have owned a home from Richmond American in the past. The home was well-built and they were very responsive with any concerns and issues we had.

Thanks  Inc for pulling these but I certainly wouldn't buy a home from these guys:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14612.msg294330.html#msg294330
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13070.msg294333.html#msg294333
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12490.msg280833.html#msg280833
Well I guess I lucked out then?! We had no major issues and they took good care of us. Bought new from them and lived in the home for 10 years.;D

The Auburn location is very close to Portola Parkway. You are a stone throw away from Portola Parkway and a few blocks away from the Landfill entrance. It is true that smells from the landfill can not be detected from here. However, the proximity of Auburn neighborhood is not favorable. Just go to the model home next  to the model that is being built with the basement, although the pine trees row are huge and big, Ones can still see an army of trucks and trash truck daily as this will / and forever be a main routes for these heavy equipment vehicles to utilize and haul trash and debris. Whether it from commercial or residential. Trash pickup is daily in Orange County from one community to another.

The homes I have no doubt will be nice. Every builder will have some flaws, the least is most desireable. It is post sales and customer support team that will make or break the brand name. How Customer Service support respond in the event of a flaws arise matters. Richmond need to improve here to restore the trusts.

Thank you!

Eastwood will have NH school,  for some it is a plus for us we think new school will be better equipped with new technology and amenities etc.

The landfill is concern for which other new communities in Irvine?

Auburn, We loved only plan 1'(anyways only this can be in our tight budget).

Then we checked EW William Lyon signature homes, wow for floor plans, thoughtful featured and several upgrades included.

Yup... saw it... Doesn't quite feel like 5200 sq ft cause its 3 stories but its nice.  Things feel a little too spaced out and I feel alot of the sq ft is used in the hallways due to the courtyard layout

Initially thought courtyard design would be a waste of space but provides a lot of natural light, helps avoid feeling of being in a cave. 

Too bad they all sit on the usual tiny lots.

IrvineBS said:
1.9M base price for the basement plan. 2.1 with upgrades on a tiny lot and non-gated community.

Pass.

It's the only Irvine home over 5,000 sq ft and under $2M.  Perhaps Amelia Plan 3 in OH is an exception but probably north of $2M now. 

Finally saw the basement model.

Very nice. It's just weird that the 2nd floor feels so small. And just a 2-car garage is a crime.

Are the other basement models open yet?

irvinehomeowner said:

Very nice. It's just weird that the 2nd floor feels so small. And just a 2-car garage is a crime.

Agree with your assessment.  The basement is pretty cool and nicely done but the floor plan could be a little more efficient.  All that extra squar footgage at least they can offer a 3 car tandem garage.

No other basement model yet but there's  going to be a 6,000 s.f. plan with a basement coming soon in Altair. 

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Agree with your assessment.  The basement is pretty cool and nicely done but the floor plan could be a little more efficient.  All that extra squar footgage at least they can offer a 3 car tandem garage.

No other basement model yet but there's  going to be a 6,000 s.f. plan with a basement coming soon in Altair. 

I have a feeling Altair is going to overcompensate on everything to make up for the outskirts location. 

Back