3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

SWATeam said:
In fact I have 2 in-laws who live in Celeste and Brisa and they are loving their homes and so far haven't had any huge issues with CalPac.  So technically, I'm good with CalPac as a builder until I experience otherwise.

By the way, I heard that extra space on the third floor with 2X and 2Y are actually the new trend/highly desirable feature of new homes these days.

I think one of these days we'll stop by and check out the model homes to see for ourselves what 2X looks like. The reason I even wanted 2X was for the view. I wouldn't even consider 2Y since it doesn't have view and having a bonus room on 3rd floor without view isn't something desirable to me. We have a huge bonus room on 2nd floor in our current home and we rarely use it.

Sorry for the past few "spam" posts here.  I was trying to edit some posts and several times hit the quote button accidentally  ;D.  Anyone know here how to remove posts?  Otherwise, I'll just leave those there.

I went to see the model homes today and the Plan 2 was locked and, according to Vivian, still getting its carpet dried.

It isn't something I would worry about at this point. Do any of the worriers know if this has been a pattern with the homebuilder's model homes at Jade Court, Citrine, Silverleaf, Montara, Carissa, Talise, Brisa, or Celeste? If not, then there is no reason for alarm. Sometimes the roofing contractor can rip a hole in the tar paper or improperly install a series of tiles. There is no reason to assume such an occurrence would be generalizable to a particular homebuilder.

I like Plan 1 better than Plan 3, but too bad Plan 1 doesn't have a 1st floor bdr. Can't wait to check out the Plan 2.

CogNeuroSci said:
I went to see the model homes today and the Plan 2 was locked and, according to Vivian, still getting its carpet dried.

It isn't something I would worry about at this point. Do any of the worriers know if this has been a pattern with the homebuilder's model homes at Jade Court, Citrine, Silverleaf, Montara, Carissa, Talise, Brisa, or Celeste? If not, then there is no reason for alarm. Sometimes the roofing contractor can rip a hole in the tar paper or improperly install a series of tiles. There is no reason to assume such an occurrence would be generalizable to a particular homebuilder.

I like Plan 1 better than Plan 3, but too bad Plan 1 doesn't have a 1st floor bdr. Can't wait to check out the Plan 2.

Wait are you sure it was plan 2 that got damage from the rain? The first major storm knocked plan 3 out of commission. I wasnt aware of plan 2 issue.

BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Wait are you sure it was plan 2 that got damage from the rain? The first major storm knocked plan 3 out of commission. I wasnt aware of plan 2 issue.
Uh oh?..another model home impacted?.?

sleepy5136 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

LOL, this is getting interesting. Yes, it was Plan 2 (the one in the middle) that was getting dried out today. So either it's a bad contractor or an inexperienced roofer who works for the contractor who did both roofs or it has nothing to do with the roofs but rather some person who left a bunch of windows open on different rainy days!

CogNeuroSci said:
sleepy5136 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

LOL, this is getting interesting. Yes, it was Plan 2 (the one in the middle) that was getting dried out today. So either it's a bad contractor or an inexperienced roofer who works for the contractor who did both roofs or it has nothing to do with the roofs but rather some person who left a bunch of windows open on different rainy days!
What are the odds that two separate groups of ppl would open up the windows of two separate model homes on two separate days? Quite hard to believe that would be the cause if you ask me. But who knows? ;)

My wife and I just stopped by today to get some flooring ideas.  All the models were open. 

Took a look at the Lapis models.  The middle unit was interesting if we wanted to buy one for my in-laws in the future.  Kinda like a 2 bedroom apartment 2nd floor only but 860k for that?  Jesus.

Back