Crimes/protests related to COVID

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
I think that was a white guy :)

How about the guy that gave a fist bump? ;) was that you?

Another white guy :)

From a distance could look Latino. (wink)

If I was there people would have been filming my calves not that guy on the bullhorn :)

That guy looks like he?s in shape (guy that gave the fist bump). That is why I thought it was you.  8);)

eyephone said:
Kind of really close by.

CBS News: Anti-Mask Rant Caught On Camera At Tustin Costco

A customer?s outrage about wearing masks was caught on camera on Sunday inside a Tustin Costco.
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/12/13/anti-mask-rant-caught-on-camera-at-tustin-costco/

Check out the video. The guy had a megaphone standing on top of the clothes pallet.
Qwerty did you go to Costco? jkjk

Anti-mask guy and fist bumpers are irresponsible fucking assholes. Orange County is now out of ICU beds. LA County has a wait time and is nearly exhausted. Pretty much all ICUs in Southern California and Nevada are exhausted.

This also means if you have a life threatening emergency, you?ll be waiting also.
https://deadline.com/2020/12/los-an...icu-beds-left-orange-county-0-icu-1234656346/

Critical Care Float nurse here. I?m currently working at a hospital in LA county. Our ICU was at capacity over the weekend, so I was holding (taking care of) two patients waiting for ICU beds in the Emergency Department. They both waited over 24 hours. They have shut down PACU and any non-emergent surgery to turn that unit into an overflow ICU.
My current schedule is working 5 shifts/week instead of 3, because there isn?t enough nurses to man the ICI overflow.
Yet my concern is for those non-covid related admissions who have a delay of care because we are over-saturated with COVID-19 patients. For example, we are not a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and do not have a neurosurgeon at our hospital. On Saturday night I received a woman who had stroke symptoms, imagining of the head showed she was having a hemorrhagic stroke (brain bleed). Our hospital would typically immediately transfer this woman to a comprehensive center that had a neurosurgeon, but all the hospitals from LA to Las Vegas who could take her are full. Took until Monday evening to get her to a hospital that could actually help her. But that time her neurological exam had worsened and she had a midline shift of 6cm (her brain was being compressed and damaged by the pocket of blood stuck in her skull). Her care was delayed because of COVID...smh
https://old.reddit.com/r/news/comments/kdkki0/los_angeles_covid19_update_ambulances_waiting_4/

The lack of ICU/hospital beds is a real issue. Unfortunately one of my hospitals is severely impacted with numerous COVID admissions that are holding in the ER for days. There are no ICU beds and the overflow units are full. The backup is causing high levels of ER diversion. Things are going to get a lot worse before getting better. Please wear your mask, social distance, and stay safe.

eyephone said:
Kind of really close by.

CBS News: Anti-Mask Rant Caught On Camera At Tustin Costco

A customer?s outrage about wearing masks was caught on camera on Sunday inside a Tustin Costco.
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/12/13/anti-mask-rant-caught-on-camera-at-tustin-costco/

Check out the video. The guy had a megaphone standing on top of the clothes pallet.
Qwerty did you go to Costco? jkjk

Wow, fuck that guy. I hope Costco revokes his membership for life. He's also shouting his germs super far.

iacrenter said:
The lack of ICU/hospital beds is a real issue. Unfortunately one of my hospitals is severely impacted with numerous COVID admissions that are holding in the ER for days. There are no ICU beds and the overflow units are full. The backup is causing high levels of ER diversion. Things are going to get a lot worse before getting better. Please wear your mask, social distance, and stay safe.

Sometimes I wonder how many people need to die before mask-deniers take things seriously.

HMart said:
iacrenter said:

Sometimes I wonder how many people need to die before mask-deniers take things seriously.

Is it just mask deniers though? Are mask deniers the only ones getting together at home for the various holidays? I can?t imagine only the mask deniers are causing this ICU issue.

qwerty said:
HMart said:
iacrenter said:

Is it just mask deniers though? Are mask deniers the only ones getting together at home for the various holidays? I can?t imagine only the mask deniers are causing this ICU issue.

