Anyone been watching the Towering Inferno at Marquee Place?

[quote author="morekaos" date=1219892957]Says Nancy Keely Campbell to Veronica Hicks, "Listen Veronica, I know we have listed out condos for sale for over a year, paid those back breaking HOAs and taxes and still have not found that perfect buyer for our perfect condos. I have an idea, Lets <strong>raise the prices </strong>and pretend this whole houseing crash thing never happened. Do you think that might work?" "Worth a try, nothing else is working, do you have any more of those yellow pills?"

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/Undisclosed-address-92612/home/12469505

Listing Price History

Date Price

Aug 25, 2007 $945,000

Jan 10, 2008 $999,000

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3141-Michelson-92612/unit-1506/home/11912498

Listing Price History

Date Price

Sep 19, 2007 $799,000

Apr 18, 2008 $699,000

Jun 28, 2008 $749,000</blockquote>

Maybe they saw a ray of hope when the three that were scheduled for the foreclosure auction today got postponed for another 2 or 3 weeks.

[quote author="carsany" date=1219883542]Hi, been a lurker here for a bit. Thanks for all the great info from veteran posters.

Just looking for an opinion on the high rises in Irvine. I am currently renting in Marquee and as "PeterUK" said, I am digging it as well. I checked out the Plaza, CPW and plan to go see Skyline soon.

I am considering buying in Marquee or CPW. I like the look of CPW/Skyline, but like the pricing trend in the Marquee. Looks like CPW and Skyline has the look that appeals to me most, Plaza looks pretty overvalued for what you get over there. Besides the kitchen, the bathrooms look kind of cheap IMO.

Which place do you think is the best if you had about a 800k budget for a place?

I am thinking...

1. CPW

2. Marquee

3. Plaza

4. Skyline (would be a 3 for sure, but I prefer the location of the others)

Anything else coming up or worth a look at in regards to modern condo style living? Thanks for any input!

Cheers :)</blockquote>

I would go with:

1. CPK

at least until I was full, and I would wait another couple of years to buy a condo.

Thanks for the input. I guess Santa Ana is that bad, I am surprised they don't just drive 5 minutes into Irvine or Newport beach and rob everyone here since it seems to be a pretty darn wealthy looking bunch. If you rolled like that in NY, you would be robbed for sure.

I drove over to Skyline today though, seems more like a business district then a Ghetto. I lived in downtown LA for a year across from the Staples Center, which is considered the better area and that looked bad as soon as you strayed a few blocks. Streets around skyline seems OK. I can't see thugs crawling around there at night, would be kinda boring. Homelessness does not really seem to exist in OC like it did in LA. Anyhow, I like the design of the interiors at Skyline. But the location on Jamboree is ideal to me IMO.

Hopefully by next year they will have come down 50% from all the negative news. Still way cheap compared to NY though and twice as nice.

CPK? that is not Pizza. Can't eat that being from NY, Sorry....

Cheers

<blockquote>. . . being from NY . . . </blockquote>
Carsany, I hope you aren't a Yankees Fan. %-P

Red Sox & Yankess are playing right now.

[quote author="carsany" date=1219914593]Thanks for the input. I guess Santa Ana is that bad, I am surprised they don't just drive 5 minutes into Irvine or Newport beach and rob everyone here since it seems to be a pretty darn wealthy looking bunch. If you rolled like that in <strong>NY</strong>, you would be robbed for sure.

I drove over to Skyline today though, seems more like a business district then a Ghetto. I lived in downtown LA for a year across from the Staples Center, which is considered the better area and that looked bad as soon as you strayed a few blocks. Streets around skyline seems OK. I can't see thugs crawling around there at night, would be kinda boring. Homelessness does not really seem to exist in OC like it did in LA. Anyhow, I like the design of the interiors at Skyline. But the location on Jamboree is ideal to me IMO.

Hopefully by next year they will have come down 50% from all the negative news. Still way cheap compared to <strong>NY</strong> though and twice as nice.

CPK? that is not Pizza. Can't eat that being from <strong>NY</strong>, Sorry....

Cheers</blockquote>

Feel free to pack your bags and head back to NY at any time. Trust me, we won't miss you one bit.

Bosox has handed Yankees there asses. Can't say I am fan, but I did love the Yankees back when I had season tix between the 98-01 years. That was a great team to watch then. Tino, Paul, Bernie, Jeter, Jorge, Clemens and Mariano with his A game then. Team got kind a lost for the past few years. I lived on Newbury St. in Boston for 4 years in the early 90's. and the Boston games were a blast too. But then again, University days. That was all drinking, before and after. Everything was fun then :)

[quote author="carsany" date=1219916089]Bosox has handed Yankees there asses. Can't say I am fan, but I did love the Yankees back when I had season tix between the 98-01 years. That was a great team to watch then. Tino, Paul, Bernie, Jeter, Jorge, Clemens and Mariano with his A game then. Team got kind a lost for the past few years. I lived on Newbury St. in Boston for 4 years in the early 90's. and the Boston games were a blast too. But then again, University days. That was all drinking, before and after. Everything was fun then :)</blockquote>
Ah, Newbury Street. It's a must-do destination on all my return trips to Boston.

Now I'm homesick. :sick:

[quote author="carsany" date=1219914593] I lived in downtown LA for a year across from the Staples Center, which is considered the better area and that looked bad as soon as you strayed a few blocks. </blockquote>

There's nothing like Skid Row in its scale anywhere on the west coast. Nor is there anything like the older parts of LA which surround downtown, with the possible exception of Oakland. It just doesn't have the same urban vibe without the strange old warehouses, factories and brick structures. Not much of that in OC.

And please forgive my fellow Californians for their hostility when their favorite chain establishments are attacked. You need to take your identity where you find it here in the land of strip malls.

No worries, I just thought it was really friendly in Cali. Glad to see it's no different. Such nice people everywhere :) Just thought this was a discussion forum in regards to real estate info in the socal area. I pack my bags every few months as I reside in both cities. So I am glad ya won't miss me, that would really worry me.

Adam wrote:

Feel free to pack your bags and head back to NY at any time. Trust me, we won't miss you one bit.</blockquote>

Skid row is bad, that was a bit further down from where I was. I think they are trying to push it out eastward now as they are trying to keep everything as far from LA Live as possible. But boy, around the corner from little tokyo is just crazy. If you drove through there around midnight it looks surreal.

The strange thing is there is so many development projects coming up around the little tokyo area and the south park area(where I was). The prices are still pretty high too with little expensive trendy restaurants creeping up in the warehouse district. Kinda going for the NY meat packing district thing I guess, but the meat packing district in NY was never as bad looking as that. looks like a scene from the "night of the living dead" on certain blocks.

Bottom line, after being there for a bit. The OC high rises look A-OK in my book.

BTW: they have CPK restaurants all over NY, did not mean to put it down. I was just being a wiseguy... If I had to eat frozen pizza, the first choice for me would be the BBQ chicken CPK. Fuggeda bout it!

Cheers.

[quote author="Hormiguero" date=1219931164][quote author="carsany" date=1219914593] I lived in downtown LA for a year across from the Staples Center, which is considered the better area and that looked bad as soon as you strayed a few blocks. </blockquote>

There's nothing like Skid Row in its scale anywhere on the west coast. Nor is there anything like the older parts of LA which surround downtown, with the possible exception of Oakland. It just doesn't have the same urban vibe without the strange old warehouses, factories and brick structures. Not much of that in OC.

And please forgive my fellow Californians for their hostility when their favorite chain establishments are attacked. You need to take your identity where you find it here in the land of strip malls.</blockquote>

Don't miss the cold winters there though with the noisy cast iron steam heaters in the apartments there :) But Boston is a cool city, great unique architecture.

Ever been to Border Cafe in Harvard Square? I miss that tex mex style mexican.... Wish I could find something like that here :-( Before you flame me about not being authentic, I love the mexican food here and the Vietnamese food. They are probably the best in all of the USA. But Border Cafe is cool.

[quote author="CalGal" date=1219922659][quote author="carsany" date=1219916089]Bosox has handed Yankees there asses. Can't say I am fan, but I did love the Yankees back when I had season tix between the 98-01 years. That was a great team to watch then. Tino, Paul, Bernie, Jeter, Jorge, Clemens and Mariano with his A game then. Team got kind a lost for the past few years. I lived on Newbury St. in Boston for 4 years in the early 90's. and the Boston games were a blast too. But then again, University days. That was all drinking, before and after. Everything was fun then :)</blockquote>
Ah, Newbury Street. It's a must-do destination on all my return trips to Boston.

Now I'm homesick. :sick:</blockquote>

[quote author="Hormiguero" date=1219931164] And please forgive my fellow Californians for their hostility when their favorite chain establishments are attacked. You need to take your identity where you find it here in the land of strip malls.</blockquote>

Look, I'm trying to help carsany out. It is obvious SoCal isn't considered home for carsany since every post mentions how big, bad, and best NYC is. Either consciously or subconsciously carsany wants to go back and I fully support following your dreams.

There are many transplants here (including myself) who don't feel they have to mention their hometown in every post or conversation. Meet carsany in person and NYC comparisons WILL be drawn up--guaranteed.

The bottom line is that nobody gives a sh*t about where you came from. Just like nobody in NYC would give a sh*t about my love for SoCal no matter how many comparisons I draw up.

