Author Topic: Crimes/protests related to COVID  (Read 2183 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 472
  • -Received: 745
Re: Crimes/protests related to COVID
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
Not handling the pandemic well: Man fires AK-47 at cops after refusing to wear mask in cigar store

A Pennsylvania man has been charged with 31 crimes across two counties, including seven counts of attempted murder of a police officer, after authorities say he fired an AK-47 at state troopers following a mask dispute at a cigar store.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/not-handling-pandemic-well-man-fires-ak-47-cops-after-refusing-wear-mask-cigar-store/DZLFPI6KB5DXBMHPKTV7VVV4PQ/

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 03:54:51 PM »
Kind of really close by.

CBS News: Anti-Mask Rant Caught On Camera At Tustin Costco

A customer’s outrage about wearing masks was caught on camera on Sunday inside a Tustin Costco.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/12/13/anti-mask-rant-caught-on-camera-at-tustin-costco/

Check out the video. The guy had a megaphone standing on top of the clothes pallet.
Qwerty did you go to Costco? jkjk

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2706
  • -Received: 1792
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 05:42:44 PM »
I think that was a white guy :-)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 06:06:05 PM »

How about the guy that gave a fist bump? ;) was that you?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:19:29 PM by eyephone »

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »

Another white guy :-)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 07:32:50 PM »

From a distance could look Latino. (wink)

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »

If I was there people would have been filming my calves not that guy on the bullhorn :-)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 08:21:34 PM »

If I was there people would have been filming my calves not that guy on the bullhorn :-)

That guy looks like he’s in shape (guy that gave the fist bump). That is why I thought it was you.   8);)

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 10:06:47 AM »
Kind of really close by.

A customer’s outrage about wearing masks was caught on camera on Sunday inside a Tustin Costco.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/12/13/anti-mask-rant-caught-on-camera-at-tustin-costco/

Check out the video. The guy had a megaphone standing on top of the clothes pallet.

Anti-mask guy and fist bumpers are irresponsible fucking assholes. Orange County is now out of ICU beds. LA County has a wait time and is nearly exhausted. Pretty much all ICUs in Southern California and Nevada are exhausted.

This also means if you have a life threatening emergency, you’ll be waiting also.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/los-angeles-covid-19-l-a-just-56-adult-icu-beds-left-orange-county-0-icu-1234656346/

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 302
  • -Received: 70
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 10:11:44 AM »
Critical Care Float nurse here. I’m currently working at a hospital in LA county. Our ICU was at capacity over the weekend, so I was holding (taking care of) two patients waiting for ICU beds in the Emergency Department. They both waited over 24 hours. They have shut down PACU and any non-emergent surgery to turn that unit into an overflow ICU.
My current schedule is working 5 shifts/week instead of 3, because there isn’t enough nurses to man the ICI overflow.
Yet my concern is for those non-covid related admissions who have a delay of care because we are over-saturated with COVID-19 patients. For example, we are not a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and do not have a neurosurgeon at our hospital. On Saturday night I received a woman who had stroke symptoms, imagining of the head showed she was having a hemorrhagic stroke (brain bleed). Our hospital would typically immediately transfer this woman to a comprehensive center that had a neurosurgeon, but all the hospitals from LA to Las Vegas who could take her are full. Took until Monday evening to get her to a hospital that could actually help her. But that time her neurological exam had worsened and she had a midline shift of 6cm (her brain was being compressed and damaged by the pocket of blood stuck in her skull). Her care was delayed because of COVID...smh

https://old.reddit.com/r/news/comments/kdkki0/los_angeles_covid19_update_ambulances_waiting_4/

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 440
  • -Received: 661
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2020, 10:42:32 AM »
The lack of ICU/hospital beds is a real issue. Unfortunately one of my hospitals is severely impacted with numerous COVID admissions that are holding in the ER for days. There are no ICU beds and the overflow units are full. The backup is causing high levels of ER diversion. Things are going to get a lot worse before getting better. Please wear your mask, social distance, and stay safe.

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 199
  • -Received: 69
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
Kind of really close by.

Wow, fuck that guy. I hope Costco revokes his membership for life. He's also shouting his germs super far.

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 199
  • -Received: 69
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 01:00:43 PM »
The lack of ICU/hospital beds is a real issue. Unfortunately one of my hospitals is severely impacted with numerous COVID admissions that are holding in the ER for days. There are no ICU beds and the overflow units are full. The backup is causing high levels of ER diversion. Things are going to get a lot worse before getting better. Please wear your mask, social distance, and stay safe.

Sometimes I wonder how many people need to die before mask-deniers take things seriously.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2020, 01:27:07 PM »

Sometimes I wonder how many people need to die before mask-deniers take things seriously.

Is it just mask deniers though? Are mask deniers the only ones getting together at home for the various holidays? I can’t imagine only the mask deniers are causing this ICU issue.

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 1172
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2020, 01:36:10 PM »

Is it just mask deniers though? Are mask deniers the only ones getting together at home for the various holidays? I can’t imagine only the mask deniers are causing this ICU issue.

Not sure but if your indoor christmas eve dinner with 15-20 people (masked or unmasked) does result in a fire and someone gets hurt, they're SOL.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Stock picks by Cornflakes
[Yesterday at 11:56:31 PM]

Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes by USCTrojanCPA
[Yesterday at 09:14:50 PM]

Re: Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes by irvineboy
[Yesterday at 08:35:13 PM]