Author Topic: Padova in Orchard Hills  (Read 3209 times)

Online Chegg

• Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
Re: Padova in Orchard Hills
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »
Thanks for those figures Mike, I'll definitely be reaching out to you for your guy.

Going to assume that my puny 4K sq. ft. lot is going to help me save some money....  What type of build-in BBQ set up did you do?

Offline mhanism

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 5
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 04:28:32 PM »
Oh don't say puny! You can make it pretty darn nice and do some fun stuff. We rarely spent time in our backyard in our last home, current home, and I bet our next home. For the built in - our guy is basically building the structure, running the gas, drain and water lines, and installing the grill. For the grill itself, we're just going with the brand they recommend - which is the Bull Angus. I looked up the grill and it's pretty legit.

We don't have a grill here at our rental, and I miss being able to go out and grill up a steak or whatever meat. Was thinking about getting a small charcoal weber, but probably not worth the trouble.

Which phase are you guys in? 20 or 21?

Online Chegg

• Thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 06:03:25 PM »
21...  you were spot on about burning through that builder credit too...  trying to find areas to scale back on...   :-\

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 27
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »
Good time to bring up a some quick financial 2 cents. Obviously only the buyer can decide what they want to spend for their quality of life. From a financial perspective for Padova you’ll want to max out landscaping around 50s, and inside around 150. Beyond that your RoI starts taking a nosedive when it comes to resell as no one wants to pay you that much for a Padova. There’s one that’s been sitting around on and out of escrow a few times as a cautionary tale.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 08:46:35 PM »
Good time to bring up a some quick financial 2 cents. Obviously only the buyer can decide what they want to spend for their quality of life. From a financial perspective for Padova you’ll want to max out landscaping around 50s, and inside around 150. Beyond that your RoI starts taking a nosedive when it comes to resell as no one wants to pay you that much for a Padova. There’s one that’s been sitting around on and out of escrow a few times as a cautionary tale.

is that the Plan 4 corner lot with the nice pool and landscaping? They had it listed i believe for 2.3 but seems like it's in escrow unless it came out. I was told they spent over 400k in landscaping alone and over 250k in upgrades.

Online Chegg

• Thanks
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 10:47:27 AM »

Really good insight, and I agree 100%.  The large incentive Shea offered ultimately drove me to pick Padova over Palermo.

Offline mhanism

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 5
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 11:26:40 AM »

is that the Plan 4 corner lot with the nice pool and landscaping? They had it listed i believe for 2.3 but seems like it's in escrow unless it came out. I was told they spent over 400k in landscaping alone and over 250k in upgrades.

It's a beautiful home, lots of upgrades, pool, but its so darn close to the toll road. A lot of the homes in Phase 1 Padova are an earshot away from the toll, hence they all have major water features or pools in their backyards.

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 425
  • -Received: 629
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »
Is the toll road noise that bad? I thought TIC built a giant dirt berm, walls, and trees.

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 06:29:52 PM »
Is the toll road noise that bad? I thought TIC built a giant dirt berm, walls, and trees.

I saw it and they had music playing in the house and in the backyard along with the water features going so you couldn't hear much of anything else.

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 06:30:15 PM »

Really good insight, and I agree 100%.  The large incentive Shea offered ultimately drove me to pick Padova over Palermo.

Would you be able to PM me what incentives they offered?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2359
  • -Received: 1867
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 07:41:57 PM »

I was able to get one of my buyers a design center credit of $125k for their Padova home.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 07:58:00 PM »

Any incentives people tell you they got would no longer apply fyi. They have gone down since the height of covid scare back in march.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 08:01:50 PM »
And yes I was referring to the royal pine house. It was originally listed long ago at like 2.7 before they canceled and tried again at 2.5. I wonder what the current offer they went into escrow for is. Might be taking a loss at this point after fees and everything. Its definitely a nice house though. Some of the design choices and colors they chose could have been more universally appealing.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »
And yes I was referring to the royal pine house. It was originally listed long ago at like 2.7 before they canceled and tried again at 2.5. I wonder what the current offer they went into escrow for is. Might be taking a loss at this point after fees and everything. Its definitely a nice house though. Some of the design choices and colors they chose could have been more universally appealing.

Yea i agree. Just felt the lack of office and/or loft affected it for us personally and the fact they paid 50% of their home value in landscaping and upgrades alone, I just didnt feel it was worth it at that price basically. Was the backyard nice? Heck yea but would I pay 450k for it on a $1.5 house? hell no.

Online Chegg

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2020, 08:58:39 AM »

I was able to get $125K with a base price of $1.475M.  I believe they've since cut back on the incentives offered. now it's at $75K-$100K and increased the base price of their home by $10K-$20K.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal