Arcadia @ Stongegate

ps9 said:
Saw a buyer with grey sweat pants, high waters, white socks, and penny loafers.
Hey... I told you not to post about what I was wearing.

What you wear at a model home stays at a model home. :(

ps9 said:
Their model's yards are the smallest I've seen.  So I guess the normal lots are even smaller?

And the funny thing is on those bigger lot partition, you have to get the bigger and more expensive Y version (extra room or living space) so I would guess none of the actual lots would have decent yard size.

We were originally planning to buy in Arcadia. The lot size killed it for us. We ended up in NWP with lots of space around the house. The downside is all the remodeling ahead of us. Given the school zoning news, I think we made the right decision.

test said:
Unsold inventory

35 Residence 1 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 2909 $1,159,900
39 Residence 1 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 2909 $1,192,900
19 Residence 3 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 3202 $1,250,900
17 Residence 3 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 3202 $1,299,900
http://www.tripointehomes.com/quick-move-in-homes-20.cfm

Saw 35 about 10 days ago and called over the weekend to tell them I wanted to purchase and was told both 35 and 39 were sold

I hear Mr sweatpants penny loafer can spit long distances, these rear yard setbacks are cake!

Wake up to the sweet sound of a congested Chinese man clearing mucous from his smoked out lungs 10 ft from your master bedroom window :)

Buyers from China and Asian-Americans purchased about 80 percent of the 47 houses sold at Tri Pointe Homes Inc.'s Arcadia at Stonegate community in Irvine, about 40 miles southeast of Los Angeles, according to Tom Mitchell, president of the Irvine-based builder.

Almost half of the buyers paid cash for houses in the development, at prices starting at $1.16 million, he said. The company has been surprised by how word travels among overseas buyers.

"A Chinese national bought one of our houses at Arcadia in Irvine after reading about it on a blog," Tri Pointe CEO Doug Bauer said in a telephone interview. "It was a Chinese blog. We couldn't even read it."
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-cash-bearing-buyers-fuel-144752068.html

test said:
Buyers from China and Asian-Americans purchased about 80 percent of the 47 houses sold at Tri Pointe Homes Inc.'s Arcadia at Stonegate community in Irvine, about 40 miles southeast of Los Angeles, according to Tom Mitchell, president of the Irvine-based builder.

Almost half of the buyers paid cash for houses in the development, at prices starting at $1.16 million, he said. The company has been surprised by how word travels among overseas buyers.

"A Chinese national bought one of our houses at Arcadia in Irvine after reading about it on a blog," Tri Pointe CEO Doug Bauer said in a telephone interview. "It was a Chinese blog. We couldn't even read it."

It looks like Arcadia homes are moving based on construction activity in SG.  80% Asians sounds about right based on my naked eye census poll around the hood.  Chinese people sure love the name "Arcadia".  Have you checked out the home price appreciation in Arcadia, CA in the past 2-3 years?  It's crazy over there at the moment.  I hope this Chinese Run on US RE doesn't end like the Japanese RE crash back in the old days when they bought up everything in CA (Pebble Beach, etc.).

Goriot said:
test said:

It looks like Arcadia homes are moving based on construction activity in SG.  80% Asians sounds about right based on my naked eye census poll around the hood.  Chinese people sure love the name "Arcadia".  Have you checked out the home price appreciation in Arcadia, CA in the past 2-3 years?  It's crazy over there at the moment.  I hope this Chinese Run on US RE doesn't end like the Japanese RE crash back in the old days when they bought up everything in CA (Pebble Beach, etc.).

Well, when Chinese economy is good, they buy here to hide their windfall and diversified their portfolio.  But when China's financial bubble burst, probably even greater number will buy here to escape the fallout. 

"Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. staged feng shui blessing ceremonies before beginning work on projects in Anaheim and Foothill Ranch communities in Orange County, south of Los Angeles. "

It seems weird that the small, insignificant Brookfield auto center development in Foothill Ranch is mentioned in this article but not the much larger Baker Ranch development down the street. I guess Shea & Toll Bros. didn't do feng shui blessing ceremonies. Who knows.

Oh, look. They're referring to T.I.

I barely understand half of what is written here anymore.  ;)

ps9 said:
I hear Mr sweatpants penny loafer can spit long distances, these rear yard setbacks are cake!

Wake up to the sweet sound of a congested Chinese man clearing mucous from his smoked out lungs 10 ft from your master bedroom window :)

Don't remember posting this..doesn't sound like my style...reading old posts can be eye opening sometimes

I heard that sales at Arcadia is not doing too well. Builder is offering a price drop like in Portola Springs. Is there is any truth to this and why? Based on the above article it sounds like the Chinese are buying everything.

Back