2010 Woodbury/WB East New Home Collection

[quote author="Alex" date=1259463103][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

But when looking at the pictures, the road doesn't really seem like a shard driveway - looks more like a regular cul-de-sac road, without the cul-de-sac. Since all homes are supposed to have FULL driveways, according to the Villages of Irvine site (under home amenities), this really doesn't look like a "shared driveway" or a "motorcourt", but just a regular small road. Does anyone else agree?</blockquote>

Oh Alex, this is why this is called a rendering. Rendering is to create an illusion.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1259463971][quote author="Alex" date=1259463103][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

But when looking at the pictures, the road doesn't really seem like a shard driveway - looks more like a regular cul-de-sac road, without the cul-de-sac. Since all homes are supposed to have FULL driveways, according to the Villages of Irvine site (under home amenities), this really doesn't look like a "shared driveway" or a "motorcourt", but just a regular small road. Does anyone else agree?</blockquote>

Oh Alex, this is why this is called a rendering. Rendering is to create an illusion.</blockquote>

Oh BK, I am talking about the photos Matchbox took. The real photos.

[quote author="zovall" date=1259294112][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1255831423]Pricing structure for the SFRs is interesting:

Also... by the map, it shows that Carmel will be in the same area as Montecito.</blockquote>

Here's what the <a href="http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Woodbury-Homes.aspx">website for Woodbury</a> says now:

La Casella - from the mid $600,000s

Montecito - from the low $700,000s

Sonoma - from the mid $700,000s

Carmel - from the low $900,000s

Villa Rosa - from the low $1,000,000s

Here's <a href="http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Woodbury-East-Homes.aspx">Woodbury East</a>:

Ivy - from the high $300,000s

Santa Rosa - from the low $300,000s

Monterey - from the high $400,000s

Coronado - from the high $500,000s

Santa Cruz - from the mid $600,000s</blockquote>

Kinda makes sense why they lowered Sonoma prices. The rear yards there are smaller than Montecitos and although larger in living space, the homes seem more tighly packed.

(Sonoma is also on Woodbury's East side. I have heard fellow residents tease that the east side is "da slums" of Woodbury. I guess you get more riff raff being up by the Town Center)

[quote author="Alex" date=1259464065][quote author="bkshopr" date=1259463971][quote author="Alex" date=1259463103][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

Oh Alex, this is why this is called a rendering. Rendering is to create an illusion.</blockquote>

Oh BK, I am talking about the photos Matchbox took. The real photos.</blockquote>

I will see if I can take more photos within the next week unless Roundcorners gets to it. The Montecito homes have now been plastered and painted. These are much narrower than a typical CDS.

[quote author="Matchbox" date=1259475361][quote author="Alex" date=1259464065][quote author="bkshopr" date=1259463971][quote author="Alex" date=1259463103][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

Oh BK, I am talking about the photos Matchbox took. The real photos.</blockquote>

I will see if I can take more photos within the next week unless Roundcorners gets to it. The Montecito homes have now been plastered and painted. These are much narrower than a typical CDS.</blockquote>

Great! I'll be looking forward to them :)

I'm saving up my pretty pennies for a 16 gig micro sd card, so I can get the pics of Sonoma off my phone... the BF deals weren't good enough, in case anyone is wondering (including wife) that is my simple X-mas wish-list...

Anyways.. the kid and I snuck into Sonoma Thanksgiving morning... We went into all three plans, the dry walls were up, windows & paint. Plan two the one in the middle had nice panel windows that extend the entire dinning room (I think they might have enclosed the cal-room); and that is my favorite so far. I like how the two had main floor bedrooms. The sidewalks are done, and I confirm the addition of 6 more foundations poured on Rolling Green...

[quote author="Alex" date=1259463103][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

But when looking at the pictures, the road doesn't really seem like a shared driveway - looks more like a regular cul-de-sac road, without the cul-de-sac. Since all homes are supposed to have FULL driveways, according to the Villages of Irvine site (under home amenities), this really doesn't look like a "shared driveway" or a "motorcourt", but just a regular small road. Does anyone else agree?</blockquote>

I went back and looked at the picture again, it doesn't look big enough for a "regular small road". I dont think it's big enough to park any cars on either side of it. And also keep in mind that they may make the driveway wider in the models than they do in the rest of the development. Even looking at that image, if you have cars parked on both sides of that ...."road".... I dont think you could even squeeze a car down the middle of it, thus without parking it's an alley or motorcourt by definition i presume...

[quote author="Fishy333" date=1256087884][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256087364][quote author="Fishy333" date=1256086978][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

These homes look so close to each other and it doesn't seem like there will be room for a front yard. How can they call these "traditional SFH"?</blockquote>

Imagine those 3 homes mirrored on the other side of the driveway. I think this photo would not be possible once the project is built out.</blockquote>

Not only does it not have a front yard those driveways look very short. Can you even fit a Mini on your drive way?

Yes very true about the homes on the other side. It will make the area very compact looking.

Thanks for the pics matchbox.</blockquote>

The Montecito Homes will have FULL driveways. I believe that it is required by law to have it 18' deep? Someone correct me please. But yes, Montecito homes will have full driveways, so you can fit a Mini if you would like, or a Lincoln TownCar and still have enough room.

Matchbox, any luck on the updated pictures?

[quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1259640692][quote author="Alex" date=1259463103][quote author="Matchbox" date=1256086660]Here's another showing Montecito's shared driveway.</blockquote>

But when looking at the pictures, the road doesn't really seem like a shared driveway - looks more like a regular cul-de-sac road, without the cul-de-sac. Since all homes are supposed to have FULL driveways, according to the Villages of Irvine site (under home amenities), this really doesn't look like a "shared driveway" or a "motorcourt", but just a regular small road. Does anyone else agree?</blockquote>

I went back and looked at the picture again, it doesn't look big enough for a "regular small road". I dont think it's big enough to park any cars on either side of it. And also keep in mind that they may make the driveway wider in the models than they do in the rest of the development. Even looking at that image, if you have cars parked on both sides of that ...."road".... I dont think you could even squeeze a car down the middle of it, thus without parking it's an alley or motorcourt by definition i presume...</blockquote>

Hmm..You could be right, but I think in order to really get an accurate estimate, you would have to look at it yourself. The picture may make the "street" a lot smaller or a lot bigger. We will have to wait until the models open I guess.

Back