Author Topic: Sheltering...  (Read 1070 times)

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2494
  • -Received: 1593
Re: Sheltering...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 04:26:54 PM »
Working from home but catching up on some shows at night. Altered carbon is next on my list. Liked the first season. Just caught up with homeland and curb your enthusiasm. Although I still need to finish ray donovan, may wrap that one up before starting altered carbon.

For fast food, McDonald’s may be one of the best places (I think) to minimize transmission. They have a payment window and a separate food window. If you pay on the app you just get handed the bag of food at the second window. I always thought their setup was one all drive through places should mirror. Maybe places will follow now.  Hopefully this also speeds up the adoption of electronic payments in general and hopefully all restaurants adopt pay by app so you don’t need to exchange cash or credit cards.

Offline Dresden215

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 44
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 10:40:55 PM »
Highly recommend Formula 1 Drive to Survive on Netflix. It’s the testosterone version of Real Housewives!

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 307
  • -Received: 214
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 11:16:16 PM »
Highly recommend Formula 1 Drive to Survive on Netflix. It’s the testosterone version of Real Housewives!

Thanks, will need to check this out.

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 167
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2020, 07:43:18 AM »
If you guys have vpn, you can look for servers outside like Canada, Netflix have different shows due to different rights.  Maximize your Netflix subscription :)

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 197
  • -Received: 1105
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2020, 08:06:39 AM »
For fast food, McDonald’s may be one of the best places (I think) to minimize transmission. They have a payment window and a separate food window. If you pay on the app you just get handed the bag of food at the second window. I always thought their setup was one all drive through places should mirror. Maybe places will follow now.  Hopefully this also speeds up the adoption of electronic payments in general and hopefully all restaurants adopt pay by app so you don’t need to exchange cash or credit cards.

Since this whole thing started, I also noticed how often we have to touch things to pay.  Even at Target drive up, you have to sign their handheld device.

I second Formula 1 Drive to Survive.  Also just finished the McMillions HBO documentary on the McDonalds monopoly scam and the Trial of Gabriel Hernandez on Netflix.  The former is a 'wow, can't believe this happened' watch.  The latter is super sad/wtf so skip if you aren't in the right headspace.

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2263
  • -Received: 3645
  • 3CWG
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 10:59:50 AM »
So... anyone noticing their remote connections are slow?

Been hearing complaints about all the virtual conferencing apps too like WebEx and MS Teams.

All the traffic on the freeway has now moved to the Internet. :(
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2494
  • -Received: 1593
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »
We have cox and my wife and I are both working remotely all day and the kids are streaming all day on their devices. Have not noticed any slowdown of any Kind. Using teams has not been an issue, speeds are fine

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 79
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »
No issues for us, both wife and I working from home and kids watching TV or on iPads at times. 

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 741
  • -Received: 1016
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 04:58:52 PM »
Cox provider. New Modem so we're at about 175mbs. Two mesh routers to ensure everything is running well upstairs and down.

Netflix
Hulu
HBO Go
and Amazon Prime.

Homeland was mentioned earlier (HULU). The Looming Tower is so great and so hard to watch, but a must.  Man In the High Castle and The Boys (both Amazon) are also faves. Since Soylent Yellow and Soylent Blue are out of the house, we've chewed through Westworld S-1 and S-2 which were fun. The last season of Stranger Things (Netflix) was fun for all of the 80's references. Worth a watch. Plenty of amazing documentaries about things you'll just drop your jaw about. Other than "Oh, I always wanted to see that film" there's a few others series I'd like to get to like Deadwood (HBO) or the entire Sopranos series.  If you have to pay for a series, I'd recommend Counterpart, a Starz original, but I think on Amazon or Hulu soon... Finally, Servant on Apple TV is great, as long as you don't skip to the end to see how it all works out in the end.

My .02c
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:13:52 PM by Soylent Green Is People »

Offline PSForever

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 28
  • -Received: 7
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:04 PM »
TV:  Happy Valley, The Fall, Fearless, etc. (really enjoy the British crime dramas with good character dev.).

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 01:36:11 PM]

Re: Coronavirus Math by morekaos
[Today at 12:38:58 PM]

Re: Coronavirus Math by Kenkoko
[Today at 12:34:37 PM]