Not sure but if your indoor christmas eve dinner with 15-20 people (masked or unmasked) does result in a fire and someone gets hurt, they're SOL.

HMart said:
iacrenter said:

Of course, that one has  be in their immediately family or close circle of friends and have absolutely no health issues, because you know, Bob has issues.

qwerty said:
HMart said:
iacrenter said:

Frankly I kind of appreciate the dumbass standing on the table.  I honestly would rather have another shopper boldly not wearing a mask, I can stear clear and cross too many like last week, decide its time to go.

Avoiding the compliant non-maskers, you know the ones with a mask, but got to pull it down to yack on the phone in the store, or walk through the store jerking their mask up and down like a yo-yo so they can drink their starbucks.  Or walking around with their nose hanging out. Or Mr I have to touch a half dozen cartons before I find the pick the one I want.

jIMHO, they're far more damaging.  They think they're being safe, but they're chronically touches public stuff, then thier face and their masks over and over and over.

If half the people in the store dont want to wear a mask, grow a pair and don't.  I can then easily tell its a dumbass zone and pick another place.

You would think that as we ?near the finish line? with the vaccinations actually starting people would be more inclined to do the public health measures, especially with the ICU issue.

I would have thought having some certainty as to when the pandemic will end (summer of 2021?) would result in more people falling in line. I don?t agree with the locks downs but I figured people would be more likely to wear mask, etc. given the end is near.

Unfortunately a small subset has been radicalized politically and the mask, pandemic and following safety protocols all is part of that political radicalization.

qwerty said:
You would think that as we ?near the finish line? with the vaccinations actually starting people would be more inclined to do the public health measures, especially with the ICU issue.

I would have thought having some certainty as to when the pandemic will end (summer of 2021?) would result in more people falling in line. I don?t agree with the locks downs but I figured people would be more likely to wear mask, etc. given the end is near.

That is contrary to human nature...most people loosen up and become less careful with a perceived end/cure in sight.  After all...who cares about the disease cause there is a vaccine now, logistics be damned.

Something like 50+% of all accident happen within 5 miles of your home...23% within 1 mile of one's home.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2108966/survey-finds-vehicle-crashes-most-likely-occur-close-home/

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:

That is contrary to human nature...most people loosen up and become less careful with a perceived end/cure in sight.  After all...who cares about the disease cause there is a vaccine now, logistics be damned.

Something like 50+% of all accident happen within 5 miles of your home...23% within 1 mile of one's home.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2108966/survey-finds-vehicle-crashes-most-likely-occur-close-home/

I read that experts are saying to wear masks even though you get the vaccine.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/health/mask-covid-19-safety-vaccine-wellness/index.html

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:

I think that is because most a people are always driving near their house not so much the they let up. If people spend 70% of their time within 5 miles of their home the chances are more likely they will have an accident closer to their home (larger population size).

11 Alive News: GSU instructor fired after disagreement over mask policy | 'It crossed a moral boundary'

Cody Luedtke was looking forward to teaching another group of students this school year at Georgia State University. She hoped it would look more normal than last year and was excited about the possibility of in-person classes -- until the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and the Delta variant.

Luedtke taught at the university for nearly six years, and says she had a combination of feelings on her last day.

"I was relieved I didn't have to teach in the fall in classrooms that are full of students, some of which aren't going to be wearing masks. I was sad to lose my job. There are a lot of people there that I care about. A lot of my colleagues."
https://www.11alive.com/mobile/arti...olicy/85-c19db3c5-0df4-498e-a611-c158a75208b4

I do not blame her and would do the same if I was in her shoes. Across the US teachers are getting sick due to covid.

Kiro7 News: Man punches nurse in the face multiple times after his wife is vaccinated for Covid

Police are looking for a man in Canada they say punched a nurse in the face multiple times, knocking her to the ground after she administered a Covid-19 vaccine to his wife without his permission.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...ccine-police-said/5KP43O3AONE75DKMWU5D3A5MLE/

Why does the wife need the husband?s permission to get the vaccine? (Kind of strange)

Back