Artificial Intelligence

Vison is not enough. A multimodal approach makes more sense to me. There are many situations where vision is impaired by weather or obstructions. Radar and lidar can fill in the gaps. Add onboard AI and real time cloud data to complete the picture.

Vison is not enough. A multimodal approach makes more sense to me. There are many situations where vision is impaired by weather or obstructions. Radar and lidar can fill in the gaps. Add onboard AI and real time cloud data to complete the picture.
Exactly... which is why stuff that Elon says is often short-sighted.

Just because people use their eyes to drive does not mean that's good enough for an AI... AI has to make up for stuff like instinct and anticipation which requires more input than just visual. Computers are capable of more data so why not leverage that?

Exactly... which is why stuff that Elon says is often short-sighted.

Just because people use their eyes to drive does not mean that's good enough for an AI... AI has to make up for stuff like instinct and anticipation which requires more input than just visual. Computers are capable of more data so why not leverage that?
Tesla said it was a mistake relying on vision only. They plan to put HD radar on new cars starting early next year. I am picking my MYLR next week without USS. It’s not a big deal for me since i didnt use USS for parking anyways with my X5. But for buyers with FSD, they are getting screwed royally. I expect a class action lawsuit coming.

Tesla said it was a mistake relying on vision only. They plan to put HD radar on new cars starting early next year. I am picking my MYLR next week without USS. It’s not a big deal for me since i didnt use USS for parking anyways with my X5. But for buyers with FSD, they are getting screwed royally. I expect a class action lawsuit coming.

Already there...

Back