Laguna Altura in 2011

iacrenter

Laguna Altura in 2011
(Planning Area 18?formerly known as Laguna Crossing)
Located near Laguna Canyon Rd & 133

All the information is gleaned from the City of Irvine database:
www.irvinequickrecords.comhttp://www.irvinequickrecords.com/S...5ac0p2eeij1dq5155/11317137111520101005557.PDFhttp://www.irvinequickrecords.com/S...c0p2eeij1dq5155/1131713411152010100522601.PDF

505fye.jpg

Phase I of development will involve 4 subdivisions, totaling 597 homes on 76.7 acres

Siena (tract 17373)
195 units on 19 acres
Will be 195 single family detached residential condominiums.

San Remo (tract 17370)
164 units on 16.8 acres
Will be 164 single family detached residential condominiums.

Cortona (tract 17371)
152 units on 25.2 acres
Will be152 single family detached residential homes.

Toscana (tract 17372)
86 units on 15.7 acres
Will be 86 single family detached residential homes.

The Irvine Planning Commission met on 10/21/10 and had a guest speaker from TIC?Jeff Davis. He discussed a future TIC Design Center coming in April 2011 in Woodbury Town Center. It would promote among other things, ?visitability and aging in place.? Not sure what the heck that means? Maybe talking about Handicap access and elderly housing? He also discussed a future retail center in Planning Area 17 (West of Laguna Altura ?across the Laguna Canyon Rd closer to QH), and a possible addition of a trail from the San Remo tract to the private park.

Here is a slightly larger file for viewing the community map.

Attachments

• lagunaalturamapsSmall.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 3,429
Thanks for posting this. As we have seen so far in 2010, TIC continues shrinking lot and home sizes. I was a bit disappointed to see Toscana offering largest lots at an average lot size of 5,291 sft. But then I can understand their strategy due to the success of 2010 New Home Collection. Hopefully we will see larger lots in PA 18 South, but don't think they will build that any time soon. 

How old is that map?

It doesn't seem to match the satellite image (nor the original sitemap):

idr4ti.jpg

It looks like the parks are moved out of the neighborhoods rather than inside them like the sat image shows.

But if the docs are right... at least all the homes are detached. But it looks like Siena and San Remo are all motorcourt-type homes.

Any floor plans?

irvinehomeowner said:
How old is that map?

It doesn't seem to match the satellite image (nor the original sitemap):

idr4ti.jpg

It looks like the parks are moved out of the neighborhoods rather than inside them like the sat image shows.

It looks like the map in my 1st post was printed as recently as October of this year. I have a larger version of the map and if you look carefully at the bottom it says:

PREPARED BY:
Hunsaker & Associates
Irvine, Inc.
PLANNING - ENGINEERING - SURVEYING
Three Hughes Irvine, CA 92618 PH (949) 583-1010  FX (949) 583-0799
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLOTTED BY: jovencito DATE: Oct. 12, 2010 TIME: 10:29 AM

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
Are there any disclosures to be afraid of here irvinehomeowner?  LOL
I'll let you know when I buy there.

(maybe something about a lion's cemetary?)

Or a brontosaurus took a dump on your lot?

I'd be more concerned if there was a lack of disclosures.  When you buy in Woodbridge are there disclosures about your home being bathed in toxic runoff from El Toro?

annabanana said:
How big are the Toscana residences?

Good question. I haven't seen any specific documents with layouts or floorplans yet. I would assume those would be the biggest and most expensive homes in the subdivision with  a traditional single family residence layout.

I did find a couple more tidbits of info:
(Source--
http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/SIRESearch/viewfile.aspx?cabinet=AGENDAS&docid=817276&pagenum=1)

Minimum Site Size              Required            Provided
Tract 17370                        2400sqft            9164sqft           
Tract 17371                        2400sqft            4223sqft
Tract 17372                        2400sqft            3840sqft
Tract 17371                        2400sqft            7629sqft
(??Not sure why Tract 17373 not listed--Siena)

Not sure how Site Size relates to lot size?

If I do a rough calculation of Tract 17372 (Total Acres / # units) ~ we get 7800 sqft lots per unit. This calculation grossly overestimates lot size since it doesn't account for roads, sidewalks, etc...  So if we assume roads and sidewalks take up to 1/3 the sqft, then ~5-6K sqft lots are possible.

I also read, they will extend Lake Forrest Drive from Bake Pkwy to Laguna Canyon Rd/133 and will create a 2nd entrance into the community from this extension.

Speaking of entrances--looking at the detailed map, I noticed a 2nd driveway only on the inbound lanes of the community. So it looks like a Guard Gated community similar to NP and future OH.

iacrenter said:
He also discussed a future retail center in Planning Area 17 (West of Laguna Altura ?across the Laguna Canyon Rd closer to QH)
Yeah... that has been planned for a while. It's off the straightaway right before you hit the east traffic circle. It's a good place for one since there is no room in LC (err... LA) for a "Third Place". It will also help service those apartments close to the Spectrum.

I wonder if the extension of Lake Forest Dr to the 133/Laguna Canyon Rd is going to make it more congested there. There is already tons of roadway construction prepping for the left turn into LC/LA and also the intersection for Lake Forest Dr. Seems like it will be a bit more crowded in this area.

I wonder if we can prod someone's design firm about the floorplans going up... from what I remember from the other thread, it was alley garage style homes.

irvineresident said:
Thanks for posting this. As we have seen so far in 2010, TIC continues shrinking lot and home sizes. I was a bit disappointed to see Toscana offering largest lots at an average lot size of 5,291 sft. But then I can understand their strategy due to the success of 2010 New Home Collection. Hopefully we will see larger lots in PA 18 South, but don't think they will build that any time soon. 

It looks like half of LA will be motorcourt type homes, with the remainder traditional type SFR. At least compared with Cypress Village, SG, PS, & even OH--there seems to be no IAC rental apartments within the neighborhood. I am little disappointed but not surprised not see more pocket parks versus the original drawings IHO posted. This is part of the TIC squeeze, to keep costs low and profits high. The opportunity cost of building another WB or NP would require giving up big $$$$ for more park space. They seem more interested in shoving more homes into smaller lots.

From what I read, Planning Area 18 has a total of 757 homes approved. Minus the 597 for PA 18 North, that leaves only a 160 homes left to build for PA 18 South. They can always add to this number cap by stealing from the surrounding planning area's unbuilt units.

I was also surprised by the number of parking easements given to the project. Is it normal for TIC projects to be granted so many parking easements?

I'm actually a bit relieved by this.

It's a bit more dense than I would have thought and while I'm sure the homes will be nice... I can be okay buying something in QH where it's a bit more open and closer to the elementary school, the bigger parks, the walking trails and the shopping area.

I'm sure I'll be drooling over the Toscana homes... but maybe in 5 years I can afford one.

So these are scheduled for 2011?  Laguna Crossing still shows 2013 on the villages of irvine website..

kinetics said:
I'm the most excited for this project.  Hopefully there will be some cheaper homes in my price range. 
I would hope so too... but the location will be a premium so these will probably be more than what you have seen at WoodPortolaGate (props to PatStar for the nickname).

Back