Winter is Coming...

Maybe it's just me but I don't see any chemistry between Jon and Dany.

Dany might like him but I just don't see him drooling over her like everyone else is saying he is.

And why was Jon so willing to bend the knee now? Just because she saved their lives?

So bad... they all knew it would be that way, they could have just short cut the whole thing by just riding Drogos, wiping out that small band of wights and flying the hostage wight back. Jon of all people should have known that.

And now the Walkers have their own air force... bah.

irvinehomeowner said:

Dany might like him but I just don't see him drooling over her like everyone else is saying he is.

And why was Jon so willing to bend the knee now? Just because she saved their lives?

So bad... they all knew it would be that way, they could have just short cut the whole thing by just riding Drogos, wiping out that small band of wights and flying the hostage wight back. Jon of all people should have known that.

they don't have chemistry because she is his aunt. 

Trumun or watever told Jon that mance was a prideful man who didn't bend the knee and many lives were lost because of that.  Also, Dany saves his butt and lost a dragon in the process.. Think she has earned his respect.

irvinehomeowner said:
IrvineRealtor said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
they don't have chemistry because she is his aunt. 

Cersei and Jaime have chemistry. :)

Bom-chicka-wait-a-minute...

Uncle Benjen!!! Haven't seen you since forever!!!

just in time!

BTW.. why on earth would them zombies be carrying around giant chains?  They must have known they would be dragging a dragon out of a frozen lake at some point. 

jmoney74 said:
BTW.. why on earth would them zombies be carrying around giant chains?  They must have known they would be dragging a dragon out of a frozen lake at some point. 

The Night King had Euron make them in 5 minutes.

#SecretAlliance

irvinehomeowner said:

I buy it.  They made huge sacrifices for each other.  I think all their unanswered questions about each other were answered that episode.  They understand each other better.

As for them being related...  That's what royals do...  (at least in GOT, they do).  Remember, she was originally with her brother in the first season...

This sums up most of my thoughts in Season 7:
http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-bad-storytelling-plot-holes/

ScreenRant said:
To list everything stupid in the episode would take far too much time, so here?s an overview. The plan ? take a zombie to zombie-protected Cersei ? is already questionable but the execution is baffling; they fortuitously kill a White Walker yet leave one wight alive, but then get trapped in the middle of a lake while Gendry (who is arbitrarily now the fast one) runs to Eastwatch, sends a raven across the continent and Dany flies up overnight. It?s so heavy on deus ex machina, with the dragons (who surely should have been the first port of call for this) and Benjen Stark (a seven-seasons in the making reunion with his nephew that?s downplayed) both turning up at the last minute to save Jon (the latter?s particularly egregious given that to leave Jon behind in the first place he had to start fighting random wights without a lick of the character?s self-preservation). Even execution-wise it?s dumb ? Kit Harrington pretends to go to sleep like a three-year-old when Dany tells Jon to rest. And below the Wall, why is Arya suddenly being a cold-ass bitch to Sansa?

irvinehomeowner said:
This sums up most of my thoughts in Season 7:
http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-bad-storytelling-plot-holes/

ScreenRant said:
To list everything stupid in the episode would take far too much time, so here?s an overview. The plan ? take a zombie to zombie-protected Cersei ? is already questionable but the execution is baffling; they fortuitously kill a White Walker yet leave one wight alive, but then get trapped in the middle of a lake while Gendry (who is arbitrarily now the fast one) runs to Eastwatch, sends a raven across the continent and Dany flies up overnight. It?s so heavy on deus ex machina, with the dragons (who surely should have been the first port of call for this) and Benjen Stark (a seven-seasons in the making reunion with his nephew that?s downplayed) both turning up at the last minute to save Jon (the latter?s particularly egregious given that to leave Jon behind in the first place he had to start fighting random wights without a lick of the character?s self-preservation). Even execution-wise it?s dumb ? Kit Harrington pretends to go to sleep like a three-year-old when Dany tells Jon to rest. And below the Wall, why is Arya suddenly being a cold-ass bitch to Sansa?

I think the Arya Sansa thing is playing out Sunday. If it's that obvious in that Arya just hates Sansa then the writing is indeed lazy.

If anyone remembers, Sansa wasn't very likable in the beginning, all she cared about was Joffrey, even after he bullied Arya and her friend.

So this seems to be going back to that... although since then, Sansa did suffer quite a bit, and although she is right about getting the Vale to help out, she hasn't really done much else other than undermine Jon.

So yeah, I'm #TeamArya. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
If anyone remembers, Sansa wasn't very likable in the beginning, all she cared about was Joffrey, even after he bullied Arya and her friend.

So this seems to be going back to that... although since then, Sansa did suffer quite a bit, and although she is right about getting the Vale to help out, she hasn't really done much else other than undermine Jon.

So yeah, I'm #TeamArya. :)

or it might have to do with Little Finger

I think the writing is sloppy to just have Arya go from hugging Sansa to borderline murdering her.  Esp for someone who has gone through all that training to see through all the deception.  We'll see how it plays out Sunday!

jmoney74 said:
I think the writing is sloppy to just have Arya go from hugging Sansa to borderline murdering her.  Esp for someone who has gone through all that training to see through all the deception.  We'll see how it plays out Sunday!

... or next season in 2019 (or whenever it is supposed to air).

peppy said:
jmoney74 said:

Almost certainly they will wrap up this story come Sunday.

jmoney74 said:
peppy said:
jmoney74 said:

Almost certainly they will wrap up this story come Sunday.

so, sweet revenge on Little Finger? Bran sure knows all the ways in which he has betrayed the Starks.

So dany supposed to get betrayed three times. Guess Tyrion will be that. We didn't hear what he said to cersei.  Plus shifty eyed at the end. Writing is awful On this one.

Aeygon?  I guess that name is carried on through the family.

Back