So you got all this from all my 8 posts. You don't seem very califorinian, figures you are a transplant FYI, I have just as many family members that's been in socal for 3-4 generations as I do on the east coast. So if anything maybe you should go back to where you came from dude....

You are pretty darn hostile, did I offend you personally or something? Then again, I don't give a sh**it either.

Last post, waste of time here.

[quote author="Adam" date=1219969805][quote author="Hormiguero" date=1219931164] And please forgive my fellow Californians for their hostility when their favorite chain establishments are attacked. You need to take your identity where you find it here in the land of strip malls.</blockquote>

Look, I'm trying to help carsany out. It is obvious SoCal isn't considered home for carsany since every post mentions how big, bad, and best NYC is. Either consciously or subconsciously carsany wants to go back and I fully support following your dreams.

There are many transplants here (including myself) who don't feel they have to mention their hometown in every post or conversation. Meet carsany in person and NYC comparisons WILL be drawn up--guaranteed.

The bottom line is that nobody gives a sh*t about where you came from. Just like nobody in NYC would give a sh*t about my love for SoCal no matter how many comparisons I draw up.</blockquote>

[quote author="Adam" date=1219969805][quote author="Hormiguero" date=1219931164] And please forgive my fellow Californians for their hostility when their favorite chain establishments are attacked. You need to take your identity where you find it here in the land of strip malls.</blockquote>

The bottom line is that nobody gives a sh*t about where you came from. Just like nobody in NYC would give a sh*t about my love for SoCal no matter how many comparisons I draw up.</blockquote>
Adam, WTF. Way to welcome a newbie.

Carsany, don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. There are some great people on these forums and you'll learn a lot from them.

And Adam, Boston FTW ! ! ! !

My first post did not even mention NY, second post mentioned how nice OC is compared to NY and downtown LA. Maybe you should learn how to read. This is the internet, not a private forum. I asked a friendly question in a thread discussing an area I am interested in. Go take some prozac, sounds like u need it.

Wow! :down:

Don't go spraining your vaginas. There's no need to go off the deep end here, so please check your emotions at the door. What I wrote wasn't meant to be offensive, however, it is apparent I've struck a nerve and therefore what I've said (carsany's love of NYC) must be true. For example, if I mentioned how great Bumfuck, Egypt is every time we talked wouldn't you start to wonder why I don't stay there?

Take emotion out of it and re-read what I'm saying and you'll see I'm simply giving people a heads up that just because we're smiling and nodding through NYC comparisons, it doesn't mean it isn't insufferable. carsany may be new to the forum, but obviously is not new to the area which makes the comparisons even more offensive because it is pure arrogance and ignorance at the same time. <strong>Again, this is not meant to come off as an attack </strong>because I don't know carsany personally. I would be reiterate this concept to any friend or stranger just the same. It just so happens, carsany is a real life example and it reminded me of the concept. Had the topic been posted in an individual thread, the message would likely have been lost.

With that said, I have no problems with buying carsany a drink at the next IHB get together in order to smooth things over. Please take no offense as I'm expressing an opinion for which I know I am not alone. Over and out.

-----

Btw, CalGal, Boston is not "FTW" since you don't bring up Beantown in nearly every post.

[quote author="Adam" date=1219975141]Wow! :down:

Don't go spraining your vaginas. There's no need to go off the deep end here, so please check your emotions at the door. What I wrote wasn't meant to be offensive, however, it is apparent I've struck a nerve and therefore what I've said (carsany's love of NYC) must be true. For example, if I mentioned how great Bumfuck, Egypt is every time we talked wouldn't you start to wonder why I don't stay there?

Take emotion out of it and re-read what I'm saying and you'll see I'm simply giving people a heads up that just because we're smiling and nodding through NYC comparisons, it doesn't mean it isn't insufferable. carsany may be new to the forum, but obviously is not new to the area which makes the comparisons even more offensive because it is pure arrogance and ignorance at the same time. <strong>Again, this is not meant to come off as an attack </strong>because I don't know carsany personally. I would be reiterate this concept to any friend or stranger just the same. It just so happens, carsany is a real life example and it reminded me of the concept. Had the topic been posted in an individual thread, the message would likely have been lost.

With that said, I have no problems with buying carsany a drink at the next IHB get together in order to smooth things over. Please take no offense as I'm expressing an opinion for which I know I am not alone. Over and out.

-----

Btw, CalGal, Boston is not "FTW" since you don't bring up Beantown in nearly every post.</blockquote>
H E L L O - females only have one vagina.

I love Boston, my daughter lives there, and I think it is my favorite city

in the world.

Love Newberry (sp?) Street, love all the museums, love the architecture,

the fact it has functioning mass transit, parks that people actually use,

etc, etc.

But, don't like winter all the time. Really don't like the cold.

If Boston were moved 500-600 miles south, then I'd be bugging the

hub to move there.

Back