Author Topic: Congress Elections  (Read 9386 times)

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
Re: Congress Elections
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2021, 05:05:14 AM »
Going to break the Godwin rule.

Goering, Himmler, and the rest of that leadership cadre were notorious for doing exactly what Trump did. Especially in the early days, they would vaguely reference, I.e we’ll like them a little less, let the minions do whatever and then ignore the results, praise the minions etc.

Just listen to the Saturday Georgia call. 

Actually you didn’t break Godwin’s rule. Godwin himself made a special exception... for ex President Trump.

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."[12] In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging comparisons of its alt-right organizers to Nazis.[13][14][15][16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law#Generalization,_corollaries,_and_usage

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2021, 05:11:44 AM »
Double
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 05:17:14 AM by icey »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2660
  • -Received: 4009
  • 3CWG
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2021, 12:44:19 PM »
@morekaos: Where were you last Wednesday? The po-po are coming. :)

160 arrests so far... will probably end up way higher.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 492
  • -Received: 773
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2021, 11:09:05 PM »

Rueters via Yahoo: Walmart, Disney suspend contributions to U.S. lawmakers who opposed Biden certification

Walmart Inc, the world's biggest retailer and Walt Disney Co joined other major companies in indefinitely suspending donations to U.S. lawmakers who voted against President-elect Joe Biden's election certification.

Disney, the entertainment company, said in a statement that in the "immediate aftermath of that appalling siege, members of Congress had an opportunity to unite — an opportunity that some sadly refused to embrace. In light of these events, we have decided we will not make political contributions in 2021 to lawmakers who voted to reject the certification of the Electoral College votes."

Other blue-chip companies including AT&T Inc, Amazon.com Inc and Mastercard Inc announced similar moves in the past several days.

General Motors Co said on Tuesday it had paused all political contributions after the Capitol events.

It joined other firms such as JPMorgan Chase & Co, Alphabet Inc's Google and Union Pacific Corp in withholding contributions from all members of Congress, rather than targeting those who opposed Biden's certification.

The announcements indicate that some corporate donors, which usually give money to Republicans and Democrats alike, are reassessing their strategy after supporters of outgoing Republican President Donald Trump attacked the Capitol last week, aiming to prevent Congress from certifying Biden's win. Five people died, including a police officer.

Before the assault on the seat of Congress, Trump urged supporters to march to the Capitol to protest the Nov. 3 election results, which he has falsely claimed were "rigged."

When lawmakers reconvened after the incident, 147 Republicans in the House of Representatives and Senate voted to challenge the Democratic president-elect’s victory in Pennsylvania or Arizona, even though both states already formally certified the results and election officials say there were no significant problems with the vote.

It is unclear whether the companies' decisions will have a lasting impact. The time period immediately after an election is typically a lull for fundraising activity.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/walmart-disney-suspend-contributions-u-210626390.html

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 553
  • -Received: 515
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2021, 11:16:05 PM »
It won’t. Virtue signaling and corporate FOMO. In a month it’ll be business as usual. The game goes on...

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2021, 07:23:43 AM »
Bloomberg news: Deutsche Bank, Signature Cutting Ties With Trump After Riots

Deutsche Bank AG and Signature Bank, two of Donald Trump’s favored lenders, are pulling away from the billionaire president in the wake of last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The German lender has decided not to conduct any further business with Trump and his company, said two people with knowledge of the matter, asking not to be identified because the deliberations were confidential. Trump owes the Frankfurt-based lender more than $300 million.

Signature Bank, the New York lender that’s long catered to his family, is closing two personal accounts in which Trump held about $5.3 million, a spokesperson for the firm said on Monday. It’s also calling for the president to step aside before his term officially ends on Jan. 20.

“We believe the appropriate action would be the resignation of the president of the United States, which is in the best interests of our nation and the American people,” the bank said in a separate statement on Monday.

The lenders are following social media outlets and other companies in suspending ties with the president after he encouraged attendees at a rally last week to march on the Capitol, where they stormed the building and interrupted the certification of the electoral college vote. At least five people died in the mayhem and its immediate aftermath.

“Yesterday was a dark day for America and our democracy,” Deutsche Bank Americas head Christiana Riley posted on LinkedIn a day after the riot. “We are proud of our Constitution and stand by those who seek to uphold it to ensure that the will of the people is upheld and a peaceful transition of power takes place.”

We have never before commented on any political matter and hope to never do so again,” Signature said in its statement. The bank will not do business in the future with any members of Congress who voted to disregard the electoral college, the spokesperson said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-12/trump-s-long-favored-banks-pull-back-amid-fallout-from-d-c-riot

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »

And the plot thickens and gets interesting. People are now pointing fingers.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1038
  • -Received: 1218
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »
I thought this whole "Senators and House Members objecting to the election results in" sounded familiar....

