Auburn at Stonegate by Richmond American

When they say from $1m. Do they mean smallest FP  is $1,000,000 OR 1,120,000 ??????  Trying to understand their pricing strategy?

Also,  is the price below market price OR market price OR over priced?

I am trying to understand the catch here comparing prices of Lafayette....

hello said:
ps9 said:
http://www.richmondamerican.com/California/Orange-County-new-homes/Irvine/Auburn-at-Stonegate/

Builder site is up, official name is indeed Auburn.  These should be fun to tour.

thats the worst builder site ive ever seen...  the pictures they posts are so horrible.  Blurry close up pictures of furniture?  LOL  why even bother?

Agreed. And shouldn't the designated HS, Northwood, include an asterisk? Won't these feed into the new Portola HS within a year?

Just temporary, typical of most builder websites, info slowly trickles in.  At least Richmond American's site is hard to address hack for hidden floor plans. 

As for school info, typical info is for current school and the usual 'check with IUSD for update school zones on your own time and don't sue us we're not at fault' type disclosure. 

Sell the Tustin Ranch home and Ellwood home and buy a home /w a basement and no mortgage, wife probably won't go for it as she wants to keep the Tustin home, but we're not attached to our Ellwood home 'yet' and if I could get a decent return on it after all fees I'd probably let it go.

@java123 - too bad you don't want a Nathaniel model and only Nolan

With roof decks at Ellwood and basements here, Richmond American is really thinking outside the box.  Think of how practical a basement can be: dungeon, fallout shelter, mosque, hydroponic grow room, wood shop, band practice room, etc, etc.

One of the Tustin ranch homes had a basement, model showed it as a cinema room.
In reality, it's just going to be storage.  Let's be real, lol.
And maybe folks can actually park their cars in the garage for once.

Irvine Dream said:
akkord said:
Sell the Tustin Ranch home and Ellwood home and buy a home /w a basement and no mortgage,
But I thought your wife doesn't like Stonegate >:D

She hates the look of Stonegate, now you've given me another hurdle... :(  Wonder if this new part of Stonegate will look like the rest of Stonegate...pretty boring and blah at least for her taste. 

But it's A BASEMENT!!! My basement / man cave trumps the neighborhood look, I'll be spending more time in there than looking at the neighborhood.  Hmm, we're both big TV/movie watchers so maybe the theater room will convince her!

I agree with akkord. Stonegate community feeling is blah. boxy gridded streets and boring landscape. Tiny boring community amenities.

When everyone was doing grids for residential design Stonegate was fine.  And now with PP and BP having curved streets and a more natural landscape, the grid design has fallen out of favor.  I too would prefer to live in a curvier neighborhood in a house with a basement and a rooftop bar.

akkord said:
She hates the look of Stonegate, now you've given me another hurdle... :(  Wonder if this new part of Stonegate will look like the rest of Stonegate...pretty boring and blah at least for her taste. 

But it's A BASEMENT!!! My basement / man cave trumps the neighborhood look, I'll be spending more time in there than looking at the neighborhood.  Hmm, we're both big TV/movie watchers so maybe the theater room will convince her!

hilarious. my wife is from the midwest and she's convinced ill never use a basement past the novelty point. (or once I store all my crap down there)

"you californians just want things you don't have" or some such...

That basement and sub level court yard is very interesting, kind of wanting this house just for that.

But I just had a funny thought.  This part of Stonegate is consider flood zone due to a reservoir located just north of it.  Since to the El Ni?o is the daily topic nowadays, what happen if the sub level got flooded?  What if we got too much rain and the reservoir burst?  With that sub level court yard that opens to the sky, looks like the home owner is getting themselves a free swimming pool. :)

capboba said:
hilarious. my wife is from the midwest and she's convinced ill never use a basement past the novelty point. (or once I store all my crap down there)

"you californians just want things you don't have" or some such...

I would rather buy a house with a basement and a rooftop entertaining area than one without.  Maybe after living in it for awhile, I would find it gratuitous.  But in the meantime, I find adding these two features to be desirable.  My perception of what I will do with these spaces drives my purchase. 

Perception is reality.

Plan 4 is actually very nice.  All the bedrooms upstairs has its own balcony. 
As for Plan 2X - There are going to be 14 of them.  Which is the majority of the Plan 2.
The model they will have is currently listed as a Plan 2 which is a bummer.  However they did put a side note saying they might make the model a 2X.
With the sunken courtyard the basement won't really feel like a true basement which is a good thing.  You will have natural lighting in the day and fresh air.  If you work in an office building all day, it doesn't feel very good, not a good way to spend a lot of time at home.  I don't think the Plan 2X can justify the $400/sqft though.  These lots were possibly for Shea as an extension to their Sausalito which didn't sell too well and were heavily discounted on the last few remaining homes.  They ranged in 3,500 - 4,218 sqft. 
61 Interlude was listed at $1.7 million range and it sold for $1.5 I believe and they were giving $50k broker commission and included $80,000 upgrades into that house.  I was looking into that one last year. 
Also there was a Plan 3 Sausalito with a huge backyard the size larger than a full basketball court and it only sold for $1.55 I think.  It was opposite to the Model Homes.  The Sausalitos had low ceiling height compared to many of the houses.  These plans look like they are going to be the same 8' ceilings as well.

It is risky to me to buy any property over $420/sqft.
The Lafayettes are priced from $450 to $415/sqft from Plan 1 to Plan 3 respectively.
I wonder how they are going to price the Auburns.

I am also curious about any potential problems with water leaking through the walls in the basement.  I own commercial buildings and have to deal with these problems.  If water doesn't drain properly from ground, it can leach through because these walls are not tiltup slabs and the joints will always come through eventually.

Back