Torrey at Beacon Park

Irvine Dream said:
Goriot said:
Purchased from a Builder at $1.7 million in May 2016 and selling for $1.7 million after upgrades and basic landscaping.  Taking a six figure ($200k+) hit after costs and upgrades.  Ouch!
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/114-Mustard-92618/home/107365620

Vow.  If you have the money then this is it as long as you don't worry about dying (114)

Are you suggesting I might die some day!?!

Torrey floorplans and lots are awesome. Pricing and double mello roos? Not so much.

Perspective said:
Irvine Dream said:
Goriot said:
Purchased from a Builder at $1.7 million in May 2016 and selling for $1.7 million after upgrades and basic landscaping.  Taking a six figure ($200k+) hit after costs and upgrades.  Ouch!

Vow.  If you have the money then this is it as long as you don't worry about dying (114)

Torrey floorplans and lots are awesome. Pricing and double mello roos? Not so much.
Except for the entertainment wall and FP in the CA room it's pretty spartan landscaping. Mostly grass in the backyard.  Probably 75k or less I'm guessing. 

BruinDoc said:
Perspective said:
Irvine Dream said:
Goriot said:

Except for the entertainment wall and FP in the CA room it's pretty spartan landscaping. Mostly grass in the backyard.  Probably 75k or less I'm guessing. 

would something like that really be 75k?  all plants in front, mostly grass in back.  they got a fireplace and wall, and then some paving and trees.  i've never landscaped a home, but i hope that wouldn't really cost more than 35kish.  hopefully less.

Ready2Downsize said:
If they paid 75K for that landscaping they got ripped off.

The backyard is pretty big and has a water feature.  My guess is $10k for front yard + $6.5k water feature + 5k for wall + $15k for remaining hard and soft scape + 3k for lighting = approx. $40k

Goriot said:
Ready2Downsize said:

The backyard is pretty big and has a water feature.  My guess is $10k for front yard + $6.5k water feature + 5k for wall + $15k for remaining hard and soft scape + 3k for lighting = approx. $40k
If it's a FCB then they tend to open their wallets and pay whatever ridiculous amount the landscaping contractor charges. When I've gotten quotes, I can tell some of these guys are like "Oh, you're not just going to overpay the ridiculous amount I'm quoting you?" when I tell them I'm getting several quotes for comparison. One can overpay pretty significantly in my past experience, which is why it's key to get at least 3 quotes. And for the record I tend to go with the middle quote 8)

Goriot said:
Ready2Downsize said:

And $75K vs $40K means they got ripped off in my book. I don't even know how someone could pay $10K for that front yard including sprinklers, drains and those plants. They could have massively overpaid for those trees I guess but still $10K? You can get 48" Box trees for under 1K.

Ready2Downsize said:
Goriot said:
Ready2Downsize said:

And $75K vs $40K means they got ripped off in my book. I don't even know how someone could pay $10K for that front yard including sprinklers, drains and those plants. They could have massively overpaid for those trees I guess but still $10K? You can get 48" Box trees for under 1K.

They were not good negotiators?

I think someone guessed they paid $75K but I can't see how anyone would pay that for what they got and $10K for the front yard should have gotten them a whole lot more. For that they probably could have had their driveway removed and redone.

Back