Woah, Baby.

Tada! SoCal is right. James Yang, from Hoag, is especially advertised in those birth tourism ads. He charges $1900 for natural birth or c-section.

*????*
?????????????????---????James Yang?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1900???
*??????*
????????????????Hoag??????????????????????????7500???15000?????????????????????????????????????????????????1200?????4100???

The California Court Company said:
Tada! SoCal is right. James Yang, from Hoag, is especially advertised in those birth tourism ads. He charges $1900 for natural birth or c-section.

*????*
?????????????????---????James Yang?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1900???
*??????*
????????????????Hoag??????????????????????????7500???15000?????????????????????????????????????????????????1200?????4100???

Good find! Wow. Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

SoCal said:
I obviously disagree because I was there. Like I said, the Chinese ad is for Hoag. This is Hoag. It's not far-fetched. I don't understand why it's even being called into question...?? What's the point? You don't want to entertain the idea they are engaging in birth tourism? Okay, that's fine, you can believe what you want. It is what it is. Rkp, I wouldn't say the staff confirmed it but they didn't squash the notion. You can always call that number in the Chinese ad yourself and ask for more information on how to make your child a U.S. citizen. If it was one big coincidence, how  would they schedule this many people into a narrow time slot in an office with one O.B.??  To me, it was plain as day. Very fobby, didn't speak a lick of English. (I grew up in this area and can tell the difference between Americanized Chinese and foreigners.) Eyephone, as for the assertion they are citizens, I don't see how that's likely. I've tutored immigrants through the county to take the naturalization test. They have to take it in English unless they meet certain exemptions. It is an exceedingly difficult challenge unless you actually speak the language. None of these *pregnant* women are eligible for the exemptions such as being over age 50. No, I didn't check their I.D. to confirm their age.  ;) They are of child-bearing age.

I stated that I was very aware of birth tourism and know people in that industry.  I was never calling into question that it existed or didn't exist.  Rather I was wondering how you came to that conclusion based on your observation of possible ethnicity and possible interaction.  I hope you realize that you clarified a lot with subsequent posts but the info you knew was not in your first post and not obvious to everyone else. 

In your original post, it wasn't clear that there was 1 and only 1 OB for this group and also, packed can mean 5 people or 100 people so its not clear.  When my wife was pregnant, the office we went to routinely had 15-20 people in the waiting room. 

In any case, your subsequent posts helped clarify it a lot. 

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
To me it doesn't matter, as long as they paid for the services. (Doctor/hospital bill) I think people have a problem with people having babies and not paying the bills.

thats an interesting question. who does pay for the hospital bill? when we had our daughter hoag charged upwards of 15-20K and i believe the insurance negotiated rates ended up being around 10-13K.  if they charge 20K for the service im guessing that doesnt include the cost of the hospital.  do they use the ER and not have to pay for it like the poor folks here in the US?

The cost of whole birth tourism can cost around $40,000 to $60,000.  The tourism operator will pay for all the medical expense after collecting money from the pregnant tourist.

The fee usually includes food and lodging for few month before the due date and a month of recovery after the birth.  All necessary pregnancy related medical expenses. Transportation and possible some tour and leisure activities like shopping at South Cost Plaza.

zubs said:
So...at least their rich.

Yeah, but according to the media and as IHS pointed out, one major point of contention is that they game the system for a "free ride". Apply for WIC, put the baby on Medicaid, and ads touting "free education for your child" in the U.S. public schools when we all know nothing is "free". Getting a paycheck in China, not paying income tax here, and understating income for freebies courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer.

1st of all, I'm against anchor baby and the whole baby tourism in general because I find it disingenuous to purposely have a US born citizen who won't be brought up and learn to appreciate all the pros and cons of this country only to come back to the states when it comes time for college admission or other times of urgent need.  With that said, I'd rather have these ladies than illegal aliens whom we may actually have to pay (with our tax $$) to support their birth and probably all through school as well.

SoCal said:
zubs said:
So...at least their rich.

Yeah, but according to the media and as IHS pointed out, one major point of contention is that they game the system for a "free ride". Apply for WIC, put the baby on Medicaid, and ads touting "free education for your child" in the U.S. public schools when we all know nothing is "free". Getting a paycheck in China, not paying income tax here, and understating income for freebies courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer.

From what I've read, this was an issue back in the days when this business boomed in Monterey Park and Chino Hills, after media attention and crack down, getting through the loophole in the system to get on WIC and Medicaid is pretty hard now for visiting visas.  The ones here in Irvine are predominantly the wealthier-bunch this time around, paying cash for all services and their rentals which aside from the anchor-baby concept, is much less of an issue.

troublet said:
1st of all, I'm against anchor baby and the whole baby tourism in general because I find it disingenuous to purposely have a US born citizen who won't be brought up and learn to appreciate all the pros and cons of this country only to come back to the states when it comes time for college admission or other times of urgent need.  With that said, I'd rather have these ladies than illegal aliens whom we may actually have to pay (with our tax $$) to support their birth and probably all through school as well.

All through school and beyond in many cases

I find it interesting how illegals are always viewed as the scum of the earth. No one has any problem paying them a measly 60 bucks a month for cutting your lawn four times a month or paying them minimum wage for back breaking work. Most illegals actually work. They just don't  get paid living wages because people love the cheap labor and when they need medical care all of a sudden they are a burden and a liability. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

And people forget or don't know, the largest group that receives public assistance are actually white people. If you don't want them to be a burden remember that the next time you try to nickel and dime them when you want your yard maintained, house cleaned, or watch your kids.

