What happened to YellowFever?

eyephone said:
Loco_local said:
On Saturday I was trying to find that purse thread so I would know which one would be the best investment and hold the best value during these uncertain economic times, and I was disappointed to learn that the creator of the topic felt it necessary to delete the initial post. There was a lot of good information in that thread.

Are you kidding me. I wouldn't buy a purse for an investment. Also, you better make sure that the purse you buy is legit. (There's a lot of knock offs)

Maybe not so much a joke after all...

The ULTIMATE investment purchase: Experts reveal the designer bags you can sell on for up to ?80,000 second-hand (or 13 times their original price)

Researchers from Vestiare Collective have identified most valuable bags
Some hold their value and can be sold on for a reasonable price
Others become even more sought after as styles and colours discontinued
Rare Chanel and Hermes styles gain thousands in value over time 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4448460/How-designer-handbag-really-worth.html#ixzz4fqvs6CMA

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
The anonymity here allows for folks to unleash their anger, bigotry, and ignorance - a lot like elections.

Seems like industry standard on forums

True. Proven when Microsoft built an AI/machine learning bot to engage in social media, it became a raging fact-free racist quickly.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
The anonymity here allows for folks to unleash their anger, bigotry, and ignorance - a lot like elections.

True. Proven when Microsoft built an AI/machine learning bot to engage in social media, it became a raging fact-free racist quickly.

So what are your thoughts regarding Talk Irvine?

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

There's valuable insight shared here. There are quite a few folks who say things regularly they'd never say in person, nor want attributed to themselves.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

There's valuable insight shared here. There are quite a few folks who say things regularly they'd never say in person, nor want attributed to themselves.

Who are you referring to?

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Nobody specific in mind. I've just read many comments before that have made me cringe, for being pointlessly insulting, completely fact-free, and/or illogical.

Back in 2003 I was playing Shadowbane MMO pretty heavily.  Unlike other "carebear" MMO's this was a PvP and GvG MMORPG that allowed players to steal and murder other players.  Groups of players would form nations and invest hundreds of hours to build castle towns, while other player groups form to come and burn everything down.  There was only one in-game city that was a "safe zone" while everywhere else was free for all to murder and mayhem.  The range of sociopathic behaviors was mind boggling.  Without restraints players would gank/PK other players with impunity and, players who invest hours in PvE harvesting would have thief players come and steal their hard work.

After numerous complaints UBISoft team nerfed the thief class to make it more difficult to steal from other players.  They bent over for the carebears because most players don't have the mental fortitude to handle a true unrestricted PvP game, which eventually lead to the game's closure.  The snowflakes back then couldn't survive a computer simulated world where your stuff is only yours so long as you can protect it.

Consider, when unrestricted internet forums are taken over by trolls or spammers, most of the users will leave.  If your e-mail address received unrestricted amount of spam advertisement e-mails daily without a spam filter, you'd quit the address and get a new one.  Anonymity on internet forums is nice to have, but without a moderator things will go south quickly.

Shadowbane_Coverart.png

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Nobody specific in mind. I've just read many comments before that have made me cringe, for being pointlessly insulting, completely fact-free, and/or illogical.

Anything goes on TI.

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Anything goes on TI.

Certainly. All similar commentary quickly settles near the lowest common denominator. You just have to define your tolerance level for nonsense, and remove yourself accordingly.

It reminds me of pick-up basketball. There are no refs. There are certain acceptable standards, but a wide range of opinion on what's reasonable. If you're playing with a dude who is hackin' hard, arguing called fouls, and generally ignorant, you have to make a decision. Do I stay here and continue playing, get in a fight, or simply remove myself from this nonsense?

Perspective said:
It reminds me of pick-up basketball. There are no refs. There are certain acceptable standards, but a wide range of opinion on what's reasonable. If you're playing with a dude who is hackin' hard, arguing called fouls, and generally ignorant, you have to make a decision. Do I stay here and continue playing, get in a fight, or simply remove myself from this nonsense?

I have a personal disdain for playground bullies.

Usually when someone like this is at the courts, I say something. It has got me in near fights but I never let it get that far, and I'm usually the one breaking a fight up.

It boggles my mind when someone gets violent over a pick-up basketball game (or a TI e-argument... if you know who I'm referring to).

irvinehomeowner said:
Perspective said:

Usually when someone like this is at the courts, I say something. It has got me in near fights but I never let it get that far, and I'm usually the one breaking a fight up.

It boggles my mind when someone gets violent over a pick-up basketball game (or a TI e-argument... if you know who I'm referring to).
I think that we all agree that bullies are bad and deserve their comeuppance. What is just as bad as bullies are the whiny self-righteous weaklings who are always unjustly accusing others of bullying them when they don't get exactly what they want when they want, or when such pussies pick a fight and the other party who defends himself gets labeled the bully.

Bullying is bad but the definition of bullying has been expanded so much that it is beginning to lose all meaning.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Perspective said:

I think that we all agree that bullies are bad and deserve their comeuppance. What is just as bad as bullies are the whiny self-righteous weaklings who are always unjustly accusing others of bullying them when they don't get exactly what they want when they want, or when such pussies pick a fight and the other party who defends himself gets labeled the bully.

Bullying is bad but the definition of bullying has been expanded so much that it is beginning to lose any meaning.

You know growing up and seeing all the bullies.. just really shocked and still shocked about how fights and bullies can still happen.  With teachers and what not.. even today you can get cameras throughout the school and nip it in the butt.  However, it still goes on.

jmoney74 said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Perspective said:

Bullying is bad but the definition of bullying has been expanded so much that it is beginning to lose any meaning.

You know growing up and seeing all the bullies.. just really shocked and still shocked about how fights and bullies can still happen.  With teachers and what not.. even today you can get cameras throughout the school and nip it in the butt.  However, it still goes on.
Even confronted with video evidence, many parents still refuse to believe their own kids are bullies, liars, cheaters, harassers etc. and such evidence will only serve to inflame such parents.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Anything goes on TI.

Certainly. All similar commentary quickly settles near the lowest common denominator. You just have to define your tolerance level for nonsense, and remove yourself accordingly.

1. Last time I checked no one is picking on you.
2. Having different point of views is common

Back