Author Topic: Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier  (Read 3922 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2256
  • -Received: 3643
  • 3CWG
Re: Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 03:47:00 PM »
You better get a lot of rest because at Momo’s house you will be straining your eyes watching the KDramas’ subtitles.

I'm going to momo's house.

I think I have my Level 5 security badge to get past his heavily armored security gate.

Ahh yeah. Luckily I eat at so many KBBQs I'm semi-fluent in Korean. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2256
  • -Received: 3643
  • 3CWG
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 03:47:49 PM »
I'm going to momo's house.
I think I have my Level 5 security badge to get past his heavily armored security gate.

If you were forced to leave your bug-in location (home), what you actually need is bug-out bag and backup stash/cache.  5 gallon buckets with gamma lids (avail at home depot) can keep your backup supplies safe for few years when buried.  Put your stuff inside backpack, put backpack inside bucket, bury/stash bucket.  There are numerous parks and trails around Irvine suitable for this purpose, bring a folding shovel with you on a hike to test the soil.

There are numerous web sites, articles, blogs on what to put in your bug out bag.  All I'll say is before you spend any money, check your closet, drawers, and pantry first.  That sweater you haven't worn for years?  Perfect.  Worn socks/underwear/jeans with small hole?  Good enough.  Get free map from AAA office.

Sometimes I wonder if you're a survivalist or Jason Bourne. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 701
  • -Received: 398
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »
P.S.  The 1L bottle Glaceau "Smart Water" and Costco 1 gallon water jugs (sold in 6 packs) tend to last longer in storage without undesirable taste.  I've had the Costco 1 gallon water jugs stored in backyard container for 3 years and it's still drinkable.  It was never in direct sunlight but the backyard storage container is left outdoors through summers and winters.

The el cheapo small bottled water at supermarket?  Left in garage for 1 summer and it tasted weird.

Offline irvinehomeshopper

• Thanks
  • -Given: 531
  • -Received: 982
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 04:05:38 PM »
The biggest shocker of the leaked news is the Chinese Woodbridge HS graduate attending IVC. What's the point of living in Irvine?
"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »
I hope you did not get infected while shopping for your survivalist supplies from the District Costco.

P.S.  The 1L bottle Glaceau "Smart Water" and Costco 1 gallon water jugs (sold in 6 packs) tend to last longer in storage without undesirable taste.  I've had the Costco 1 gallon water jugs stored in backyard container for 3 years and it's still drinkable.  It was never in direct sunlight but the backyard storage container is left outdoors through summers and winters.

The el cheapo small bottled water at supermarket?  Left in garage for 1 summer and it tasted weird.

"I can only imagine at a house warming party what a total embarrassment it would be to tell the guests that there is no tour because there is no more house to show you because you are standing in the only room in the house. "

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 395
  • -Received: 599
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 04:12:29 PM »
Hoping the Corona virus panic will help me get a quick drink at Omomo or lunch at Ding Tai Fung this weekend. :)

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 701
  • -Received: 398
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 06:15:25 PM »
I hope you did not get infected while shopping for your survivalist supplies from the District Costco.

I moved to Cerritos area and shop at Costco in Norwalk.

For survivalist supplies I recommend major surplus and survival in Gardena.  They stock canned water for lazy folks who don’t want to rotate stock.

=======

Here’s an idea for ‘wet can’ rotation. If you purchase boxes of canned food for emergencies but got tired of eating it in rotation, you can donate to canned food drives at work and school — just make sure it has not expired and has at least 6-12 months remaining on best used by date.

If you do this every year you can make sure that the canned food supply in your pantry is relatively fresh.  I recommend stocking basic items like canned meats, fruits and vegetables instead of microwaved meals.  B&M also makes canned bread, avail at Stater Bros supermarket.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:55:45 AM by momopi »

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 739
  • -Received: 1014
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 09:36:31 PM »
Re-watching "Contagion" - A great sci-fi film that has evidently has become more of a documentary of sorts.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:44:20 AM by Soylent Green Is People »

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 307
  • -Received: 214
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 08:58:33 AM »
The info of the man is fake. The infected woman is verified by Chinese neighbors living in Woodbridge. Although not publicized yet but majority of residents of Woodbridge are taking extreme precautions and avoiding busy places. Diamond Jamboree, District Costco and South Coast Plaza the mother visited while in her contagious period before she got really sick.

In regarding to misinformation and fakes.

Don’t be too haste in gather and broadcast information

This is output by the City of Irvine PD today.

The Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA) has confirmed that the  Orange County patient who tested positive for the novel coronavirus is a male in his 50s. Due to patient confidentiality, no additional information is known at this time. The OCHCA is the lead agency for health related issues in Orange County. Please follow their social media platforms or visit their website at http://www.ochealthinfo.com/phs/about/epidasmt/epi/dip/prevention/novel_coronavirus for additional information.  The City of Irvine and Irvine Police Department will continue to monitor.

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 11:25:34 AM »
When I learned of the misinformation, I researched numerous sources that published the original article.

The Center for Disease Control undoubtedly is the most trusted source, and an infected patient is indeed a man.

Neighbors in Woodbridge, my trusted source from SVG and I have all misled the sex because of the google translate glitch I discovered this morning by copy and pasted the original Chinese article referring the patient only as ”he or him” and the only reference to a female was ”daughter attending IVC.” Google translated ” to visit her daughter,” and that started the connotation the mother of a female student got infected with the coronavirus.

Below is the link to the original Chinese article https://www.wenxuecity.com/news/2020/01/26/9056897.html

This is the content of the Chinese text followed by the English translation. Google screwed up big time:

今天,来自美国疾病预防控制中心CDC最新证实:

这名南加州的患者,是美国第3位被诊断出来,自中国的新型类肺炎病毒的患者。

我们担心的事情还是发生了

加州的首例确诊新型冠状肺炎患者还是出现了

且在华人聚居区——南加州大洛杉矶地区橙县

他是从武汉来洛杉矶橙县旅游的,患者60多岁,昨天也就是周六午夜,正式确认病毒检测呈阳性。

有未经证实的消息称,这名患者是从武汉,来看望在湾区社区大学IVC读书的女儿。

Irvine Valley College也是尔湾知名的社区大学,有不少来自中国的留学生。

该机构的一名发言人说,这名患者目前正在一家医院接受隔离治疗,情况良好。

目前,在与疾病预防控制中心和加州公共卫生部协商后,正在直接跟踪与该病例有密切接触并有感染风险的所有个人。

将监视任何密切接触者,并确保在他们生病时提供适当的评估和护理。

美国疾病控制与预防中心的指导意见指出,与病例有过偶然接触的人(在同一家杂货店或电影院)感染的风险最低。

但让我们比较忧心的是,橙县(Orange County)位于洛杉矶(Los Angeles)和圣迭戈(San diego)之间。受到华人新移民欢迎的尔湾(Irvine)就在橙县,到2016年,亚裔已经成为尔湾的最大族裔。
刚刚在网络论坛收到的消息:

网友评论:

-应该留在家里自我隔离,在明知现在武汉疫情的情况下飞来LA跟逃跑有什么区别,坑了自己娃是小,坑学校及周边洛杉矶人,还有同飞机的人都处于危险之中了……

-爾灣的華人已經把他的行徑路線都找到了,孩子在讀Irvine valley college,住Woodbridge,週三到,週四去吃了海底撈,週五看醫生,醫院是Tustin 和Santa ana交界那間,大家互相通報有去海底撈吃飯的人或去過這間醫院的人也自我隔離

Today, the CDC from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently confirmed:

This Southern California patient is the third patient in the United States to be diagnosed with a new type of pneumonia virus from China.

What we worry about still happens

First patient diagnosed with new type of coronary pneumonia in California still appears

And in the Chinese community-Orange County, Greater Los Angeles, Southern California

He traveled to Orange County, Los Angeles from Wuhan. The patient was in his 60s, and yesterday, midnight on Saturday, officially confirmed a positive virus test.

There is unconfirmed news that the patient came from Wuhan to visit her daughter who is studying at IVC in Bay Area Community University.

Irvine Valley College is also a well-known community college in Irvine, with many international students from China.

A spokesman for the agency said the patient is currently in isolation at a hospital and is doing well.

Currently, following consultations with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health, all individuals in close contact with the case and at risk of infection are being directly followed.

Any close contacts will be monitored and ensured that appropriate assessments and care are provided when they become ill.

Guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that people who have had casual contact with the case (at the same grocery store or movie theater) have the lowest risk of infection.

But what worries us more is that Orange County lies between Los Angeles and San diego. Irvine, popular with new Chinese immigrants, is in Orange County. By 2016, Asians had become Irvine's largest ethnic group.

Message just received in the web forum:
Reviews:

-Should stay at home and isolate myself, knowing what is the difference between flying to LA and escaping under the circumstances of the Wuhan epidemic, it is dangerous to hang out, the pit school and the surrounding Los Angeles people, and those who are on the plane are in danger Now ...

-The Chinese in Irvine have found his course. The child is studying at Irvine valley college, living in Woodbridge, arriving on Wednesday, eating Haidilao on Thursday, seeing a doctor on Friday, and the hospital is at the junction of Tustin and Santa ana Everyone informed each other that people who went to Haidilao to eat or who had visited this hospital also isolated themselves.

• Thanks
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 11:32:47 AM »
SCP LV is now not on the quarantine list since the patient is a man. 

Offline haiku

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 4
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2020, 01:11:41 PM »
The safest places to eat are Panda Express and PF Chang. No chinese people will be there.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 395
  • -Received: 599
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 01:23:41 PM »
You can luckily add Mexican food to the list as well 😁

The safest places to eat are Panda Express and PF Chang. No chinese people will be there.

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 302
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 01:35:22 PM »
When I learned of the misinformation, I researched numerous sources that published the original article.

The Center for Disease Control undoubtedly is the most trusted source, and an infected patient is indeed a man.

Neighbors in Woodbridge, my trusted source from SVG and I have all misled the sex because of the google translate glitch I discovered this morning by copy and pasted the original Chinese article referring the patient only as ”he or him” and the only reference to a female was ”daughter attending IVC.” Google translated ” to visit her daughter,” and that started the connotation the mother of a female student got infected with the coronavirus.

The problem is when TI called you out on your false information, instead of retreating, you double-downed on your version and called everyone else's fake news.  Then you acted like you had a primary source when in reality, you were just using google translate and essentially plagiarizing your source.

Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but in propagating your own version of fake news, you just fueled the fire to create more pandemonium.

The info of the man is fake. The infected woman is verified by Chinese neighbors living in Woodbridge. Although not publicized yet but majority of residents of Woodbridge are taking extreme precautions and avoiding busy places. Diamond Jamboree, District Costco and South Coast Plaza the mother visited while in her contagious period before she got really sick.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 357
  • -Received: 639
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »
 ;D

The problem is when TI called you out on your false information, instead of retreating, you double-downed on your version and called everyone else's fake news.  Then you acted like you had a primary source when in reality, you were just using google translate and essentially plagiarizing your source.

Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but in propagating your own version of fake news, you just fueled the fire to create more pandemonium.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Masks? by lnc
[Today at 07:50:35 AM]

Re: coronavirus by nosuchreality
[Today at 06:32:54 AM]

Re: Coronavirus Math by nosuchreality
[Today at 06:22:37 AM]

Re: Masks? by PSForever
[Today at 05:59:05 AM]

Re: How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees... by Soylent Green Is People
[Today at 05:48:51 AM]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal