3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

CogNeuroSci said:
I understand. Your Bluffs home is going to be awesome. I think $70000-$100000 in design center upgrades on a house in the price range that yours is in is reasonable.

After all said and done, Bluff can cost more than $1.7 mil. I would never imagine someone?d pay that much for a courtyard condo w/ no driveway parking in PS.  It?s even more insane that there is a long waiting list. I personally would pop 2-3 hundred more for SFR since it will appreciate way more than condo, better front proximity and no dual HOA...  Then again, waiting list for SFR is nut too.

CogNeuroSci said:
I understand. Your Bluffs home is going to be awesome. I think $70000-$100000 in design center upgrades on a house in the price range that yours is in is reasonable.

It's going to be more than $100k. There's stage 3 (countertops and bathrooms) and stage 4 (flooring) left. We want to do tiles downstairs and bathrooms and laundry, and engineered wood upstairs and stairs.

We will probably do windows treatment and close organizer after COE. And there's still backyard landscaping and trellis. I think that's at least $50k.

BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

After all said and done, Bluff can cost more than $1.7 mil. I would never imagine someone?d pay that much for a courtyard condo w/ no driveway parking in PS.  It?s even more insane that there is a long waiting list. I personally would pop 2-3 hundred more for SFR since it will appreciate way more than condo, better front proximity and no dual HOA...  Then again, waiting list for SFR is nut too.

Bluffs 2X will be more than $1.7M, but even with all the upgrades, I'm probably looking at $1.68M.

I mean, I would like to buy SFR too, but we're looking at $2M. There's just too much. Also, you still pay dual HOA for IP homes, regardless. HOA for Ravello, for example, is $299. And it's the same for Como and Lago. HOA is $299 in OH for all IP communities. Genoa and Cetara, on the other hand, probably don't pay dual HOA.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Bluffs 2X will be more than $1.7M, but even with all the upgrades, I'm probably looking at $1.68M.

I mean, I would like to buy SFR too, but we're looking at $2M. There's just too much. Also, you still pay dual HOA for IP homes, regardless. HOA for Ravello, for example, is $299. And it's the same for Como and Lago. HOA is $299 in OH for all IP communities. Genoa and Cetara, on the other hand, probably don't pay dual HOA.
OH is gated community though

Ravello pays $299 AND the Orchard Hills HOA which I believe is $289? Or is it just 1 HOA payment because that's news to me about the 2 HOA's payments.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

trematix said:
Ravello pays $299 AND the Orchard Hills HOA which I believe is $289? Or is it just 1 HOA payment because that's news to me about the 2 HOA's payments.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

HOA for Reserve at OH is $299 for all communities, including Ravello (true SFR), Como (quasi SFR), and Lago (detached condo).

HOA for PS is $139. True SFR like Elderberry is paying this only. On top of that, Bluffs and Highland and Hillside have to pay $115. I believe that Sierra is also only paying $139. Lapis, on the other hand, pays an extra $400 or something for being condo.

CalBears96 said:
trematix said:

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

HOA for Reserve at OH is $299 for all communities, including Ravello (true SFR), Como (quasi SFR), and Lago (detached condo).

HOA for PS is $139. True SFR like Elderberry is paying this only. On top of that, Bluffs and Highland and Hillside have to pay $115. I believe that Sierra is also only paying $139. Lapis, on the other hand, pays an extra $400 or something for being condo.

Most of the newer villages in Irvine have dual HOA structure:
1) SFRs pay only to master HOA
2) Attached/detached condos has master HOA and community HOA for maintaining courtyards, landscaping, walkways?surrounding the condos.

Not sure about OH but PS, GP, SG, EW, WB have similar structure.  My Stonegate SFR only pays $120 for master HOA but my friend?s condo couple of block away pays $120 HOA plus $160 for its community HOA.

BlackKnight said:
CalBears96 said:
trematix said:

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Most of the newer villages in Irvine have dual HOA structure:
1) SFRs pay only to master HOA
2) Attached/detached condos has master HOA and community HOA for maintaining courtyards, landscaping, walkways?surrounding the condos.

Not sure about OH but PS, GP, SG, EW, WB have similar structure.  My Stonegate SFR only pays $120 for master HOA but my friend?s condo couple of block away pays $120 HOA plus $160 for its community HOA.

EW has only the  Master HoA at 125$ for all detached homes ( SFR, detached condos). The low HOA and low Mello roos, make EW attractive in a way.

trematix said:

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Irvine is kind of all over the board with which Villages have 2 HOAs on detached condos and which ones only have 1 HOA but here's a quick summary...

Portola Springs - 2 HOAs
Stonegate - 1 HOA
Great Park - 1 HOA
Woodbury - 2 HOAs
Eastwood - 1 HOA
Woodbury East - 1 HOA
Cypress Village - 1 HOA
Laguna Altura - 1 HOA
Quail Hill - 2 HOAs
Oak Creek - 2 HOAs
Orchard Hills - 1 HOA
Turtle Ridge - 1 HOA
Woodbrige - 2 HOAs
Westpark - 2 HOAs
West Irvine - 2 HOAs

CalBears96 said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:
I thought I wouldn't pay $1.5M for a detached condo, but here I am, paying $1.56M for Bluffs 2. But I guess I still think we're lucky to get it. Someone already reserved it, but backed out after finding out the all the homes in this phase and next 3 already missed the Stage 2 upgrade deadline. So no electrical or cabinet upgrades. Fortunately, the more important upgrades, like countertop and back splash, are Stage 3, so we can accept whatever that's already included.

The base price is $1.48M, plus $70k exterior and lot premium, and about $10k designer selected interior upgrades. Fortunately, the more expensive upgrades (cabinets to ceiling and recess lights in bedrooms) were on our upgrade list anyway. We looked at the site this morning and were happy with the lot (~3900 sq ft), which is about 1100 sq ft larger than the base lot.

And the fact that base price will increase by $20k to $1.5M in next release (next week) really made us happy we had a chance to purchase this home.

Congratulations!!!
Did you end up getting Bluffs 2 on Poppyseed?

Thanks. Yes, I got Bluffs 2 on Poppyseed. It's lot 95, closer to Tail Reed side. This is one with bigger lot and it backs to Hillside homes that are on slightly higher elevation, so the back wall is really high and he last 7 ft or so of the back yard is sloped up.

Again...congratulations on your new home!!!
I had a feeling it was lot 95.  I figured it was either lot 95 or lot 98.
I think lot 95 is a great location!  There's more privacy since the Hillside homes are not directly behind the lot.

Attached is a pic I took a few weeks ago of the remaining lots in Bluffs.  Pic taken from Jaybird.

Sales lady said phase 26 will be released this week. I'm pretty sure that lot 98 will be released. It looks a bit bigger than my lot 95, so it's going to be close to $1.6M since she said base price for Bluffs has gone up from $1.48M to $1.5M for phase 26. For lot 95, the lot premium is $65k.

And yes, based on what we saw at the site, there is some privacy since lot 95 is between two Hillside homes. We are very satisfied with the location and lot size.

Do you have the price sheet for phase 26?

New phases are being released as fast as possible once every 2 weeks as mortgage rates will jump up to 4% by this summer or no later than 3rd qtr of this year. 

Sysko said:
Do you have the price sheet for phase 26?

I went in today for site tour and asked sales lady for phase 26 price sheet. She said she would only send out price sheet to prospective buyer. She will only email me the price sheet after all the homes have gone into contract, so that the prices are finalized. But she did mention that home site 98 is $1,579,995, which is $20k more than my home site 95. She said it has the same upgrades as my home, so base price went up $20k as she told me before.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I heard that they are releasing Phase 2 at Sierra next Saturday (Jan. 15th).

I stopped by Sierra today after checking out my Bluffs 2 home site. Too bad phase 2 wasn't released today.

USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
Crap.  Looks like the settlement date is going to get pushed back for the first 6 homes at Sierra.

Really, what's the estimate closing date now?  April?

Don?t know yet.  Supposed to have sent an updated schedule but didn?t get the email yet.  Says it?s due to the rain and a delay in the window shipment.

Back