Vizio 80" TV Costco 10/3-10/27

I was looking at the JVC 55" LED TV at Costco.  They have that instant rebate of $120. 

Is that TV any good?  I was comparing that TV to the Vizio they had next to it and the picture quality seemed better on the JVC.

Also considering the Vizio 50" 3D LED at Costco. 

I don't know much about TVs.. I just want something to watch NBA and Netflix on  8)

Tyler Durden said:
HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
I guess it's time for a new TV for me.  My nephew "accidentally" threw something at my Samsung...  :mad:

Need a 50" - 55" Flat Screen for my living room, any recommendations?  Not trying to break the bank here!

WHAT?

What was the punishment for the random act of violence against a defenseless piece of electronics?

no punishment... I'm getting a new TV  >:D

so I walked in to Costco again and a guy there was talkign to me about the 720 Clear Motion crap on the Samsung... Wow, it looked really sharp and life like.... man... I'm more confused now.

BTW, when you walk in the store and they're pimping one TV over another, walk up and check the settings. All the basics, contrast, color level, dynamic whoopie cushion et al. 

Then walk over to the el-cheapo and tweak it's settings to match, then compare pictures.

Tyler Durden said:
HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
60HZ though?  :D

its up to you...why buy the best one if there's a chance kids are going to trash it?  If you're only watching movies, that refresh rate should be sufficient.

On the other hand, if you're looking for the best, you have to pony up for higher refresh rates.  Mine are all 240Hz because i watch sports...

baller

Uhh... "ballin'" never referred to baseball... it's hoops yo.

@Homie: You can't go wrong with a Sammy. What was the size/cost? I'm thinking about upgrading now that the real baller season is upon us.

Is it bigger than 60"? I wouldn't have paid $1600 for <= 60" but then again, you're the baller.

@Tyler: I'll give you football as a man's game... but baseball? C'mon... most NBA players are in much better shape than MLB players.

Sorry Tyler, but you lose to Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ballin

1. ballin
Ebonics.
1.) To play basketball.
2.) Living in affluence/wealth.

P.S. You named football players who could play baseball... not the other way around. And that's not a very strong supporting argument, I can ask you if there are any NFL players who could do well in the NBA.

And there is this:
http://www.givemesport.com/363829-top-10-nba-players-who-could-play-in-the-nfl

I get it, you love baseball... or maybe you can't play basketball... it's okay.

But how often do you hear someone watch a baseball game and say "That guy is a baller"?

Tyler Durden said:
No NBA player could play in the NFL.  It actually takes strength. Something a high school kid does not possess.  That's why the NFL rule is 3 years post high school graduation for eligibility vs. the NBA rule of 18 years old.

Little kids have no business playing against grown men.  You think that lebron, kobe or kevin garnett could line up and deal with getting his head taken off by james harrison or julius peppers?  Even if they played defense, they would get shot put across the field by the left tackles trying to rush the passer. 

But i guess you grew up playing with dolls and avoiding the weight room, so you have a natural affinity for women's games. 
Man... such built up frustration over the TIgeddon.

Dude... just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you have to get so snarky.

Emotions aside, I do think there are NBA players strong enough to play in the NFL, but I already ceded that NFL is the roughest of the 3 sports. However, all around athleticism, *in my opinion*, goes to the NBA. Sure, not every position in the NFL can play in the NBA and vice versa but it's not impossible. But if you're going to tell me the MLB is more "manly" (what I read as "athletic"), I can't agree.

This reminds me of another forum that was arguing Hockey vs. Football as the "toughest" sport. And the pro-ice (ie Canadians) were arguing that linemen could not put on skates, while the helmet heads (ie Americans) were saying that no hockey player could outrun a receiver. You can't really compare by position, but overall, football is "tougher" because every play someone is hitting someone and one of the main goals of the game is to tackle the guy with the ball.

So I submit that not only is basketball more athletic than baseball, but it's also tougher because there is more physical contact between opposing players. Posting, boxing out, setting screens is much more physical than you think, and happens constantly throughout the game, more than the occasional blocking the plate, sliding into the baseman.

And if you think insulting my masculinity helps your argument... have at it. Don't know how long you've been here before your NQ/TD username, but you'll find that the IndieDev method has little effect on me.

Did you eat a chimichanga?

LOL Tyler Durden is a butthurt football jock from Santa Ana.

Have you ever met someone from the NBA?  They are giants compared to the midgets in the NFL.  Squash their skull with one hand.

Back