Author Topic: The Elephant in the room  (Read 1924 times)

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
Re: The Elephant in the room
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 04:15:45 PM »
Inciting violence has nothing to do with First Amendment rights

Offline inv0ke-epipen

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 70
  • -Received: 60
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »
Agreed.

I fully support deplatforming of MAGA for that and other arguments. I also hope other cults on twitter like rose twitter, antifa, and some BLM elements are also deplatformed when they incite violence.

I’ve seen truly despicable crap on there and am glad the toilet is finally getting flushed.

Use Twitter to share dog pics. Go get a soapbox and stand on a street corner if you want to spew bile.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 526
  • -Received: 489
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 04:21:45 PM »
Puleeze...this is not inciting violence...

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
 ;D ;) >:D
...that's all ya got Twitts? what a bunch of dopes..

Offline inv0ke-epipen

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »
He gave a speech at a rally, people proceeded to walk directly to capitol and  breach it. Is it that hard to put 1 and 2 together?

Anything short of full condemnation from him of his supporters and admitting to fanning the flames of a conspiracy is continuing to encourage violence.

I know you probably get this, and can read between the lines on Trump’s speech and actions.

Edited to be less aggressive :)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 04:27:01 PM »
Always ask for forgiveness...not permission...especially when you know you are wrong.

Twitter was wrong to block weblinks to an unverified political story, CEO Jack Dorsey said on Friday, as the company responded to criticism over its handling of the story that had prompted cries of censorship from the right.

“Straight blocking of URLs was wrong, and we updated our policy and enforcement to fix,” he tweeted. “Our goal is to attempt to add context, and now we have capabilities to do that.”

After initially blocking people from sharing links to the story Wednesday, on Friday Twitter was letting its users to post the link. It served as demonstration of how quickly things can change when it comes to social media, misinformation and the coming U.S. election as companies try to navigate unprecedented times.

https://apnews.com/article/business-media-social-media-censorship-ec529ef85c1e72cefe0ae9450e118b9c

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »
There’s no question the president formed the mob,” Representative Liz Cheney, Republican from Wyoming, told Fox News. “The president incited the mob. The president addressed the mob. He lit the flame.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/us/politics/trump-speech-capitol.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 04:28:55 PM »
He gave a speech at a rally, people proceeded to walk directly to capitol and  breach it. Is it that hard to put 1 and 2 together?

Anything short of full condemnation from him of his supporters and admitting to fanning the flames of a conspiracy is continuing to encourage violence.

I know you probably get this, and can read between the lines on Trump speech and actions. Or maybe you can’t? Not all of us are equally abled.

Please...post the words in that speech that specifically directed the crowd to do what it did....(hint:...there aren't any)

Offline inv0ke-epipen

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 04:32:17 PM »

I know you probably get this, and can read between the lines on Trump speech and actions. Or maybe you can’t? Not all of us are equally abled.

Please...post the words in that speech that specifically directed the crowd to do what it did....(hint:...there aren't any)

There doesn’t need to be. Trump claiming the election being stolen is the incitement, and failing to condemn insurgents is the greenlight for violence to continue.

This is clear to me, if it’s not for you I guess we’ll just need
to agree to disagree here.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 472
  • -Received: 745
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 04:32:42 PM »
Inciting violence has nothing to do with First Amendment rights

I did not vote for Pence. Pence was a congressman and then became VP. He has kids that are in the military. That being said, I might not agree with his views, but I respect him. Keyword respect!

The things that Trump supporters said and chanting about Pence was wrong and nasty. The funny thing is they call themselves patriots. But patriots do not do that kind of crap at the capital and threaten people.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 04:33:21 PM »
On that note we agree.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 260
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2021, 04:34:46 PM »

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 04:36:09 PM »
Rudy called for "trial by combat" right before Trump took the stage

There were both implicit and explicit marching orders given. I don't think gray language, plausible deniability, or just acting dumb (Acting?) are going to convince anybody.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2617
  • -Received: 3957
  • 3CWG
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2021, 04:39:37 PM »
We got it all wrong... they were saying "Hey my fence! Hey my fence!" because they wanted Congress to check their property boundaries.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 952
  • -Received: 1161
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2021, 04:39:42 PM »
@inv0ke-epipen

Agree with you on what Twitter was.

I had an account starting in early 2009 and dumped it for many reasons - some related to employment issues, weird and unsolicited DM's, as well as how generally toxic Twitter had become. Same with FB, etc.

Dog pictures, memes, news (not opinion) is how it started out, but now it's much much more - a mirror into the souls of men so to speak. I'd rather spend time on other things frankly. It was a great idea, but as to where it's gone now I don't see how there could be much of a way back to balance.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2021, 04:48:20 PM »
Rudy called for "trial by combat" right before Trump took the stage

There were both implicit and explicit marching orders given. I don't think gray language, plausible deniability, or just acting dumb (Acting?) are going to convince anybody.

Ahhh so now it is a conspiracy with Rudy shouldering the blame...thin, very thin.  Get a tape of specific orders and you may have something. This is all subjective and weak.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Stock picks by Cornflakes
[Yesterday at 11:56:31 PM]

Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes by USCTrojanCPA
[Yesterday at 09:14:50 PM]

Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes by irvineboy
[Yesterday at 08:35:13 PM]

Re: Stock picks by Kenkoko