Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 7870 times)

Offline fortune11

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 181
  • -Received: 210
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
the point is , polls were spot on in the 2018 midterms weren't they  ? even if some polls were wrong in 2016 , although the final result was still within their margin of error. 

that is what smart people do - learn from mistakes and evolve.  it is what smart investors do as well. 

don't tell that to dyed in the wool republicans / trumpsters who let their egos and tribal instincts cloud everything else

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »

Really?  So the line is now "pallets of cash"?  What if they used EFT or a cashier's check?   

So ridiculous.

IC -- my sympathies -- it is like banging your head against a wall, pun intended :)

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 575
  • -Received: 484
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »

Really?  So the line is now "pallets of cash"?  What if they used EFT or a cashier's check?   

So ridiculous.

IC -- my sympathies -- it is like banging your head against a wall, pun intended :)

Banging my head against steel slats named Peaches.

BTW: 

Ardent foe of socialized medicine Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is planning to undergo hernia surgery this month in Canada, where medical care is publicly funded and universally provided.

Paul, who is not covered by the Canadian health care system, will pay out of pocket for the operation, an aide told Politico. The surgery is set to take place at Shouldice Hernia Hospital in Ontario, a “world renowned hospital,” the senator’s spokeswoman Kelsey Cooper said.

Information about the surgery, scheduled for Jan. 21, was revealed in court papers in Paul’s civil lawsuit against neighbor Rene Boucher, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

According to Paul, the surgery — which will cost as much as $8,000 — is linked to injuries he suffered in 2017 when Boucher attacked him as he mowed his lawn. Boucher pleaded guilty last year to attacking Paul in a dispute over yard care and was sentenced to 30 days in jail.

Shouldice Hernia Hospital markets itself as a “global leader” in hernia repair, according to its website. It’s privately owned, but “almost all of its work” is done under contract with the Ontario government, according to the Globe and Mail, and it accepts Ontario’s Hospital Insurance Plan, which is part of the nation’s public health care system, the Courier-Journal reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rand-paul-heading-canada-land-012217228.html

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 09:16:36 AM »
someone tell trump we need a roof over the entire country to protect us from illegal space aliens

Online morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 267
  • -Received: 297
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
Fast food in the White House?  Well clutch my pearls and give me the vapors.  Fast food can only lead to debauchery....

"Experts like Meeks like to remind people that much of the present turmoil in Washington can be traced to pizza. He recalls that Nov. 17, 1995, during the government shutdown, was "pizza night" for Monica L. Lewinsky and President Clinton, according to Lewinsky's daybook. Lewinsky, an unpaid intern, was working at the White House because other employees had been furloughed. Had they not shared that pizza, history may well have turned out very differently.

Lewinsky also figured in another pizza-delivery frenzy: the previous three-day record for White House orders to Domino's was set after the Lewinsky story broke in mid-January. In those three days, the White House placed $2,600 in orders."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/pizza121998.htm?noredirect=on

and I guarantee that $2600 bucks in pizzas weren't paid for by Bill or Hillary.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:00:47 PM by morekaos »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 303
  • -Received: 568
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 12:12:44 PM »
Fast food in the White House?  Well clutch my pearls and give me the vapors.  Fast food can only lead to debauchery....

"Experts like Meeks like to remind people that much of the present turmoil in Washington can be traced to pizza. He recalls that Nov. 17, 1995, during the government shutdown, was "pizza night" for Monica L. Lewinsky and President Clinton, according to Lewinsky's daybook. Lewinsky, an unpaid intern, was working at the White House because other employees had been furloughed. Had they not shared that pizza, history may well have turned out very differently.

Lewinsky also figured in another pizza-delivery frenzy: the previous three-day record for White House orders to Domino's was set after the Lewinsky story broke in mid-January. In those three days, the White House placed $2,600 in orders."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/pizza121998.htm?noredirect=on

Of course. What do you exepect? It’s the Trump diet plan.

Win a college national championship and celebrate at the White House eating fast food.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 12:18:04 PM »

Of course. What do you exepect? It’s the Trump diet plan.

Win a college national championship and celebrate at the White House eating fast food.

