Torrey at Beacon Park

bones said:
Man, still haven't gotten over to BP to see Torrey or a lot of the other ones.  I blame the heat.  Dragged the family to see the KHov ones last month and everyone was a grouch.

I like Plan 2 and appreciate the large lots in the models. Wish the MR was less and it wasn't so close to the superfund site.

lnc said:

you are right, but its not just because of the address.  I realize there is a Feng Shui issue, but I think too much emphasis is being placed on Feng Shui.  This crap is just too expensive!  If the value was there, some non-chinese would come in and buy it...

This early into a new development cycle and to see so many homes pop onto the MLS to me has the whiff of peak pricing. If on December 15th you have cash and can close on December 30th of this year, expect to see some substantial discounts IMHO.

Odd at these prices, plus Mello Roos and HOA, you could purchase in Newport or Laguna Beach for a very similar cost per month. Must be the entoxicating effect of New Home Scent.

My .02c

qwerty said:
If the value was there the Chinese would there. Value > superstition.

I'd totally agree. Once it gets pricey people start getting picky. Street number is the least of BP's problem.

Soylent Green Is People said:
This early into a new development cycle and to see so many homes pop onto the MLS to me has the whiff of peak pricing. If on December 15th you have cash and can close on December 30th of this year, expect to see some substantial discounts IMHO.

Odd at these prices, plus Mello Roos and HOA, you could purchase in Newport or Laguna Beach for a very similar cost per month. Must be the entoxicating effect of New Home Scent.

My .02c

The builder started to believe the Irvine hype. Everyone thought BP would hurt greenwood, probably ended up helping it.

qwerty said:
Soylent Green Is People said:

My .02c

The builder started to believe the Irvine hype. Everyone thought BP would hurt greenwood, probably ended up helping it.

And GOOOOOOOOOO greenwood!  Man these GW peeps manage to sneak in a GW mention into every thread!  Skillz. Or Schillz. :)

The issue with GW is that it doesn't have an Irvine address.  If it did, 100% of the people on this site would be touting it as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

*Cue Taylor Swift*

DJW1705 said:
The issue with GW is that it doesn't have an Irvine address.  If it did, 100% of the people on this site would be touting it as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

*Cue Taylor Swift*

Well actually if it did have an Irvine address, it would be selling for more than BP due to that amazing central location. And then sales would also be in the toilet. So there's that.

bones said:
DJW1705 said:

*Cue Taylor Swift*

Well actually if it did have an Irvine address, it would be selling for more than BP due to that amazing central location. And then sales would also be in the toilet. So there's that.

Oh bones, not gonna go at it again with you :)

DJW1705 said:
bones said:
DJW1705 said:

*Cue Taylor Swift*

What did u tell me again yesterday?  The truth hurts? :) :) :) :)

bones said:
DJW1705 said:
bones said:
DJW1705 said:

*Cue Taylor Swift*

That's fine.  I will take my "amazing central location" as you describe it and pay less than what everyone else will out in the boonies.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :-X :-X :-X :-X

DJW1705 said:
bones said:
DJW1705 said:
bones said:
DJW1705 said:

*Cue Taylor Swift*

That's fine.  I will take my "amazing central location" as you describe it and pay less than what everyone else will out in the boonies.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :-X :-X :-X :-X

And don't let a coyote bite you in the ass on the way out!  ;)

DJW1705 said:

*Cue Taylor Swift*

The address is not only the issue.
1. School situation
2. Jamboree Rd (noise)
3. Hangers
4. I'm sure there are more issues

You do realize the "boonies" are just a few miles away, right? You do accept that the "boonies" are in a much prettier area, no? You understand that Jamboree backing Greenwood is a freeway? And this is all before we get to the two massive WWII relics destroying every view in Greenwood.

Back