Author Topic: Short Rivian?  (Read 5304 times)

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 266
Re: Short Rivian?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 09:33:52 AM »
Rivn isn't something I would trade myself but 70 is way out of the money. if it went from 3 to 5, that is a 67% gain. I'd be happy if I got that in a day or two.

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 264
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:05 AM »
So for calls and puts, are most money made when they are exercised or is it to sell the contract?

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 812
  • -Received: 521
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2021, 10:29:03 AM »
Just need to haul some diesel generator and diesel fuel to charge the battery in the camp site.

From looking at the articles. It looks like a mini RV with the cooking and camping features.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/rivian-r1t-coolest-electric-pickup-truck/

Its the hype! Some people say it is the coolest electric pickup truck. lol
The sliding kitchenette and rooftop tent. (optional)

Dont ask me how they are going to charge the vehicle at the campsite to drive back. Haha
It says 300 miles range for the low end and 400 miles for the high end battery. (Should be enough idk)

Thanks for the post. That is an option.
I noticed that some camp sites have electric hookup. (trickle charge?)

Most RV campgrounds will have electric hookups (50 amp or 30 amp), but the appeal of a 4x4 is to go where normal RV's can't go. 

Another option that is popular with dry campers is portable solar panels.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 660
  • -Received: 594
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2021, 11:27:54 AM »
Rivn isn't something I would trade myself but 70 is way out of the money. if it went from 3 to 5, that is a 67% gain. I'd be happy if I got that in a day or two.

That would be true if you were lucky enough to buy it on yesterdays close but people here look like they grabbed it the day before when it was over $5...like comedy...timing is everything.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 37
  • -Received: 137
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2021, 11:39:22 AM »

Yeah, I think 70 is way out of the money. I bought another put yesterday to average down. I sold both puts this morning with a little gain.

I did one buy June $100 put yesterday since I figured that (1) it's after the lockup period and (2) $100 is much more achievable since it was trading at $100 on the IPO day.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »
So for calls and puts, are most money made when they are exercised or is it to sell the contract?

It takes a lot of money to exercise the call/put, so it's more profitable to sell the contract. And percentage wise, it's a whole lot more profitable to just trade calls/puts.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 660
  • -Received: 594
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2021, 08:07:42 AM »
Take a good look at those March 70 puts...closed yesterday in the $5 range and as the stock dropped $20 plus points today, it went....down.  Closed $3.70x3.80 down $2.19.  Premium lost while the stock went in its direction...watch out.

These Option guys are amazing..revisit this trade after a month and a half of time premium lost, the stock is down another 30 points and the put?....Still arond $5.00...If you put that trade on in November , you took a lot of risk and are flat.

Offline BlackKnight

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 6
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2021, 08:16:03 AM »
Just loaded 100 shares. Long on Rivian for at least 5 years. If it doesnt make it, it’s only a few grands.  :D
Once you go black, you’ll never go black.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 266
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2021, 10:14:47 AM »
Just loaded 100 shares. Long on Rivian for at least 5 years. If it doesnt make it, it’s only a few grands.  :D

If you like Rivian u might want to take a flyer on Nikola

Offline BlackKnight

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »

Lol Nikola. R u kidding me? Where is its founder who defrauded investors with rolling the truck down the hill for demonstration? Dude was trying so hard to prove his case on Twitter. 

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2021, 01:41:51 PM »

Lol Nikola. R u kidding me? Where is its founder who defrauded investors with rolling the truck down the hill for demonstration? Dude was trying so hard to prove his case on Twitter.

Yeah, I would stay away from Nikola. I'm not invested in Rivian (bought a couple of puts when it was at $170, but sold for profit), but I hope it succeeds because I really dislike the way Cybertruck looks.

Offline BlackKnight

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »

Yeah, I would stay away from Nikola. I'm not invested in Rivian (bought a couple of puts when it was at $170, but sold for profit), but I hope it succeeds because I really dislike the way Cybertruck looks.

I dont do day trading. That’s not investment. I saw R1T on the road in Irvine last week. It looks beautiful. I trust my gut feelings.  It is the same I felt when i saw few model 3 driving around Irvine  four years ago. I loaded quite a few shares of Tesla right after that and still holding on to those shares till this day.

It’s only $10k in Rivian. High risk high reward. 😀 I think Rivian’s potential is totally worth the risk.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:55:07 PM by BlackKnight »

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2021, 03:00:50 PM »

I dont do day trading. That’s not investment. I saw R1T on the road in Irvine last week. It looks beautiful. I trust my gut feelings.  It is the same I felt when i saw few model 3 driving around Irvine  four years ago. I loaded quite a few shares of Tesla right after that and still holding on to those shares till this day.

It’s only $10k in Rivian. High risk high reward. 😀 I think Rivian’s potential is totally worth the risk.
The only concern I have is the constant narrative that higher interest rates will cause unprofitable companies to collapse in a rising interest rate environment. Rivian and lucid fall into this category. I do think the narrative is quite BS since a lot of these companies are reinvesting in their business instead of pleasing wall st.

Offline BlackKnight

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2021, 07:36:00 AM »

The only concern I have is the constant narrative that higher interest rates will cause unprofitable companies to collapse in a rising interest rate environment. Rivian and lucid fall into this category. I do think the narrative is quite BS since a lot of these companies are reinvesting in their business instead of pleasing wall st.

This may be the case with Lucid but not Rivian.  Considered rivalry between Bezos and Musk, no way Bezos would let Rivian failed. Worst case scenario, Amazon will take over Rivian.  Bezos needs his delivery fleet going green by 2030.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »

This may be the case with Lucid but not Rivian.  Considered rivalry between Bezos and Musk, no way Bezos would let Rivian failed. Worst case scenario, Amazon will take over Rivian.  Bezos needs his delivery fleet going green by 2030.

Agreed. If worse comes to worst, Bezos will just pump money into Rivian. Rivian has the orders. Just need to ramp up production, which will be a bit troublesome initially, until the chip shortage eases off, most likely in 2023.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by Yousr
[Today at 02:36:13 PM]

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by OCtoSV
[Today at 12:50:52 PM]

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by CalBears96
[Today at 12:17:18 PM]

Re: Housing Analysis by USCTrojanCPA