Alternative Medicine Pediatrician?

IrvineHousewife said:
Every year there is media coverage of outbreaks. From every doctor I've seen and spoken to they have admitted pertussis is spread by vaccinated children.

For the millionth time, if you are vaccinating your child and you believe that protects them from these illnesses, why are you worried about unvaccinated kids? You're covered right?

You must not have that much belief in your vaccinations.

1)  By not vaccinating your child, you are weakening the herd immunity for those who cannot vaccinate for various reasons.  You are increasing the chances that an infant who cannot get the vaccine or is immunocompromised will get diseases that are completely preventable.

2)  Nothing in this world, including vaccines, are 100% effective.  This makes it much more important to make sure that everyone who can be vaccinated do.

3)  It is incredible to me that you still believe that vaccine are not effective.  It is not a coincidence that diseases that have been pretty much non-existent for the last 50 years are now making a comeback with the "anti-vaccine" craze.  It is also not a coincidence that those outbreak occur in wealthy areas where you would not think communicable diseases would remain. 

4)  I have no idea where you get this idea that the outbreaks are caused by those who are vaccinated.  The SD outbreak a couple years back was traced to individuals who didn't vaccinate.
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-...oping-cough-outbreaks-study-finds-f8C11301986

Ditto for a 2012 outbreak in Oregon
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevens...he-worst-whooping-cough-epidemic-in-70-years/

5)  In the end, people who do not vaccinate their children are selfish.  It's the my child is better and more important so I am not going expose them to an extremely tiny risk of harm despite severe harm to public health.

Well after seeing that I feel I should stop making fun of Asians for fear of getting my ass beat.

I don't know who started that but it's always funny when one person talks shit and gets beat down. The black lady didn't back it up.

Wow, I'm surprised that younger Asian woman didn't defend the older one / her 'blood sister' but was actually mouthing off to her & protecting the instigator. The black lady threw the first punch at that older woman. Not cool. Also surprised the wimpy men just sit there, don't try to peel the women off each other or body block the aisle. Then again, my husband says he would be hesitant to restrain me because he would end up with a black eye and because he'd never hear the end of it. Good guess.  8)

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
How many were they? I think they've consolidated a few into one shot now.

Five in total.

4 vaccines and one TB test.

I believe the vaccines were DTap/Polio/MMR/Chicken Pox
Whooo... that must have been fun... that's what I remember with my older but with my younger... it was just one, which is why I asked (they said they combined them).

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
How many were they? I think they've consolidated a few into one shot now.

Five in total.

4 vaccines and one TB test.

I believe the vaccines were DTap/Polio/MMR/Chicken Pox
Whooo... that must have been fun... that's what I remember with my older but with my younger... it was just one, which is why I asked (they said they combined them).

Actually...she didn't complain.  She flinched a little but other than that she was fine.  The needles they have now are tiny and the dosage are low. 

That's one of many reasons why I find the whole vaccine "debate" so hilarious (and annoying).  The dosage people got 30-40 years ago were much higher and contained much more impurities. 

Back