Woah, Baby.

Feds raid alleged Chinese 'maternity tourism' operations in California

Federal agents raided about 20 locations in three Southern California counties early Tuesday as part of an investigation targeting ?birth tourism? schemes in which pregnant Chinese women travel to the United States on fraudulent visas so that their children will be born U.S. citizens.

Search warrants were served at the homes of people federal authorities suspected of running the operations as well as at apartment complexes in Irvine, Rancho Cucamonga, Rowland Heights and Walnut where pregnant women were allegedly being housed.

In the Irvine case, an undercover agent posed as an expectant mother and contacted a representative of "You Win USA.? The agency helped her come up with a bogus employer, a false proof of income and a fake college diploma to bolster the appearance that she was likely to return to China after a brief visit, according to the affidavit.

More than 400 women associated with the Irvine location have given birth at one Orange County hospital since 2013, agents wrote in the affidavit. One of the women paid $4,080 out of $28,845 in hospital bills when her bank account showed charges at Wynn Las Vegas and purchases made at Rolex and Louis Vuitton stores, the affidavit said.

lnc said:
Feds raid alleged Chinese 'maternity tourism' operations in California

Federal agents raided about 20 locations in three Southern California counties early Tuesday as part of an investigation targeting ?birth tourism? schemes in which pregnant Chinese women travel to the United States on fraudulent visas so that their children will be born U.S. citizens.

Search warrants were served at the homes of people federal authorities suspected of running the operations as well as at apartment complexes in Irvine, Rancho Cucamonga, Rowland Heights and Walnut where pregnant women were allegedly being housed.

In the Irvine case, an undercover agent posed as an expectant mother and contacted a representative of "You Win USA.? The agency helped her come up with a bogus employer, a false proof of income and a fake college diploma to bolster the appearance that she was likely to return to China after a brief visit, according to the affidavit.

More than 400 women associated with the Irvine location have given birth at one Orange County hospital since 2013, agents wrote in the affidavit. One of the women paid $4,080 out of $28,845 in hospital bills when her bank account showed charges at Wynn Las Vegas and purchases made at Rolex and Louis Vuitton stores, the affidavit said.

Wow I am really surprised that they didn't pay the hospitals.  From earlier posts about OBGYN offices packed with foreign pregnant ladies, I thought they were paying for their medical services. 

Wow! I just finished reading the article. Thanks for the link, Inc.

The unnamed hospital in the Irvine area has GOT to be Hoag. The article also confirms a lot of what Irvinehomeshopper has posted previously about this practice but was poopoo'd here on TI.

did I get Dr. James Yang into trouble? did I inadvertently help out the Feds?

The California Court Company said:
Tada! SoCal is right. James Yang, from Hoag, is especially advertised in those birth tourism ads. He charges $1900 for natural birth or c-section.

*????*
?????????????????---????James Yang?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1900???
*??????*
????????????????Hoag??????????????????????????7500???15000?????????????????????????????????????????????????1200?????4100???

did I get Dr. James Yang into trouble? did I inadvertently help out the Feds?

Tada! SoCal is right. James Yang, from Hoag, is especially advertised in those birth tourism ads. He charges $1900 for natural birth or c-section.

*????*
?????????????????---????James Yang?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1900???
*??????*
????????????????Hoag??????????????????????????7500???15000?????????????????????????????????????????????????1200?????4100???

I will give credit where credit is due. Good eye on that advertisement, Cal Court. If you see any change in their information online, let me know. I am due very soon for an appointment in that office. (I see the endocrinologist who shares that small office with the OB/GYN.) I wonder how this will affect their office or if it will even stay open since this huge bust. I will post if I see any changes next time I go.

was that you SoCal?

Nope, not me. I think it was one of the residents at the Carlyle apartment complex in Irvine, which was being used as a Chinese maternity hotel.

The next wave is IVF at Life Irvine opposite Target on Barranca. Husbands or boy friends travel here to Jerk off several vials of samples and go back to China to commit more corruption and the female tourists in hiding stay as long as possible to get pregnant then burden the local hospital by going through the ER for free delivery. The hospital ER can't turn away patients regardless of immigration status.

*????*
*??????*
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hospital-653123-birth-china.html
Hoag and Fountain Valley hospitals are favorites for birth tourism, Homeland Security officials say

Now they start to talk about the hospitals...

and Orange County premises searched
? 18880 Douglas, Irvine, a dozen apartments
? 32 Windsong, Irvine
? 78 Harrison, Irvine
? 28601 Los Alisos Blvd., Mission Viejo, one apartment

rwa484 said:

*????*
*??????*
Hoag and Fountain Valley hospitals are favorites for birth tourism, Homeland Security officials say

? 32 Windsong, Irvine
? 78 Harrison, Irvine

Harrison. Isn't that lambert ranch?

bones said:
rwa484 said:

*????*
*??????*

? 32 Windsong, Irvine
? 78 Harrison, Irvine

Harrison. Isn't that lambert ranch?

Is LR alright, maybe it's tour operator's property. 

Yup, good old Lambert Ranch.. that house is huge!  Two million dollar home for birth tourism.  Corner lot near the clubhouse:
78harris_zpsymopxxy3.jpg

Here's a neighboring house for rent:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/79-Harrison-Irvine-CA-92618/119681539_zpid/

I bet there are Rosemist Plan 3 Houses in PP that are being used for birth tourism.  5 Bedrooms each with it's own bath,  at that price point, it's built for birth tourism or hostel.

Used to be unfamiliar people driving around the block, stopping at "that house" in the neighborhood, and scoring weed or coke. Eventually you'd see DEA stop in with their door knockers and guns drawn. Now it's ICE or CPS swarming homes that have too many strollers parked divided by number of rooms as per floorplan.

I'll need to add Birth Tourist House to the list of properties I'd not want to buy next to IE grow house, crack den and meth labs and other undesirable locations not to live near.

My .02c

I always wondered how these birth tourist houses don't have neighbors complaining all the time.  There is so much traffic and parked cars near these homes, the HOA would be on their ass all day long.

Maybe 78 Harrison is the doctor's house?  $300/month HOA, they would've noticed if all these pregnant women start showing up.  Did some snooping... title transactions around 5/2012 which is when LR was sold?

ps9 said:
Maybe 78 Harrison is the doctor's house?  $300/month HOA, they would've noticed if all these pregnant women start showing up. 

Also we would expect NYT to take some pictures. :)

Back