Auburn at Stonegate by Richmond American

basement construction

4.jpg

5.jpg

compare to trellis court/lantana opening where they had a bunch of tables with umbrellas situated at the park.. richmond definitely could have sprung for a few chairs vs one vendor only. that was weird choice.

we definitely ate at the shade too cuz we had kiddos with us. that future model home may have some mexican rice stain in their driveway now.... oops. (half kidding, cleaned/picked them up)

that particular model aka outdoor dining room (Cherie) was the most popular one, i believe.

richmond went and modeled it with the 2nd master bedroom but the high ceiling living/dining along with the wide stairs was nice. because they modeled it with 2nd master, a lot of ppl were surprise that a 3,700 ft home only has 4 bedroom. cherie is also the one where you can see the chelsea model w/ basement happening (through bonus room and upstair rooms)

was not really impressed with the other two models.

seabrook had the study modeled with a grand piano and it didn't felt practical at all given its a 3,200 sq ft home that felt a lot smaller. not many ppl were impressed with the smallish master and the space used for the "library" upstairs too.

seneca's two pillars downstair next to the dining room really killed the space/size feel of the home. the curve stairs were nice. they modeled it with a super master closet so again, its another home that felt smaller due to less bedroom count. (although bedroom 4 at 11x11 probably wouldn't felt impressive, even if it has its own bath).

the optional spa which they threw in the model seems to have mixed result from ppl too. some were impressed with size, some was like "so wait I'm going to have to massage myself or hire someone or what?"

also richmond forgot to disable the alarm on ALL its doors to the exterior - so ppl couldn't really get a feel of the homes being opened up with the optional sliding doors.

all in all i think these aren't bad, but if you're shopping at this price point you have plenty of better options in orchard hill, IMO.

capboba said:
test said:
basement construction

neat. i think these will be an interesting draw in Dec for sure.

But people may reserving the units b4 December. (Not sure if people can) By the time December hits, the price will be high. (My assumption)

eyephone said:
capboba said:
test said:
basement construction

neat. i think these will be an interesting draw in Dec for sure.

But people may reserving the units b4 December. (Not sure if people can) By the time December hits, the price will be high. (My assumption)

oh yeah, I just think in terms of additional foot traffic it'll bring

basement's nice, but where's the yard?  Monstrous homes on teeny tiny lots.  That's gonna be a lot of wifi to get into the basement. 

Can't wait to see the finished product.

You can drive by and walk right into the home while under construction. I've done it dozen of times and including the house that I purchased.

Compressed-Village said:
You can drive by and walk right into the home while under construction. I've done it dozen of times and including the house that I purchased.

You would walk in an unfinished basement built by Richmond America?  If you look at it funny, the thing might collapse.

aquabliss said:
Compressed-Village said:

You would walk in an unfinished basement built by Richmond America?  If you look at it funny, the thing might collapse.
I have owned a home from Richmond American in the past. The home was well-built and they were very responsive with any concerns and issues we had.

BruinDoc said:
aquabliss said:
Compressed-Village said:

I have owned a home from Richmond American in the past. The home was well-built and they were very responsive with any concerns and issues we had.

Thanks  Inc for pulling these but I certainly wouldn't buy a home from these guys:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14612.msg294330.html#msg294330
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13070.msg294333.html#msg294333
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12490.msg280833.html#msg280833

Back