3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

YLgirl said:
First time homebuyer here, moving down to Irvine from NorCal to be closer to my family. I am looking to purchase a townhome (Plan 2 or 3) at Lapis. I am a big fan of the Portola Springs area but unfortunately the other developments are getting out of my price range (such as Sierra). Do you think Lapis will hold its value/increase in value in the next few years? I know this is hard to predict, but I am hoping to live here for a few years and then eventually either sell and move into a larger home or turn it into an investment property.

I've been waiting for prices to stabilize or fall for the last couple of years and am worried if I don't get in now, I will be out of luck, especially in the Irvine area.

Welcome to TI.  Have you considered buying resale versus new construction?  I'm not sure Lapis will make for a good rental property.  I potentially have a few pocket listings of newer properties if you are open to buying resale.  Just PM or email me.

Here's the price sheet for Phase 3.  Looks like prices were up about $70k-$80k from Phase 2.

Attachments

• Phas3 Sierra Pricing.jpg
    Phas3 Sierra Pricing.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 239
USCTrojanCPA said:
Here's the price sheet for Phase 3.  Looks like prices were up about $70k-$80k from Phase 2.

Do you know if that's with or without preselected upgrades? If with, how much $ in preselected upgrades?

incognito said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Do you know if that's with or without preselected upgrades? If with, how much $ in preselected upgrades?

I believe that all of the prices include about $50k of pre-selected upgrades.

irviniteeee said:
Does anyone know what happened to Regalo?? Is it a no-go now?

I believe it was "cancelled". They removed it from their preview website and everything.

Cares said:
irviniteeee said:

I believe it was "cancelled". They removed it from their preview website and everything.

Regalo has been replaced by Fiore.  Currently being build by IP

Sysko said:
Cares said:
irviniteeee said:

Regalo has been replaced by Fiore.  Currently being build by IP

I'm curious where pricing will be given where Lapis and Seirra are priced at.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Heard that Sierra Phase 4 lot may be released on April 9th.

Are those going to be the first ones with "views"? I went to see the homes and I think the person said prices were going to jump due to that. But it's really just views of hills so...

New home sales fell again in Feb, 2 months in a row. 
Anytime inflation rate jump over 5% in the last 60 years, recession followed.  Happened in 1974, 1990 & 2008.  This time will be even worst with balance sheet tightening.  Even with the highest household income in Silicon Valley, home prices dropped 5-10% beginning of 2019 after 7 rates hikes in 2017-2018. Don?t be surprised 30 yrs fixed mortgage rates jump to 6% by the end of 2022.

Davidlee199 said:
Anytime inflation rate jump over 5% in the last 60 years, recession followed.  Happened in 1974, 1990 & 2008.  This time will be even worst with balance sheet tightening.  Even with the highest household income in Silicon Valley, home prices dropped 5-10% beginning of 2019 after 7 rates hikes in 2017-2018. Don?t be surprised 30 yrs fixed mortgage rates jump to 6% by the end of 2022.

New home sales were down due to supply not due to demand, all of my new home buyers homes have had their closing dates delayed by 1-2 months (including my dad's Sierra home).  Also, about 1/3 of all Irvine homes are paid for in cash so those buyers don't care where rates are.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Davidlee199 said:

New home sales were down due to supply not due to demand, all of my new home buyers homes have had their closing dates delayed by 1-2 months (including my dad's Sierra home).  Also, about 1/3 of all Irvine homes are paid for in cash so those buyers don't care where rates are.

He's trying to be the new LL, posting the same shit without context in 3 different threads.  ;D It's like he missed out and trying to will the Irvine home price down. He tried the same misinformation on Bluffs and Highland last month, claiming how those newly released homes weren't sold even though they were.

Here's the thing. Bluffs 2X was just released at $1.884M and it's already reserved. It was still on Zillow the past week and now it's taken down.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Davidlee199 said:

Is this a true statement?... I would think so but need to back that up with data..anyone??

Back