Vizio 80" TV Costco 10/3-10/27

Netflix app is a joke on my "Smart" Vizio TV.  It froze my TV twice already, once upon launch of app and once when I closed it.  Had to unplug TV as it was in a weird pause mode 1/2 on 1/2 off.  After "rebooting" my smart TV, switched to my PS3 and Netflix ran without a problem.  Is this enough to regret my $688 purchase?  Not quite, image is still better than average, and for the price I paid, I can stomach running Netflix thru a second system, though a hassle.  Would I buy a Vizio again?  Leaning towards no.. unless the price is too attractive.

Netflix will usually be slower through a TV especially compared to a PS3.

That's one of the reasons why I don't need a SmartTV and could make due with a non-Smart and a ChromeCast (which runs Netflix pretty well) or a Roku box.

What's pretty cool is the Samsungs have AllShare where you can put whatever is on your Samsung phone on the big screen.

My 2 year old Sony runs Netflix better than the new Vizio.  I just want a simple setup so my wife (hint: my wife) can easily play Strawberry shortcake or Bo on the go for my kid without calling me at work on how to work the TV.

That's not 99%er thinking! What you want to read TI in 4K?

A good price, maybe get Amazon to price match? 

I got the 70" Vizio from COSTCO and I wish I hadn't... its been slightly more than a year and all I can say is there's a reason it's one of the cheapest TV's on the market.  There are small screen imperfections starting to develop (right out of warranty time sigh) and it occasionally locks up/crashes/etc.  The internet apps are also implemented terribly; Netflix through my xbox works way better than Netflix through my TV.

My advise is to man up, spend more, and go with a better brand.

hamilton said:
I got the 70" Vizio from COSTCO and I wish I hadn't... its been slightly more than a year and all I can say is there's a reason it's one of the cheapest TV's on the market.  There are small screen imperfections starting to develop (right out of warranty time sigh) and it occasionally locks up/crashes/etc.  The internet apps are also implemented terribly; Netflix through my xbox works way better than Netflix through my TV.

Luckily for you, costco extends the one year manufacturers warranty to two years. So you should be good.  I also have their 70 inch. No issues though so far after 1.5 years. I did get the additional 3 year warranty for about 100-125. So now my warranty is for 5 years.

Mount it in a loft/man cave.  That's what I'm thinking, got a smallish loft, this should fit nicely.  Maybe a gaming TV? 

Just happy to have a man loft option :)

If I was in Austin I can probably get that curved 78" Samsung for a proper man cave.

hamilton said:

Vizio's HQ is here in Irvine.  If the TV is still in warranty, call them.

Back