I mean he could have helped local food businesses suffering from the shutdown but no...that's too much empathy

This is pretty much Trump thinking that young people only eat fast foods

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2019, 12:33:33 PM »
They loved it...not one Burger or pizza was left and the players are still raving.  What do think they wanted Kale salads on grilled Portobellos? It was a brilliant solution that played well to the public but was shocking to townee DC.

'Great being with the National Champion Clemson Tigers last night at the White House,' Trump tweeted. 'Because of the Shutdown I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders [sic] etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!'

Clemson offensive guard Matt Bockhorst, a red-shirt freshman, responded to a viral photo of him staring longingly at a platter of burgers, tweeting: 'I mean you're not just gonna NOT eat the Big Macs stacked in a pile right?'

Sylvester Mayers, a 21-year-old sophomore told DailyMail.com that the fast-food dinner was 'unexpected, but a very familiar taste' after he finished his meal.

He had the hamburgers, chicken nuggets and the pizza, he said.

'I appreciated it. It was a kind gesture. Could have gave us nothing, I suppose,' he said of the president's out-of-pocket purchase. 'So, it could have been worse. Just excited for having the experience to be here, really,' he said

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6594387/Trump-boasts-Clemson-football-team-ate-1-000-hamberders-just-one-hour-White-House.html

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
They loved it...not one Burger or pizza was left and the players are still raving.  What do think they wanted Kale salads on grilled Portobellos? It was a brilliant solution that played well to the public but was shocking to townee DC.

'Great being with the National Champion Clemson Tigers last night at the White House,' Trump tweeted. 'Because of the Shutdown I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders [sic] etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!'

Clemson offensive guard Matt Bockhorst, a red-shirt freshman, responded to a viral photo of him staring longingly at a platter of burgers, tweeting: 'I mean you're not just gonna NOT eat the Big Macs stacked in a pile right?'

Sylvester Mayers, a 21-year-old sophomore told DailyMail.com that the fast-food dinner was 'unexpected, but a very familiar taste' after he finished his meal.

'I appreciated it. It was a kind gesture. Could have gave us nothing, I suppose,' he said of the president's out-of-pocket purchase. 'So, it could have been worse. Just excited for having the experience to be here, really,' he said

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6594387/Trump-boasts-Clemson-football-team-ate-1-000-hamberders-just-one-hour-White-House.html

Seriously...could you be anymore condescending. 

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
I'll try harder next time. >:D

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2019, 12:51:35 PM »
Anybody can get a pizza and Big Mac. Winning a national college football championship is different from going out for pizza after a little league or soccer weekend game.

He just brought the bar down lower.

How low can you go? (song)

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »
that portrait of Lincoln behind him almost wants to say  " Four score and seven double cheeseburgers  ago ... "

Online morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2019, 01:05:56 PM »
As I pointed out..the only ones who were offended by this were outsiders and elites.  Outsiders felt the need to be "outraged for them".   These boys and their coaches reveled in it.  Dinner is not a reward it was the experience.  Did you see any of the ceremony or celebration?  They spontaneously sang "God Bless America", "Proud to be an American" and thanked God with a Prayer.  It was inspiring.  That was the reward and recognition, but the Big Macs were also appreciated.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 01:38:38 PM »
As I pointed out..the only ones who were offended by this were outsiders and elites.  Outsiders felt the need to be "outraged for them".   These boys and their coaches reveled in it.  Dinner is not a reward it was the experience.  Did you see any of the ceremony or celebration?  They spontaneously sang "God Bless America", "Proud to be an American" and thanked God with a Prayer.  It was inspiring.  That was the reward and recognition, but the Big Macs were also appreciated.

First you were bragging about the Fast Food. When that got shot down. Then you bring up the songs they were singing.  (weak)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:45:06 PM by eyephone »

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »

PLEBS SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHATEVER THEY GET!

Seriously...neither Trump nor Morekaos have ever seen what top tier college football.players get for spreads before and after games.

It is classic Trump

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: When would be next housing Bottom? by curious george
[Today at 12:54:02 PM]

Re: The Investigation by Kings
[Today at 12:12:20 PM]

Re: Artificial Intelligence by bitmaster20