7 circles members... I need your help

[quote author="profette" date=1215044221]Nice try, PeterUK. But clever editing can't disguise the fact that you ride a Cannondale. Everyone who follows the adventures of the 7 C's knows I'm loyal to <em>Felt.</em> As a service to the blog, I will provide a .jpg of your bike. Gaze upon the horror of Pete's ride:</blockquote>

Wow!

Peter is much better than I expected.

How does he complete a Century Ride on that bike?

The front wheel is missing.

What happened to my thread?

Ten, are you feeling okay? Do you need a trip to the Hollister store? You have the hot prof inviting you to join on a ride, not only should you feel privileged, but honored someone as hot as prof would be willing to be seen with you. I have to say, I am really disappointed, and this was not the kind of game a true tenmagnet would use here. You know that she has been riding 25 miles a day and what kinda shape someone would be in if they were doing that. New name change tendemagnetized.

Petah... I had so much respect for you and your riding skills, until I found out you ride a Cannondale. :down:

[quote author="graphrix" date=1215049608]What happened to my thread?

Ten, are you feeling okay? Do you need a trip to the Hollister store? You have the hot prof inviting you to join on a ride, not only should you feel privileged, but honored someone as hot as prof would be willing to be seen with you. I have to say, I am really disappointed, and this was not the kind of game a true tenmagnet would use here. You know that she has been riding 25 miles a day and what kinda shape someone would be in if they were doing that. New name change tendemagnetized.

Petah... I had so much respect for you and your riding skills, until I found out you ride a Cannondale. :down:</blockquote>

I bought a new pair of D&G;shades yesterday.

Feeling much better thanks for asking.

Unless I clone myself, there?s no time for me to do daily 25 mile rides.

What about my suggestion for a time saving 7C's group spin class?

I?m sure we could work something out with Equinox.

Since our group would be small, Peter could really push us.

Show of hands please!

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215058610]

Unless I clone myself, there?s no time for me to do daily 25 mile rides.

What about my suggestion for a time saving 7C's group spin class?

I?m sure we could work something out with Equinox.

Since our group would be small, Peter could really push us.

Show of hands please!</blockquote>

I hear ya, ten. I don't know how the 7C's do it. I can do 1.5 hours for the gym a day, max, but no more. I will consider it a major accomplishment if I can ever make it to a weekend ride.

It doesn't take long for a quick 25 mile spin around the Back Bay. We take <em>less</em> than 1.5 hours, leaving time for a little espresso at the conclusion of the ride, like all elite cycling clubs.

1.5 hours is with a large orange Cannondale slowing us down (just kidding, please don't hurt me, Pete)

Anyways, Back Bay loop should be cake. 22 miles of nice casual ride (and Prof yelling, "on your left twat!" every time she sprint passes us)

Come out some times. A little pain shouldn't hurt too bad. :)

Yes, if it weren't for the Cannondale, we'd finish the ride around the BB and be back to Irvine in an hour! Vic rides a very nice Trek and really keeps the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadence_(cycling)">cadence</a> up. It's usually around 100-120, wouldn't you say Vic?

And, when I'm speeding past you, I say, "On your left, <strong><a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twit">twit</a></strong>!" <em>There's a <a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twat">difference</a>.</em>

[quote author="vicstah" date=1215067406]1.5 hours is with a large orange Cannondale slowing us down (just kidding, please don't hurt me, Pete)

Anyways, Back Bay loop should be cake. 22 miles of nice casual ride (and Prof yelling, "on your left twat!" every time she sprint passes us)

Come out some times. A little pain shouldn't hurt too bad. :)</blockquote>

22 miles in 1.5 Hours?

Are you guys sprinting the entire distance?

My heart monitor will be off the charts.

How far is Hoag from there, will someone get me to the ER?

Does Prof know CPR?

I want either her or another female to administer it.

No dudes, got it!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Prof comes up with strange rules which ends up with me buying every one coffee EVERY TIME.

[quote author="profette" date=1215065493]It doesn't take long for a quick 25 mile spin around the Back Bay. We take <em>less</em> than 1.5 hours, leaving time for a little espresso at the conclusion of the ride, like all elite cycling clubs.</blockquote>

I'll have to check out the route of the bike trail along the Santa Ana river when I get my bike up and running. That's the closest traffic signal-free route to me that I know of. The round trip commute to meet you guys at the start point of the Back Bay route would take me just as long as the bike ride itself. My gym, on the other hand, is 1.3 miles away. Sorry that I didn't specify that my 1.5 hours includes travel time and my end destination has a shower. I'm not keen on sitting and drinking coffee while a gross, sweaty, lycra-clad mess. Especially with Vic and Petah. Eww.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215068847][quote author="vicstah" date=1215067406]1.5 hours is with a large orange Cannondale slowing us down (just kidding, please don't hurt me, Pete)

22 miles in 1.5 Hours?

Does Prof know CPR?

No dudes, got it!</blockquote>

Don't worry Pal, as much as we like you, if happens to be no females on the ride we're just gonna let you die...sorry.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1215049608]

Petah... I had so much respect for you and your riding skills, until I found out you ride a Cannondale. :down:</blockquote>

Graph, really my riding skills are mediocre at best, I only look fast because I am so damn handsome, I just appear to be fast... :coolsmile:

Graph, those Altus shifters are disposable. I totally dig DIY and fixin' stuff, but I'm too damn old to spend three hours futzing with a $20 gadget. You can probably see where I'm coming from. As it is, I don't have the b*lls to take apart any Shimano shifter or brifter combo. I just toss 'em. PITA. Big time.

Your challenge will be finding a new rear shifter for the 7-speed drivetrain. Bike shops can order them, but if you want a new part you'll probably have to scrounge remote corners of teh Intartoobz (cough eBay). Good luck -- My MTB is 7-speed and I know how hard it can be.

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1215094166][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215068847][quote author="vicstah" date=1215067406]1.5 hours is with a large orange Cannondale slowing us down (just kidding, please don't hurt me, Pete)

22 miles in 1.5 Hours?

Does Prof know CPR?

Don't worry Pal, as much as we like you, if happens to be no females on the ride we're just gonna let you die...sorry.</blockquote>

Heartless, Peter, heartless.

The least you could do would be to spray some Axe on him and let the situation take care of itself.

<em>Bom-chick-a-wa-wah</em>-style.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1215123124][quote author="PeterUK" date=1215094166][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215068847][quote author="vicstah" date=1215067406]1.5 hours is with a large orange Cannondale slowing us down (just kidding, please don't hurt me, Pete)

22 miles in 1.5 Hours?

Does Prof know CPR?

Don't worry Pal, as much as we like you, if happens to be no females on the ride we're just gonna let you die...sorry.</blockquote>

The least you could do would be to spray some Axe on him and let the situation take care of itself.

<em>Bom-chick-a-wa-wah</em>-style.</blockquote>

Never mind, just get me over to Fletcher Jones.

My dad is a good friend of the owner.

They?ll know what to do and who to contact.

[quote author="vicstah" date=1215073005]Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Prof comes up with strange rules which ends up with me buying every one coffee EVERY TIME.</blockquote>

Does one of Prof's rules include you having to wear a US Postal Service Jersey

Or is that something you came up with on your own?

C?mon Vicstah,

Last time I checked the US Postal Service is not sponsoring 280lbs. Cyclists.

(Smiley)

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1215123124][quote author="PeterUK" date=1215094166][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215068847][quote author="vicstah" date=1215067406]1.5 hours is with a large orange Cannondale slowing us down (just kidding, please don't hurt me, Pete)

22 miles in 1.5 Hours?

Does Prof know CPR?

<em>Bom-chick-a-wa-wah</em>-style.</blockquote>

You're right IR, I've thought about it and have decided to send Vicstah to some CPR classes, just in case Fletcher Jones Jnr isn't available to take care of Him...

I just need to make sure I take a Camera on every ride now just in case.... :coolgrin:

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1215128040]

You're right IR, I've thought about it and have decided to send Vicstah to some CPR classes, just in case Fletcher Jones Jnr isn't available to take care of Him...

I just need to make sure I take a Camera on every ride now just in case.... :coolgrin:</blockquote>

Peter, if he?s there I?ll introduce you.

They?re trying to unload the '08s to make room for the '09s.

Now?s a good time to upgrade that lowly Jag.

They Finance!

(Smiley)

Back