Arcadia @ Stongegate

Will Orchard Hills have "low income" apartments like SG, WB?  I think only PS does not have one. 

bones said:
ak said:
Will Orchard Hills have "low income" apartments like SG, WB?  I think only PS does not have one. 

PS currently doesn't have any but that doesn't mean they won't get any in the future.  There's a lot of PS left to develop.

yeah but since existing PS development is broken up into enclaves (north/south) the existing part of PS will feel like there is no low income housing.

qwerty said:
bones said:
ak said:

PS currently doesn't have any but that doesn't mean they won't get any in the future.  There's a lot of PS left to develop.

yeah but since existing PS development is broken up into enclaves (north/south) the existing part of PS will feel like there is no low income housing.

I think OH development is much like PS in that it is also broken up into enclaves and there is only one TIC apartment there now and I can't see a Low Income apartment being built in the "hills" of OH.

Tyler Durden said:
bones said:
Looks like more homes are going back to the builder.  Got an email about a Plan 3 that was released in Phase 1B @ Arcadia that is now available.  Move in Nov/Dec.  Fully upgraded including 42" subzero built in fridge and Maytag washer/dryer so totally turnkey except for window treatments & landscaping.  Asking $1,393,900 or $435 psf.  $131k above release price.

I'd try to parse out the options and see if they are worth the extra 131K to you.  If not, throw them an offer that includes the ones you are interested in.

Tell them to exclude the 42" subzero built in fridge since it's personal property anyway.

Tyler Durden said:
Or maybe she can sell a built in to you and you can keep it in your garage since you don't have a home to put it in anyway.

Is that how you live in Santa Ana?  You have a garage but no home, so your garage is your home.  LOL

test said:
Phase 3B Pricing

Plan 1:  $1,212,900
Plan 1Y: $1,370,900
Plan 2:  $1,255,900
Plan 2Y: $1,434,900
Plan 3:  Temporarily Sold Out!
Plan 3Y: $1,418,900

Phase 4A Pricing

Plan 1:  $1,237,900
Plan 1Y: $1,395,900
Plan 2:  $1,278,900
Plan 2Y: $1,459,900
Plan 3:  $1,300,900
Plan 3Y: $1,442,900

test said:
test said:
Phase 3B Pricing

Plan 1:  $1,212,900
Plan 1Y: $1,370,900
Plan 2:  $1,255,900
Plan 2Y: $1,434,900
Plan 3:  Temporarily Sold Out!
Plan 3Y: $1,418,900

Phase 4A Pricing

Plan 1:  $1,237,900
Plan 1Y: $1,395,900
Plan 2:  $1,278,900
Plan 2Y: $1,459,900
Plan 3:  $1,300,900
Plan 3Y: $1,442,900

Prices just keep going up and up and up.....OH will definitely start at $1.5MM and going up from there. 

not to doubt you, but is that the actual pricing for a new released lot w/ no options or is that from a unsold lot from a previous phase?

before we bought at PP, we were heavily considering arcadia. the current plan 2 listed for $1.278M (was $1.251M originally, and then increased to $1.255M) was a lot from phase 3a/3b that never sold. the price kept increasing because construction kept progressing and they kept pumping in more options into their base price. they also had another plan 2 lot from phase 2 that fell out that they were trying to sell. even though i'm not not their priority list anymore, i still get their "feature homesite of the week" and it's pretty much the 4-5 lots from earlier phases they're tryiing to sell that already includes a buttload of options.

just my 2 cents, but i think they'll eventually sell these lots either to 1. FCB or 2. when they incentivize buyers with option credits. yes it's SG, but i personally think it's overpriced.

Homes with upgrades cost considerably more.

Homesite  Plan               Bed Bath   Sq Ft          Price                Delivery Date
17            Residence 3        4      4        3202      $1,393,900              Nov-Dec

This highly upgraded home will meet your expectations for luxury and comfort with an upgraded 2.1 KW panel solar system, gorgeous polished almond beige marble, beautiful Du Chateau wood floors, porcelain tile and tumbled marble in various locations, polished White Springs countertops and island with glass and stone mosaic backlash, Bologna maple cabinets with Brown Sugar finish and recessed panel doors throughout the home, Crown molding in Kitchen, Great Room, Dining Room and Master Bedroom, outdoor fireplace at Loggia, Sub Zero? stainless steel 42? built-in side-by-side refrigerator, extra-large, single bowl stainless steel sink with vibrant stainless steel finish faucet, designer selected pre-cast fireplace surround in Great Room, 15? bi-fold doors at Great Room, natural stone countertops and tub deck at Master Bath, Maytag? Maxima XL Front Load steam washer and steam dryer, numerous electrical upgrades throughout and dual tankless water heaters

as insane as these prices are, there're still cheaper than some of the resells I see on MLS or redfin that's asking for $450-$500+ PSF.

Unsold inventory

35 Residence 1 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 2909 $1,159,900
39 Residence 1 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 2909 $1,192,900
19 Residence 3 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 3202 $1,250,900
17 Residence 3 Floorplan 4 + Bonus Room & California Room 4 3202 $1,299,900
http://www.tripointehomes.com/quick-move-in-homes-20.cfm

Made my first visit a few days ago, wanted to see what I can expect from Messina in Orchard Hills (also by Tri Pointe).  Not impressed.  The "y" expanded floorplans seem to sell well but those are restricted on the bigger lots.  Floorplans in general are all the same, nothing stood out nor memorable. 

Saw a buyer with grey sweat pants, high waters, white socks, and penny loafers.  Nice, guess all his money is on the house.

Back