Arcadia @ Stongegate

bones said:
Tyler Durden said:
bones said:
I personally think the new home market is slowing down at the "higher end" ($1M+ homes).  We prequal-ed with Arcadia in the beginning of August and we were able to purchase a home in this past phase release (we passed but kept our name on the list).  It's hard to know how many people are ahead of us... but from what I can gather, there's probably only a handful of non-contingent buyers ahead of us.  There is a separate contingent list.  It sounds like this list mainly comprises of people whose funds are still stuck in China and are slowly moving it over.  Once they show proof of funds, they move over to the non-contingent list.  There's a lot more competition coming up with Sausalito and the Great Park so I think the quick sellouts of phase releases may be over soon.

Congrats!  Sounds like your persistence and a bit of luck paid off.

No need for the congrats - we didn't buy a house and are not sure we will at Arcadia.  I don't love how all my neighbors will be Chinese (and not just chinese, but chinese SMOKERS - yuck!), the elementary school situation, the fact that the house is seriously overpriced, etc, etc.  But my realtor told me it's better to put my name on these stupid lists in case I do end up wanting to buy a home at these various developments.  Unfortunately, to stay on the list at Arcadia, you have to physically "check-in" during the phase release days so it's a bit of a PITA.  But I guess the flip side of that is the process is slightly more transparent than the ones at IPac, TayMo, etc.
You mean like the SMOKERS from Waterworld?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKFsmZhQWtg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWckOfARBE[/youtube]

test said:
test said:
Phase 2A Pricing
Plan 1: $1,179,900
Plan 2: $1,221,900
Plan 3: $1,254,900

Phase 2B Pricing
Plan 1: $1,186,900
Plan 2: $1,242,900
Plan 3: $1,271,900

Phase 3A Pricing
Plan 1: $1,208,900
Plan 2: $1,251,900
Plan 3: $1,284,900

bones said:
test said:
bones said:
of the 8 homes released today, only 2 or 3 homes were sold at the release.

How many people showed up?  Did they just pass?

I think they called about 15 names total - that's the whole non contingent list that showed up today. No one bought any of the bigger homes.

Perhaps, people are waiting for the grand release of Greatpark Neighborhoods next Saturday before deciding.

bones said:
Next phase release won't be until early November which is about 6-7 weeks after previous phase release. They've been doing them every 2 to 3 weeks up until this point. More evidence that demand for these homes have slowed. Hard to charge a premium for a smaller size lot than the competition. Hopefully there will be a price adjustment on these in the near future.

They're waiting for Orchard Hills.  Farther away from the landfill.  TIC was smart to announce it early.

Phase 3B Pricing

Plan 1:  $1,212,900
Plan 1Y: $1,370,900
Plan 2:  $1,255,900
Plan 2Y: $1,434,900
Plan 3:  Temporarily Sold Out!
Plan 3Y: $1,418,900

test said:
Phase 3B Pricing

Why is the plan 2Y & 3Y so expensive? At that price level you can buy a 4000 sqft home at PP.

bones said:
iacrenter said:
test said:
Phase 3B Pricing

Why is the plan 2Y & 3Y so expensive? At that price level you can buy a 4000 sqft home at PP.

The "Y" plans are 5 bedrooms and increases the SF by a few hundred square feet.

That's encroaching on La Cresta pricing and the Arcadia designs are not that exciting.

Tyler Durden said:
WoW!

Anyone who thinks Orchard Hills is going to be affordable should take note of those prices.  It will likely be higher than that, due to the fact its further removed from all the other new developments and is going to be a higher end product.

Define "affordable". What's affordable to you may not be affordable to me. That said, even at the smaller end of home size, I don't see Orchard Hills for less than $1,000,000, and at the high end, easily $2,000,000+. And I see those as starting prices.

Back