Alternative Medicine Pediatrician?

Tyler Durden said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Tyler Durden said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Tyler Durden said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Tyler Durden said:
Irvinecommuter, based on your comments in this thread: do you also refuse to buy organic foods?  After all, pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and genetically modified crops are all products of science as well.

Wait what?  How do you link the two?  Science is not about products...science is about data.  Just like natural things, science can be both good and bad.  Are you saying that science is always bad and natural things are always good? 

Pesticides, antibiotics, and hormone and GMO food are about food production and costs...not health.  Vaccines are about health.  For example, Pasturization is about health and yes I believe in pasturization.

Feel free to roll back the thread to find where I have said that.

My point here is that if you are suggesting that you need a vaccine for every type of imaginable problem... then why bother eating food that is not treated the same way?  After all, antibiotics and hormones are intended to keep the animal healthy with faster maturity of the animal parasite and disease free throughout its miserable life. 

If those antibiotics and hormones didn't work to keep the animal healthy and disease free, why would Old McDonald inject them into his animals and incur additional costs?  Surely, they could spend that money paying down the John Deere or buying new Wranglers.

Your note above indicates that vaccines are good for people, but antibiotics and hormones are not something you would choose to ingest via your food (meaning you do buy organic food).  Why would that be?

Wait..you are not making any sense at all.  Antibiotic for humans help prevent serious communicable disease from resurfacing and killing lots of people.  Antibiotics for chickens help farmers keep them alive so that they don't lose a bunch of them.  Antibiotics is a way for a farmer to ensure that he will have a certain level of chicken to sell in the future.  It has nothing to do with human health.

What happens to the antibiotic in the chicken after it is processed?

You and I are talking about completely different things.  Antibiotics are also not vaccines.

OK, so if they are different:

What happens to the antibiotic in the animal after it is processed?  Why would you choose to not eat it?

Where are you going with this? 

bones said:
Apparently the CDC has issued a warning for MMR.  Three outbreaks in OC and potentially 150 or more exposed.  Still trying to find out details.  Heard this from an early childhood center.

Thanks super selfish parents!

bones said:
bones said:
Apparently the CDC has issued a warning for MMR.  Three outbreaks in OC and potentially 150 or more exposed.  Still trying to find out details.  Heard this from an early childhood center.

Ok so not the cdc but Orange County public health office. 3 kids had/have it and may have spread to others since it's highly contagious. Young kids should be covered if they had their first dose (between 12-15 months typically). Newborns get immunity through breast milk for a # of months.

Is there an online link?  Also...which of the MMR are we talking about?  Thanks.

bones said:
ps9 said:
The Jenny McCarthy is strong in OC

Depends on where you are/go.  I asked one of the Leport campuses specifically this question and was told 2 students do not vaccinate and about 10 were on a delayed schedule.  Contrast that with Annaliese over on Laguna Canyon in Laguna, the number is higher... way way way higher.

That's insane...absolutely insane. 

bones said:
ps9 said:
Is IrvineHouseWife still around?  She'll probably delete these posts. :)

Well from my observations in all the various mom things I do both in and out of irvine, most of the crunchy granola moms who don't vaccinate live west of the 405.  So she's right where she belongs :)

If that is true...there better be a disclaimer from the school during enrollment.  The daycare that my daughter goes to requires vaccination.

Every year there is media coverage of outbreaks. From every doctor I've seen and spoken to they have admitted pertussis is spread by vaccinated children.

For the millionth time, if you are vaccinating your child and you believe that protects them from these illnesses, why are you worried about unvaccinated kids? You're covered right?

You must not have that much belief in your vaccinations.

IrvineHousewife said:
For the millionth time, if you are vaccinating your child and you believe that protects them from these illnesses, why are you worried about unvaccinated kids? You're covered right?

You must not have that much belief in your vaccinations.

I worry about the poor kid who has HIV or cancer and contracts a preventible disease from someone who chose not to get vaccinated.

OC Public Health has updated.  Three cases, two of which are from recent travel to Asia.  The three cases are reported as over the last six weeks.

Frankly, sounds like it's pretty late in the game to be reporting.

The January 3rd case would likely be included in that and was reported as "A case of measles was recently reported in a visitor staying in Orange County while infectious. "

Keep in mind the MMR vaccine is only 95% effective.  Good enough to prevent epidemic, but not enough to prevent cases. 

Back