For your reading pleasure:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/politics/electoral-college-vote-count-objections/index.html

My .02c

SGIP

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 553
  • -Received: 515
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:42 PM »
Stop pointing out your antiquated facts....That happened many many days ago!! Things have changed!!...Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain... ;D ;D >:D

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2021, 01:34:37 PM »
I thought this whole "Senators and House Members objecting to the election results in" sounded familiar....

For your reading pleasure:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/politics/electoral-college-vote-count-objections/index.html

Notice that Biden did his job and there were no domestic terrorist invaders. :)
I recommend:

• Thanks
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
Yes. I noticed it @Irvinehomeowner.  Moving from 2017 to 2021 we're told THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!! CHALLENGING THE ELECTION IS SEDITION!!! MEMBERS SHOULD BE PUSHED OUT OF THE SENATE AND HOUSE!!!! it's all politics, run through the prism of convenient memory-holing of the facts. Facts, as we know, are stubborn things.

A few Senators and many House Members are traitors to this nation (per the high clown priestess Pelosi) yet what happened a mere 3.75 years ago. Yes, there was an assault on the Capitol - after and during the challenge to this Election. These two issues have run parallel to each other - one is an armed insurrection, the other is reasoned debate being called sedition.

I don't seem to recall some of the 2017 election contenstors being shut out of fundraising, deplatformed on social media, or considered Anti-American. If you can find a similar hyper-reaction from the Right in 2017 I'd welcome the read all about it.

PS: Add this to the "Never happened before!!!" List:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_United_States_Senate_bombing

My .02c 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:52:56 AM by Soylent Green Is People »
My .02c

SGIP

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »
Nor did I @Irvinehomeowner.

When we're told THIS NEVER HAPPENED. CHALLENGING THE ELECTION IS SEDITION!!! MEMBERS SHOULD BE PUSHED OUT OF THE SENATE AND HOUSE!!!! it's all politics, run through the prism of convenient memory-holing of the facts.

A few Senators and many House Members are traitors to this nation (per the high clown priestess Pelosi) yet what happened a mere 3.75 years ago. Yes, there was an assault on the Capitol - after and during the challenge to this Election. These two issues have run parallel to each other - one is an armed insurrection, the other is reasoned debate being called sedition.

I don't seem to recall some of the 2017 election contenstors being shut out of fundraising, deplatformed on social media, or called a traitors. If you can find a similar hyper-reaction I'd welcome the read all about it.

My .02c 

The two cannot be compared. I know you are trying to make a parallel but it doesn't work... this is morekaos level equivalency.
I recommend:

• Thanks
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2021, 02:24:24 PM »
2017 - House members object to electors and election irregularities.
2021 - House and Senate members object to electors and election irregularities.

Now compare media treatment of House members in 2017 and House and Senate members in 2021.

@Irvinehomeowner, you are right in one respect - these two things cannot be compared. The backlash by the compliant media and political dolts today was nothing like it was in 2017.

The insurrection was one thing. The underlying approach by House and Senate members to the issue of election irregularities is another.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2021, 02:57:05 PM »
Are you sure there wasn't backlash?

And again, different circumstances... based on the article, the Dems in 2017 did not formalize their objections correctly as Biden had requested... I'm assuming the Repubs did. And... the Repubs continued with their objection even after the insurrection at the Capitol. Had there been a similar terrorist act in 2017, the backlash would probably be the same.

Sorry, man, you really need to work on proving your points. I'm still waiting for all that voter fraud evidence from you.
I recommend:

• Thanks
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2021, 03:29:49 PM »
There is no level of voter fraud evidence that will ever meet the standards of the "Don't look at that...It doesn't fit the definition of fraud" crowd. If I have 1... it's not enough. If someone else posts 10.... it's not enough. If there was 1,000 examples, sorry... those goal lines have moved.

Here's one - while not mass individual voter fraud, it's mass vote fraud perpetrated by one person:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/ag-paxton-san-antonio-election-fraudster-arrested-widespread-vote-harvesting-and-fraud-0

I am hoping the same thing that was done post 2000 election in Florida by independent journalists will be done post 2020 election. Everyone ranted and raved about how Bush stole Florida. Funny thing though is that after recount, recount, recount, and recount, the same result came through - by the very smallest of margins, Bush won Florida fair and square. Some non-partisan digging after things calm down a bit is warranted. I'm sure everyone can agree to that no matter your political bent.

You can still find people in 2021 swearing back and forth about Bush was never legitimately elected. In 2021 you can still find Hillary and company cursing up and down that she was cheated out of winning by them dang Rooskies. My guess is in 2041 you'll still hear Trumpers saying the election was stolen. 

Time will tell. It always does.

My .02c
My .02c

SGIP

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal