Author Topic: Tesla Model Y  (Read 44836 times)

Offline Kings

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 350
Re: Tesla Model Y
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »
picked up model y a few weeks ago. coming from bmw and it's much more fun to drive.

referred myself for a tesla solar system so i'll also be getting $400 back on that once it's installed - permitting in process now.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2769
  • -Received: 4099
  • 3CWG
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2020, 11:14:44 AM »
Saw my first Tesla Y in Irvine. First I thought it was an X but had the separate rear door handles (no Falcon wing) and had the Gemini wheels.

I really want one now. Just need to figure out how to get rid of my current vehicle. :(
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Kings

• Thanks
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2020, 11:20:12 AM »
Saw my first Tesla Y in Irvine. First I thought it was an X but had the separate rear door handles (no Falcon wing) and had the Gemini wheels.

I really want one now. Just need to figure out how to get rid of my current vehicle. :(

vroom and carvana are great options. just enter your details on their website and they come back to you with a price almost instantly. if one comes in higher than the other you can ask them to beat and squeeze a little more out of the sale.  i was able to get out of my bmw lease early because vroom offered me more than my lease buyout.  they cut bmwfs a check to buy the car and i get anything extra.

used car market is hot right now because nobody wants to take public transportation, so good time to get rid of used cars in good shape.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2020, 11:21:18 AM »
picked up model y a few weeks ago. coming from bmw and it's much more fun to drive.

referred myself for a tesla solar system so i'll also be getting $400 back on that once it's installed - permitting in process now.

But electric cars and solar panels are not for Republicans. It goes against the Trump platform. Support dirty coal technologies . ;)

Green jobs and solar technology is a joke according to Trump. I guess this Maga is jumping ship like the rest of middle of America.

Make sure you sport the Covid4life bumper sticker.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:31:28 AM by eyephone »

Offline Kings

• Thanks
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »

But electric cars and solar panels are not for Republicans. It goes against the Trump platform. Support dirty coal technologies . ;)

Green jobs and solar technology is a joke according to Trump. I guess this Maga is jumping ship like the rest of middle of America.

it's a good thing life is not black or white  ;)

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 229
  • -Received: 285
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2020, 01:16:00 PM »
Model Y looks really good. I see them more on the road now. I can't tell if it's Y or X when I see them drive by quickly. The only way is by looking at the side door handles.

Hey, you're going to be accused of being a burner account of someone called YF/BTB.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2020, 01:18:58 PM »
Model Y looks really good. I see them more on the road now. I can't tell if it's Y or X when I see them drive by quickly. The only way is by looking at the side door handles.

Hey, you're going to be accused of being a burner account of someone called YF/BTB.

Stop talking to yourself.

We are both S3XY.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 229
  • -Received: 285
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »
I personally would choose Cybertruck over Model Y, but I don't think it fits in our garage. You need a proper driveway or 3CWG for that.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
I personally would choose Cybertruck over Model Y, but I don't think it fits in our garage. You need a proper driveway or 3CWG for that.

Same... but can't wait until 21-22.

By then our other lease will be up, the Y will go to the boss and I'll get the CT. :)
I recommend:

Offline SoclosetoIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 54
  • -Received: 81
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »

By then our other lease will be up, the Y will go to the boss and I'll get the CT. :)

same thought process for me too
Love the performance Y.. might swap into the CT when it comes out

seconded on carvana, wife got out of a bmw lease as well from the buyout
if you have a Y, highly recommend tinting the roof with a ceramic tint, I used llumar irx

comparing it to my old f80 M3, it definitely is faster and turns better, love it
if you see a MSM PUP in irvine, say hello

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »

Plan A So are you going to sign up for solar? Process takes time to get solar.
Plan B Get a Level 2 charger. If or when you get the Tesla.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2020, 03:09:50 PM »

it's a good thing life is not black or white  ;)

Double standard. You bashed the Dems about solar and now you believe in solar.
Jump ship like the rest of America. The ship is sinking yo.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 03:16:50 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2020, 03:14:09 PM »
For the newbs be careful when you give back your car before your lease ends. I heard stories where people got royally screwed.

You know me I laughed at the stories.

Also, about the miles and condition of the car. But for some reason if you get a new lease, they can negotiate or look pass things. Haha
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 03:21:37 PM by eyephone »

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 264
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2020, 03:20:06 PM »
Hmm I'm getting offered $39k for my Model 3. I wonder if I should sell and buy the Y. So tempting. Just putting about $20k out of pocket to buy.

Offline woodburyowner

• Thanks
  • -Given: 70
  • -Received: 159
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
Hmm I'm getting offered $39k for my Model 3. I wonder if I should sell and buy the Y. So tempting. Just putting about $20k out of pocket to buy.

What was your original purchase price?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal