2010 Woodbury/WB East New Home Collection

$925,000/2600sf = $356/sf

Hmmmm that is getting very close to the benchmark pricing. Recession is over, prices climb back to normal and California Room saves the housing industry.

Irvine Homeowners,

You all are living in old obsolete houses with old technology. You got to trade up to a home with California Room. This is the hottest invention since the Roman arch.

I would like an Irvine style California Room for my car. Covered patio sounds ghetto and carport sounds cheap. California Room sounds much more nouveau.

I can't wait to experience the California Room!

After each recession new housing products improve by leaps and bound. This California Room is indeed the I-phone of housing.

Hmmm. I thought i saw Sonoma starting in the mid-700s yesterday. Now they changed it to high-700s. These prices are too high!!!!!

[quote author="PANDA" date=1257939350]Hmmm. I thought i saw Sonoma starting in the mid-700s yesterday. Now they changed it to high-700s. These prices are too high!!!!!</blockquote>

It is totally worth it. Just think about the California Room! I have never seen anything like it in my entire career. I want this California Room so bad like IHO wanting his 3CWG.

what did people think was going to happen with a 0% interest policy - who'd leave excess cash lying around or refuse a 4.xx% 30 year loan? people will either take on more risk on investments to try to earn something (the dow breaking 10000 demonstrates this) OR perhaps even buy a new home to enjoy life a little.

does anyone know when laguna crossings will really be built? how about orchard hills?

Man.. it is clearly not the right time to buy right now or January 2010 as inventory is in the low 500s and rates are practically at 0%. I'd like to get in maybe at 4th or 5th phase. I will look for Irvine inventory to be 1500+ and mortgage rates at 10% or else I will just observe from a distance. Laguna Crossing is where i really want to be at.

A home for $900,000. Sitting under a California Room writing a mortgage check priceless. Just think about all the happiness the California Room would bring to your family.

Trust me. This thread is being monitored and the price setter will read all the comments and adjust the prices accordingly to test the water. The idea is to create a grand opening frenzy even though no homes would be for sale yet. Offer all kinds of food to attract the crowd and looky loos.

Blast through the media about the incredible sold out event. Have the interested buyers feel that they may not be the lucky ones to buy the limited units being released and by missing the phase one pricing that they will be priced out forever.

This is the oldest marketing trick but will work effectively. 20 billion of my Chinese comrads will fall for this tricks. Chinese are so smart with number on paper but so stupid with money in a sack.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1257940842]Man.. it is clearly not the right time to buy right now or January 2010 as inventory is in the low 500s and rates are practically at 0%. I'd like to get in maybe at 4th or 5th phase. I will look for Irvine inventory to be 1500+ and mortgage rates at 10% or else I will just observe from a distance. Laguna Crossing is where i really want to be at.</blockquote>

since this is all irvine company money (the builders are just fee builders) i would bet phase releases will only happen as homes sell and they will only sell if they are making money. laguna crossings is clearly a better location so prepare to pay more than woodbury - there are a lot of people waiting for laguna crossings and the irvine company has enough money to sit on it (its just graded dirt without all the major infrastructure) until they can generate some serious revenues out of it.

[quote author="sc fan" date=1257952184][quote author="PANDA" date=1257940842]Man.. it is clearly not the right time to buy right now or January 2010 as inventory is in the low 500s and rates are practically at 0%. I'd like to get in maybe at 4th or 5th phase. I will look for Irvine inventory to be 1500+ and mortgage rates at 10% or else I will just observe from a distance. Laguna Crossing is where i really want to be at.</blockquote>

since this is all irvine company money (the builders are just fee builders) i would bet phase releases will only happen as homes sell and they will only sell if they are making money. laguna crossings is clearly a better location so prepare to pay more than woodbury - there are a lot of people waiting for laguna crossings and the irvine company has enough money to sit on it (its just graded dirt without all the major infrastructure) until they can generate some serious revenues out of it.</blockquote>

Heh, that is what they said about Newport Coast in 92. Didn't turn out as expected as they had to pay for that "infrastructure" in the CFD bonds. Better to sell now and have the market catch up, but TIC will never learn. The bottom is in just like 93, right TIC? Wash, rinse and repeat. Suckers.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1257944938]Chinese are so smart with number on paper but so stupid with money in a sack.</blockquote>

As a fellow Chinaman, I LOL'd.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1257959105][quote author="sc fan" date=1257952184][quote author="PANDA" date=1257940842]Man.. it is clearly not the right time to buy right now or January 2010 as inventory is in the low 500s and rates are practically at 0%. I'd like to get in maybe at 4th or 5th phase. I will look for Irvine inventory to be 1500+ and mortgage rates at 10% or else I will just observe from a distance. Laguna Crossing is where i really want to be at.</blockquote>

since this is all irvine company money (the builders are just fee builders) i would bet phase releases will only happen as homes sell and they will only sell if they are making money. laguna crossings is clearly a better location so prepare to pay more than woodbury - there are a lot of people waiting for laguna crossings and the irvine company has enough money to sit on it (its just graded dirt without all the major infrastructure) until they can generate some serious revenues out of it.</blockquote>

Heh, that is what they said about Newport Coast in 92. Didn't turn out as expected as they had to pay for that "infrastructure" in the CFD bonds. Better to sell now and have the market catch up, but TIC will never learn. The bottom is in just like 93, right TIC? Wash, rinse and repeat. Suckers.</blockquote>

i don't think the irvine company would have floated their cfd bonds for orchard hills and laguna crossings yet and that should buy them all the time they need. does anybody here know any more about this? as far as woodbury the opposite it true, i am pretty sure they floated their cfd bonds and hence the "costco" inspired 2010 woodbury collection is here to monetize the land at woodbury and woodbury east...

Let me get this straight. The price setter is trying to create a frenzy by monitoring this thread to create a price point. In trying to doing so, they raised the price? What kind of frenzy are they trying to create?

What do you think the actual (final) price point would be then if you think they are going to adjust based on the frenzy?

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1257944938]Trust me. This thread is being monitored and the price setter will read all the comments and adjust the prices accordingly to test the water. The idea is to create a grand opening frenzy even though no homes would be for sale yet. Offer all kinds of food to attract the crowd and looky loos.

Blast through the media about the incredible sold out event. Have the interested buyers feel that they may not be the lucky ones to buy the limited units being released and by missing the phase one pricing that they will be priced out forever.

This is the oldest marketing trick but will work effectively. 20 billion of my Chinese comrads will fall for this tricks. Chinese are so smart with number on paper but so stupid with money in a sack.</blockquote>

[quote author="rickhunter" date=1257995101]Let me get this straight. The price setter is trying to create a frenzy by monitoring this thread to create a price point. In trying to doing so, they raised the price? What kind of frenzy are they trying to create?

What do you think the actual (final) price point would be then if you think they are going to adjust based on the frenzy?

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1257944938]Trust me. This thread is being monitored and the price setter will read all the comments and adjust the prices accordingly to test the water. The idea is to create a grand opening frenzy even though no homes would be for sale yet. Offer all kinds of food to attract the crowd and looky loos.

This is the oldest marketing trick but will work effectively. 20 billion of my Chinese comrads will fall for this tricks. Chinese are so smart with number on paper but so stupid with money in a sack.</blockquote></blockquote>

Ivy in Woodbury East is one example of the strategy. Chinese buyers are very competitive in nature and especially in buying a house. The pend up demand and limited release may push them to paying above market rate when they felt like they are the exclusively selected qualified buyers through the token pre-qualifying process. Those who bought in Ivy bragged about how successful they were and how they were hand selected from thousands of buyer applicants. The idea is to have the buyers walking away feeling like they just received a a one of a kind GFE .

Price setter is guaging the potential buyers reaction on this site. By hypothetically inflating the price on a website then when it is the actual time to release the home the seller lower the price to get the buyers excited by the price differences.

Before Ivy was released TIC advertised an inflated price in the website. TIC guaged the consumers reaction comments on IHB and decided to lower the prices during its initial phase 1 release. The consumers were thinking they got a deal of a lifetime.

This same strategy has worked in many shopping outlets such as Woodbury Common and Cabazon. By artificially inflating the price of items in the presale tag and then marking off the prices during the sale especially attracted Chinese consumers flocking to these outlets in groves.

<a href="http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SmartSpending/ConsumerActionGuide/are-outlet-malls-for-suckers.aspx">Outlet mall sale strategy</a>

The same pricing strategic pattern is now seen for the New Home Collection.

Oh, the way they're handling the IVY buyers is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as them raising the prices of these ridiculous new floor plans at WB. It's seriously a joke.

I'm waiting out for prices to change (crosses fingers!) next year, too. With the new buyer credit law passing to extend to April 30th, we want to jump at it!

Sales Process...

1. Email Guests, Invitation

2. Throw party

3. Get buyers to pre qualify

4. Select buyers based on qualifications

5. Sell homes

Does this sound any different than what went on or is going to go on at Woodbury, or any other sales event?

Does it sound like they are targeting a specific ethnicity?

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1257998751]

Ivy in Woodbury East is one example of the strategy. Chinese buyers are very competitive in nature and especially in buying a house. The pend up demand and limited release may push them to paying above market rate when they felt like they are the exclusively selected qualified buyers through the token pre-qualifying process. Those who bought in Ivy bragged about how successful they were and how they were hand selected from thousands of buyer applicants. The idea is to have the buyers walking away feeling like they just received a a one of a kind GFE .</blockquote>

If you are a Wang or Smith then you will likely to receive an mailer. If you are a Hernandez then I am not so sure.

Products are totally designed to avoid certain Feng Shui pit falls. The homes were designed with carefully placement of toilet locations. The plans reflect sensitivity to Asian philosophy.

The Chinese in me is really tempted to buy.... TIC is really drawing out the materialistic side to own the newest, greatest & latest toy; all justified with satisfying my perceived happiness in out-doing my peers & family with the wiliness to work my hands to the bone in lieu of being emotionally available to the family, wife and kid...

The Husband/Father in me is also tempted, but the price is still too high... but boy that drive to provide a nice place to the wife and kid is really strong... Got to be patient, have faith, keep focus and step back emotionally...

The Christian in me is disgusted... I still can't believe that I'm can still be temporarily tempted/obsessed/blinded by a inanimate object! It's a stupid California Room, a covered patio! The California Room will not bring you true happiness! Sure it might be neat, but sooner or later you'll be bored again... Focus on what is important, relationships, being (emotionally) present to the people you care about, don't stretch for any material possession. Wait and learn patience and contentment... wait on God, Irvine might be where we lay roots, but it might not... Realize that we are so blessed already, and we have so much to be thankful for already... Happiness is living life well, and we already have it living within God's will everyday, whether renting, owning; living in a one-bedroom or a mansion; in Irvine or in LA...

Back