I find it interesting that every time anyone expresses any dismay towards the illegal immigration issue aka "huge elephant in the room", the same justification is always used to rebuke it. It goes like this 1) How illegals are working all the low paying jobs, helping to lower the cost of labor 2) If anyone ever complains about it, they are either being a hypocrite who takes advantage of the illegals while treating them as scum of the earth or being a racist.

Having flipped burgers, scrubbed pots and pans for years in restaurants in my younger days for minimum wage, let me tell you that's BS. There'll always be hardworking Americans and/or legal immigrants/residents to take up all lines of work, low skilled or rocket science, I personally try to never hire illegals and only work with reputed contractors, companies and referrals.

Please don't make the term "illegal" into anything less than what it states, working for a living doesn't make skirting the system anymore right. Of course it's a whole lot better than those who choose not to work for a living and lives entirely off the society while committing crime or popping off kids that ends up on the streets gang-banging for life.

troublet said:
Having flipped burgers, scrubbed pots and pans for years in restaurants in my younger days for minimum wage, let me tell you that's BS. There'll always be hardworking Americans and/or legal immigrants/residents to take up all lines of work, low skilled or rocket science, I personally try to never hire illegals and only work with reputed contractors, companies and referrals.

This is funny. This has been put to the test. Several years ago in Alabama they tried to enforce immigration laws on the farms and the illegals fled to surrounding states. That left the white and black people left to pick crops. After days or weeks the majority of those whites and blacks would quit because they didn't think the amount of hard work was worth the low pay. If all of these Americans were such hard workers the public assistance in this country and california specifically wouldn't be the drain on taxpayers that it is. There is a reason the illegals are here, the demand exists for cheap labor the your so called hard working Americans don't want to or are not willing to do.

Who's the one profiling - assuming those females are part of the program and/or foreigners by just looking at them.

why all the hate against foreigners. We need those hard working illegal cheap Mexicans and on the other end of spectrum, rich Chinese FCBs or birth tourists.

I have more issues with lazy bums who live off from EBT, regardless of race and ethnicity.

The California Court Company said:
why all the hate against foreigners. We need those hard working illegal cheap Mexicans and on the other end of spectrum, rich Chinese FCBs or birth tourists.

I have more issues with lazy bums who live off from EBT, regardless of race and ethnicity.

Well, since you've put it that way, totally agree.

FHR's Asian population over the past 10 years went up like 4-5% I believe to about 15%  Not too strong of a presence when compared with many other areas.  Interestingly enough - the strongest Asian presence in FHR is not the area with the highest median income.    (All according to the world's best source of information - city data, haha)

I doubt the prices of FHR will rise faster than Irvine.  I'd love for that to happen, but it is doubtful.  People, who may go unnamed, who show a great presence in driving up prices probably don't see appeal to FHR. 

Now when Korea gets their economic boom as Japan, Taiwan, Russia, and now China has, FHR may have a better opportunity as it's close to hiking!  The United Hikers of Seoul So. Cal division will enjoy living walking distance to Whiting Ranch. (Well that is of course if they don't get the Johns Creek real estate fliers first.) 

Unfortunately this board has too many anti Chinese tainted statements. I know that a lot of the people here like to play along, but the brainwashing and subtle comments do have a negative effect on people who are less familiar with Chinese. 

Low income jobs? That brings up an interesting topic...
Would one receive more on welfare when compared to picking vegetables traveling as a migrant worker?

Now the Chinese birth tourism is on national spot light and the most interesting part to me is that "almost two-thirds of Chinese with more than 10 million yuan ($1.6 million) in the bank have emigrated, or are planning to".

I guess housing price in Irvine still have some significant upward potential since there's remain one-third of millionaire not fleet yet.

Why Chinese moms want American babies

For many pregnant women, a pre-birth checklist might look like this: assemble the crib, buy extra bibs, pack essentials for the hospital. But for a growing number of expectant Chinese mothers, the list also includes buying a plane ticket to the U.S.

Felicia He, 27, shelled out tens of thousands of dollars and planned meticulously before hopping on a plane to give birth in California.
"I started getting ready for the trip around the end of my first trimester," she recalled. "I asked my friends who have given birth before in the U.S. for a doctor recommendation; then I found a place to stay in the area for a few months, and purchased my plane ticket."

Pregnant Chinese moms are flocking stateside to give birth, lured by rules that grant American citizenship to anyone born on U.S. soil. A booming birth tourism industry has sprouted from coast to coast to cater to growing interest -- in 2012, about 10,000 Chinese women gave birth in the U.S., more than double the 4,200 in 2008, according to Chinese state media.

Many of the families want an American kid because a foreign passport could be the family's ticket out of China if they grow weary of pollution or food safety scares. President Xi Jinping's widespread anti-corruption campaign has given rich Chinese yet another reason to be on edge.

"If things become economically or politically uncertain in one's country of origin, the children have a place to come to," said Leti Volpp, a law professor at the University of California, Berkeley. The children can "then sponsor their parents when they turn 21."

The desire to leave China is especially pronounced among the wealthy. Almost two-thirds of Chinese with more than 10 million yuan ($1.6 million) in the bank have emigrated, or are planning to, according to a Hurun report released last year.

Back